Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

January Signings - Who would you like brought in ??

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:59 am

Jones has said he wants signings in january and will be discussing with the board .

We know that loan signings are not going to happen as we have nearly reached our limit .

Who can we buy ? who would you like ? Which part of the team do we need to address ?

Defence is obvious - would love to see Collins back , dont think Loovens was the player he useed to be although Gabbs would love to have him back but too injury prone !

Goal keeping position good , strkers I would touch , midfielders ? diffcult to see who we can bring in to oust current players .

So who , where and how much do you think Jones wil have for transfers as its this season or broke as far as i am concerned !!

Flying over for jack match , counting the minutes _ Bluebirds !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: January Signings - Who would you like brought in ??

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:01 am

2 defenders
1 midfield
1 centre forward

simples ........................ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:02 am

Which players would you like though >?

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:04 am

One centreback
Cover for Naylor as he is sruggling a lot at times
Cover for Burke
Cover for Jay

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:04 am

Agree - any names though ? Realistic

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:05 am

NIBluebird wrote:Which players would you like though >?

I don't mind who comes in to be honest... Whoever will come and do the job for us :ayatollah:

The players I would 'like' to come in, are never going to happen :lol:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:08 am

depends if loans , freebies or actual transfers dont it ? A Roger Johnson type centre back is a must ......... a quality full back to play on the left also , another centre midfielder I reckon plus a big hold the ball up striker who can get you 10 goals per season ! Thommo maybe ?? :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:26 am

Jay DeMerit wouldve been perfeck (reference), but now he probably signing w leeds...Davenport seems like an obvious choice :ayatollah: :D

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:29 am

If we have the money and we are looking at realistic targets i think the minimum we need is a Centre Half and cover for Jay so possible targets:

CH. Wheater, Anton Ferdinad Both coming to the end of their contracts

STK. Jason Roberts, also boy with West Brom big lump and pwerful not sure of his name and not sure if he's in their 1st team squad at the moment :D Also Dobie from the Jacks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:30 am

Collins is probably out of our price range unless we get into the Premiership, then maybe who knows? However, what about Richard Dunne? I think that maybe he would be a more realistic option. He's a very good centre back, could possibly cost £2 million, which isn't excessive if we have Premiership ambitions and he could be a good partner for a fit Chris Riggott

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:31 am

if there is money available I would try and sign Oli on a permanent deal,then try and get someone like Curtis Davies on loan till end of season.and try and sign Jon parkin from Preston,he's a real handful and different to what we got up front.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:31 am

blueheaven wrote:CH. Wheater, Anton Ferdinad Both coming to the end of their contracts

I really don't rate Anton Ferdinand. Thinks too much of himself and has looked very dodgy at times this season

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:40 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
blueheaven wrote:CH. Wheater, Anton Ferdinad Both coming to the end of their contracts

I really don't rate Anton Ferdinand. Thinks too much of himself and has looked very dodgy at times this season

Better than Gypres though :?:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 am

blueheaven wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

That's hardly a ringing endorsement though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:54 am

Dont laugh, how about Joey Barton, he,d give a 100%, I know his many off-field problems, but on the pitch you cant fault him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:13 am

Jay DeMerit would be immense at the back, but don't think we'd sign him (Hasn't he signed/signing for someone?).

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:13 am

blueheaven wrote:If we have the money and we are looking at realistic targets i think the minimum we need is a Centre Half and cover for Jay so possible targets:

STK. Jason Roberts, also boy with West Brom big lump and pwerful not sure of his name and not sure if he's in their 1st team squad at the moment :D Also Dobie from the Jacks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ishmael Miller ?

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:18 am

George Boyd from Peterborugh looks a handfull - good cover for Burkey

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 am

2 central defenders, Whetear and Anton Ferdinand, a left back Jonas Olsson (who can also play centreback - so we could get away with Wheatear and Olsson) and striker back up for Bothroyd maybe Roman Bednar. All these players are out of contract next summer and we could get any or all of them on the cheap ;)

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:26 am

we should of signed pires experience alone would help. aslo back up for bothroyd someone like howard i no hes old but his strength and his ability in the air is scary. 2 defenders are needed wheater from middlesbrough would be fantastic and get a youngster on loan, we should signed hobbs. slyvinho is a free or has he signed for anyone?

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:57 am

Fisrt thing is I think to sort out our defenders, I will be totaly honest and say we dont have prem quality defenders at this time. I think by Jan we will have a very good idea if we are going up as one of the top 2.
Lee Naylor is not going to be of prem quality sorry to say. and our other defenders are just not up to the kind of player they will come up against in the prem. So when we buy or, if we buy in jan, we must try to buy prem quality players. Its always hard to bring in quality prem players when your a new team in the prem,but we do have one thing that is going for us! If we can keep Bellamy he will be a draw for other top players to follow, Seyi we must keep if we can but even as good as he is,he will have to build up his speed a little more. Im sure that By Jan Dave Jones will have this thought in mined and already have players on a wish list. Its all down to, will the real quality player that we need be willing to come to a new prem team,thats never been in the prem before ? If hammers come down I would try to get Scott parker for sure, and james from Bristol we need a top class keeper, they can win games for you. Im sure Bellamy as captain of City would also put his views to jones on who he would like as team member.Lets just get our place at the top where we are now and then see in Jan.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:35 am

blueheaven wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25216 :) :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

we dont need much more in attack, cover for Jay? Maybe... But only if a good enough player is available, who I'm not sure.

Central defence needs strengthening, keep the goals out a bit as we are going to score more than anyone in the division and on our day can are more than a match for any team in the division.

Either way, we are going up :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:34 pm

GarethGardner wrote:
blueheaven wrote:If we have the money and we are looking at realistic targets i think the minimum we need is a Centre Half and cover for Jay so possible targets:

Ishmael Miller ?

Thats the one i think he would be good back up for Jay :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Toress said he wanted a move to a bigger club? :roll:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:43 pm

I would like to see Dave Nugent of Portsmouth (striker) Richie Wellons of Leicster (midfeilder) sign for City. Chris Eagles of Burnley (midfeilder) and id like to see Roger Johnson back at City. As far as centre backs are concerned i think Darcy Blake would fit in perfect i just dont now why he doesnt play regular at the back !!! i cant think of any centre backs on the top of my head tho !!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Definatly need a commander at the back. Someone to keep things organised, give a bollocking when a mistake is made, but also praise the good things. Someone to inspire and also look after the younger element at the club. I would say Wheater, he's a big hefty lad who always gives his all and is a step up from Hudson and Gyepes.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:17 pm

Santa Cruz from Man City could be going to Aston Villa because Jon Carew has fallen out with Houlier. Rumours are Carew will be sent out on loan in January. It is unlikely any premier club will touch him because he is injury prone but it is possible he would drop down a level especially to a team that could be going to the premier.

Ideal backup for Jay.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:26 pm

I forgot to mention and i dont now if he still havnt got a club but Robert Pires was training with Arsenal (Arsenal dont want him apparently) and Crawley Town :lol: came in for him it was on sky sports news a cheeky bid for pires would be awesome :lol: :ayatollah: i havnt heard any updates on this matter but hey that would be awesome :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:30 pm

I would like to see a few players moved on as well myself.
I would be happy with one quality CB myself.