Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Quietest Crowd of the Season??

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Was it me....and I know we went 2-0 down but was today's crowd the quietest we've seen to date at the new stadium??

Seemed it to me....until quite late in. Are we (the fans) suffering under the weight of expectation or are there other underlying factors????

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Re: Quietest Crowd of the Season??

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Was it me....and I know we went 2-0 down but was today's crowd the quietest we've seen to date at the new stadium??

Seemed it to me....until quite late in. Are we (the fans) suffering under the weight of expectation or are there other underlying factors????

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24226 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:54 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Was it me....and I know we went 2-0 down but was today's crowd the quietest we've seen to date at the new stadium??

Re: " WE ONLY SING WHEN WE SCORE "
by A Quiet Monkfish » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
IN THE CCS

EVEN BRISTOL CITY FANS LAUGHED AT US and JOKED AND SANG HOW BAD WE WERE

But I have to admit a much improved Atmosphere from the Millwall game, BUT SURELY AGAINST MILLWALL and BRISTOL C, Big Games, it should be an AMAZING ATMOSPHERE WITH 23,000 CROWDS ?

ALSO CITY SCORED 3 GOALS From 2 NIL DOWN, SO WE CANT PLAY THE PLAYERS TODAY AS THEY HAD FIGHT IN THEM.

Re: " WE ONLY SING WHEN WE SCORE "
by A Quiet Monkfish » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:39 pm

What absolute rubbish. The crowd were very good today. Excellent in fact, and whilst I wasn't next to the away support, I doubt very much that the Bristol 'fans' did as you say. I actually only noticed they were there on 2 occassions.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:48 pm

I really cant agree. Lets be honest if your two nil down after 8m it dont matter if your at Ninian, CCS or Wembley its going to be quiet but in fairness today I thought the Canton got right behind the team when two nil down and generally the atmosphere was a good one.

Annis may have a point with the score when your winning but that creeped in the last 2 years at ninian as well but when we got 3-2 up it was as loud as ive heard from a game for a while. stick to the positives :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:30 am

2blue2handle wrote:

I really cant agree. Lets be honest if your two nil down after 8m it dont matter if your at Ninian, CCS or Wembley its going to be quiet but in fairness today I thought the Canton got right behind the team when two nil down and generally the atmosphere was a good one.

Annis may have a point with the score when your winning but that creeped in the last 2 years at ninian as well but when we got 3-2 up it was as loud as ive heard from a game for a while. stick to the positives :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
agree 2b2h i think that the ninian(library)stand are jealous of us cantonites, we do create an atmosphere over there, but bwe cannot hear the away fans they are too far away

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:59 am

ffs boys if you want to stand and sing come in the canton :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:02 am

murphy wrote:ffs boys if you want to stand and sing come in the canton :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: its the only place to be :ayatollah: :old:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:24 am

The atmos was better than normaly down there, as Baz said Canton is the place to be.

Shame we have fans that are happy not to sing at all in the CCS.

Its getting better down there, one day i hope we can get a bit of the Ninian Park atmos down the CCS.

Bluebirds. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24226 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes, sorry mate. Only noticed it after I'd written. Apologies.... :)

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:14 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

agree 2b2h i think that the ninian(library)stand are jealous of us cantonites, we do create an atmosphere over there, but bwe cannot hear the away fans they are too far away

Hmmm, I thought the question was fair enough....particularly the 'are we suffering from a little 'expectation syndrome' but I take your points on board.

Not too sure there's any need for the 'us and you' attitude between the Ninian and Canton Stands. That's divisive....

You are right that the Brrrsol fans weren't overly loud even at 2-0 up but hey most certainly DID give City fans some stick for their apparent silence early on....and, to be fair, it's often hard to hear you guys down at the far end.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: "United we stand....as City we'll WIN!!" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:07 pm

I cant agree either thought the atmosphere was ok yesterday. at 2-0 down after 8 minutes then the home support will be stunned I can remember playing Rotherham and it was just the same 2-0 down shocking defenders and the ninian faithful were stunned.

Plus we have a lot of new supporters too thankfully or there would be only 16000 in the new ground they will get into it.

I would love to know what the players think of the atmosphere of the new ground and the old ground out of interest like what Mcphail Jay Chops and others think as there is a lot of debate on this

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:40 pm

the away stand should be moved to rows 109-111! between the ninian and canton stands! im sure there would me a much better atmosphere all game then! ccfc loud and proud! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: