Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" FRIDAY 29th OCTOBER 2010 UPDATE "

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Danny Drinkwater is likely to be on the bench for tomorrows game after the few days training he has had, he has shown no ill effects to the thigh injury he has suffered with and City are confident that Danny can make an impact from the bench if needed.If not he just needs a few more training sessions,but his injury is finally past him.

Craig Bellamy has been true to form since joining City and I hear that the six games he has played at half time the players have had the hairdryer treatment and it has become more vocal and the language more colourful each time, this man is a born leader and he is demanding nothing but 100% from each player for every minute they are out on the pitch wearing the blue of Cardiff City.

During the recent meetings between Langston and the Malaysians I know that there were proposals of settling the debt by other means than the club paying Langston the £10 million themselves, there were offers made by the club which Sam Hammam turned down but proposals were put to the Malaysians as to how the debt could be settled in other ways also. Talks are set to continue at the end of November. The talks have been amicable and both sides are confident they can reach an agreement.

I said recently that Vincent Tan will eventually become Chairman of this club and I again had it confirmed to me that this is the long term plan and strategy and also that TG is not being tossed aside but he is happy to step aside when VT wishes. Also with regards to U-Jiun Tan again I was told that there is plans for him to take a prominent position in the club and that the role will be Chief Executive.

The 3 board members who will join the board of directors are all part of Vincent Tan's own company the Berjaya group and that none of these new directors will bring extra funding or big investment with them if anyone thought otherwise.

Club officials recently spent time in Los Angeles understanding how the football teams out there marketed their product and how they got their fans to enjoy the matchday experience more. The club feel that they learned a lot from this trip and will look to implement some of the strategies at CCS.The officials City sent out were guests of Mike Young creator of Superted, popular childrens programme in the eighties. Mike is a Cardiff born gent now living in the states and a massive City fan. The biggest thing they noticed was that food was one of their biggest sales and City hope they can take advantage of what they learned. This was also an exercise to try and sell Cardiff City to the americans.

Will there be money made available for DJ in January, I see that the local paper has now changed it's back page story and are now reporting the same as I said a couple of weeks ago, there will be money for DJ and he has already highlighted the players he wants to bring in. It goes without saying that when the players names become apparent there is only one place to hear it first and that is here at http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Whilst I am happy that we are building a first team capable of taking this division by storm, there are still concerns over the academy and certainly the lack of funding it is receiving. It has been neglected for the past 3 years under Ridsdale but unfortunatley it still is being. Staff are still not receivng their expenses and also there are still bills outstanding I believe. Hopefully this will be sorted soon and rectified as we have seen the huge benefits to the club of the quality that has come through the academy and we obviously want it to continue.

The FAW have received an unprecedented amount of complaints over the decision not to charge Jay Bothroyd regarding his tackle on Becchio on Monday night. For the record the FA and even Sky have put them under immense pressure to charge him. If the club had been under review by the English FA then it is almost certain that Jay would have received a 3 match ban by their interpretation of the rules. Is this a reason that we as a club stay under the umbrella of the FAW ?

The FAW were bombarded with complaints from our little welsh cousins down west, a fellow Welsh club but unfortunately that is the way that many of them and their attitudes are.

On the subject of the Jacks, as it is a sell out I want to remind everyone that if you know a Premier club member then that member is able to purchase a ticket in the Premier seats for you, so you don't have to miss this game and it could very well be another one of those that in years to come you can say " I Was There ".

It is looking very likely that we wil see 2 home sell outs for tomorrow and the derby match so lets get behind the team and be more vocal and show the Malaysians how passionate we City fans can be.

Re: Sticky : FRIDAY 29th OCTOBER 2010 UPDATE

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Lets hope Danny comes on to get some minutes under his belt. Good news about the Langston debt it seems that is going to be cleared up soon. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sticky : FRIDAY 29th OCTOBER 2010 UPDATE

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Great news Carl, I look forward to Danny coming back into the side as i thought him and Seyi were immense together and partnership could only get better.Problem is you then have whitts and burke fighting it out for the one other starting spot.
Good for Jones though to have healthy competition. :ayatollah:
I hope the langston mess can be sorted out next month too and finally come to some agreement.

Thanks Carl,

Lee

Re: Sticky : " FRIDAY 29th OCTOBER 2010 UPDATE "

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Great Update Carl, Just wish We had a Reserve team for Danny :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:09 pm

Great update Carl thank you do you know if Vincent tan will be at the match tomorrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Great update, thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:16 pm

Thats good news that, I think Drinkwater has been an excellent addition this season :ayatollah: Happy dayz

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:18 pm

good update:
sky can fook right off they got no right to complain they are just the media at end of the day,I can see where the FA are coming from and the jacks( they would try anything to weaken are squad slightly to benefit themselves)

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:21 pm

The referee saw the challenge so the FAW can not charge Jay. Even if it was the EFA. They cannot bend the rules even to have another go at CCFC. Week in week out we have to put up with the Racism from the media Sky and the EFA who i tell you now do not want us in there Prem league. The Jacks yeah i can understand to a degree they are shitting themselves at the thought of our team, But would our Club be so vocal on getting one of there players banned ? NO we wouldn't lower ourselves. I gather the other Welsh team is Newport !! Well let them stick to the non league.
As for the English FA and SKy f**k em we are coming to your Premier league weather you like it or not.
As like the song yma O Hyd Despite everything We're still here !! If you dont like it i dont care because you cant stop us.

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDS

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Carl you have a pm mate.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Carl - any chance of digging around what is happening with Jays contract for next week. DJ said the other night that no one player is bigger than the club which makes me think the club are not going to do anything imminently. This fella is absolutely pivotal to us and him leaving in Jan could come back to haunt us like Toshack leaving 40 years ago. I hope Jay keeps a cool head tomorrow as he is gonna be in the spotlight more than ever. If he plays against the Gypos we'll get 3 points simple as. Also what's happening with Burkey - does he still need to sign too. Ta :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:39 pm

A great insight there, on a few subjects. Thanks Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Top stuff Carl

Wigs :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: FAW and Bothroyd tackle ...

Regardless what the Jacks, Leeds, Sky or the FA want the only salient point was that the ref said that he saw the incident. At that moment FAW were impotent to do anything. Though clearly a bad challenge the orchestrated media campaign was even worse. By far the worst challenge in a City game this season was the disgraceful studs up challenge in the Doncaster game on Chopra that should have resulted in a penalty and a red card. This received no concerted media coverage for retribution and neither did City employ all and sundry in their quest for justice. Chopra was out of action for 2 months whilst Becchio, to his credit, got up, played on and finished the game.

StT

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Re: FAW and Bothroyd tackle ...

Regardless what the Jacks, Leeds, Sky or the FA want the only salient point was that the ref said that he saw the incident. At that moment FAW were impotent to do anything. Though clearly a bad challenge the orchestrated media campaign was even worse. By far the worst challenge in a City game this season was the disgraceful studs up challenge in the Doncaster game on Chopra that should have resulted in a penalty and a red card. This received no concerted media coverage for retribution and neither did City employ all and sundry in their quest for justice. Chopra was out of action for 2 months whilst Becchio, to his credit, got up, played on and finished the game.

StT

Good post M8

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:05 pm

carlccfc wrote:Danny Drinkwater is likely to be on the bench for tomorrows game after the few days training he has had, he has shown no ill effects to the thigh injury he has suffered with and City are confident that Danny can make an impact from the bench if needed.

Craig Bellamy has been true to form since joining City and I hear that the six games he has played at half time the players have had the hairdryer treatment and it has become more vocal and the language more colourful each time, this man is a born leader and he is demanding nothing but 100% from each player for every minute they are out on the pitch wearing the blue of Cardiff City.

During the recent meetings between Langston and the Malaysians I know that there were proposals of settling the debt by other means than the club paying Langston the £10 million themselves, there were offers made by the club which Sam Hammam turned down but proposals were put to the Malaysians as to how the debt could be settled in other ways also. Talks are set to continue at the end of November. The talks have been amicable and both sides are confident they can reach an agreement.

I said recently that Vincent Tan will eventually become Chairman of this club and I again had it confirmed to me that this is the long term plan and strategy and also that TG is not being tossed aside but he is happy to step aside when VT wishes. Also with regards to U-Jiun Tan again I was told that there is plans for him to take a prominent position in the club and that the role will be Chief Executive.

The 3 board members who will join the board of directors are all part of Vincent Tan's own company the Berjaya group and that none of these new directors will bring extra funding or big investment with them if anyone thought otherwise.

Club officials recently spent time in Los Angeles understanding how the football teams out there marketed their product and how they got their fans to enjoy the matchday experience more. The club feel that they learned a lot from this trip and will look to implement some of the strategies at CCS.The officials City sent out were guests of Mike Young creator of Superted, popular childrens programme in the eighties. Mike is a Cardiff born gent now living in the states and a massive City fan. The biggest thing they noticed was that food was one of their biggest sales and City hope they can take advantage of what they learned. This was also an exercise to try and sell Cardiff City to the americans.

Will there be money made available for DJ in January, I see that the local paper has now changed it's back page story and are now reporting the same as I said a couple of weeks ago, there will be money for DJ and he has already highlighted the players he wants to bring in. It goes without saying that when the players names become apparent there is only one place to hear it first and that is here at http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Whilst I am happy that we are building a first team capable of taking this division by storm, there are still concerns over the academy and certainly the lack of funding it is receiving. It has been neglected for the past 3 years under Ridsdale but unfortunatley it still is being. Staff are still not receivng their expenses and also there are still bills outstanding I believe. Hopefully this will be sorted soon and rectified as we have seen the huge benefits to the club of the quality that has come through the academy and we obviously want it to continue.

The FAW have received an unprecedented amount of complaints over the decision not to charge Jay Bothroyd regarding his tackle on Becchio on Monday night. For the record the FA and even Sky have put them under immense pressure to charge him. If the club had been under review by the English FA then it is almost certain that Jay would have received a 3 match ban by their interpretation of the rules. Is this a reason that we as a club stay under the umbrella of the FAW ?

The FAW were bombarded with complaints from our little welsh cousins down west, a fellow Welsh club but unfortunately that is the way that many of them and their attitudes are.

On the subject of the Jacks, as it is a sell out I want to remind everyone that if you know a Premier club member then that member is able to purchase a ticket in the Premier seats for you, so you don't have to miss this game and it could very well be another one of those that in years to come you can say " I Was There ".

It is looking very likely that we wil see 2 home sell outs for tomorrow and the derby match so lets get behind the team and be more vocal and show the Malaysians how passionate we City fans can be.

Great update mate, brilliant news about Drinkwater, about time...
Think of the quality of players not in the first team, Marshall, Matthews, Blake, Drinkwater, McPhail, Koumas, Keogh, we are building a top quality squad !!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:............none of these new directors will bring extra funding or big investment with them if anyone thought otherwise..........

Well that's my conspiracy theory put to rest. Thanks for the direct answer to my question. :ayatollah:

Anyone know what it costs for a juvenile ticket in the Premier seating for one game?

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Another excellent update again carl thanks for the info :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Thanks Carl

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:40 pm

cheers carl, :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:01 pm

nice one carl :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks Carl. On the JB incident, I think this is typical of the mass media hype that we have experienced before, remember the Darren Purse tackle on Andy Cole, before the FA cup final? As for those wankers down the road, they are just a bunch of conts anyway, would we expect any more from pigs, other than grunts?

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:54 am

carlccfc wrote:Club officials recently spent time in Los Angeles understanding how the football teams out there marketed their product and how they got their fans to enjoy the matchday experience more. The club feel that they learned a lot from this trip and will look to implement some of the strategies at CCS.The officials City sent out were guests of Mike Young creator of Superted, popular childrens programme in the eighties. Mike is a Cardiff born gent now living in the states and a massive City fan. The biggest thing they noticed was that food was one of their biggest sales and City hope they can take advantage of what they learned. This was also an exercise to try and sell Cardiff City to the americans.

Briefly reading between the lines here, this is ridiculous. Compare your average American family to that of a Welsh one.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:34 am

Cheers carl, what i don,t understand is the part you say that under the fa jay would have had a 3 match ban, the ruling states that if the referee saw the incident (which he clearly did and waved play on) then no action can be taken, action can only be taken when the referee admits he did not see the incident, maybe we should send the rule book down to the peg boys!!!!!!

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:58 am

Cheers Carl for another interesting update.

Personally I couldn't give a toss what anyone else thinks re the JB tackle as it has now been dealt with so end of. Dissapointing to hear that the initial talks with Sam haven't seen a satisfactory conclussion, me thinks if it were PMG and this was the case this board would've gone into overdrive. Let's hope Sam eventually comes to his senses and puts the Club and not his own needs first.

Very dissapointed to hear that some Accadamy staff are not being paid and that this side of our Club would appear to be continued to be neglected. The quicker this situation is addressed the better if we are to continue our conveyerbelt of talent. As someone who has thoroughly enjoyed watching Wales in their 2 opening Victory Shield performances at under 15 level our Club are certainly doing something right as the number of players we have representing Wales is staggering.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:46 am

In regards to Jay Bothroyd not being punished by the Welsh FA retrospectively it wont be long before Sky, along with the rest of the Murdoch empire will be running football in this country, whoever pays the piper plays the tune.

The decision of the Welsh FA not to punish Jay, will put them under even more pressure/scrutiny next time we have an incident with a player/manager or fans in the future, I think we need to join the English FA A.S.A.P that if we can join, at least we have to battle on one front, instead of battling on two fronts one front would be of the bias of being Welsh and being looked after by the Welsh Fa the other of the incident itself.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:53 am

"If the club had been under review by the English FA then it is almost certain that Jay would have received a 3 match ban by their interpretation of the rules"

No, not true.

Ref confirmed he had seen the tackle, hence no retrospective action could have been taken, so there's zero chance the FA could have acted.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:57 pm

carlccfc wrote: Sky have put them under immense pressure to charge him.

How the f**k is this allowed to happen?

I honestly believe that those words show us precisely what is wrong to the core with football these days.

f*cking fuming at that. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

f**k them all - WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:24 pm

Alex wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Club officials recently spent time in Los Angeles understanding how the football teams out there marketed their product and how they got their fans to enjoy the matchday experience more. The club feel that they learned a lot from this trip and will look to implement some of the strategies at CCS.The officials City sent out were guests of Mike Young creator of Superted, popular childrens programme in the eighties. Mike is a Cardiff born gent now living in the states and a massive City fan. The biggest thing they noticed was that food was one of their biggest sales and City hope they can take advantage of what they learned. This was also an exercise to try and sell Cardiff City to the americans.

Briefly reading between the lines here, this is ridiculous. Compare your average American family to that of a Welsh one.

I was also thinking that Alex, Americans go anywhere for food including sports events, God save us from going the same way, football should be about football, not the food! :old:

Re: " FRIDAY 29th OCTOBER 2010 UPDATE "

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:01 pm

CHEERS Carl Look forward to Tomorrow Nights Update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: