Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fairplay Cardiff City....

Thu May 09, 2024 7:18 am

Our club is absolutely unbelievable, the way it treats it's support, lucky it has any fanbase at all.

At least clubs like Hull communicate with everyone, so there is a clear pathway ahead. Whether your in the
Bulut in or out camp the whole thing is a complete farce, we are laughing stock of the football league.

There are plenty of decent managers out of work, choose VERY carefully Mr Tan,and give them every chance to succeed.
Perhaps there'll be a new team on the bench next season Dalman,Tan & coach Choo!?

:bluescarf: :old:

Re: Fairplay Cardiff City....

Thu May 09, 2024 7:49 am

Wiggy wrote:Our club is absolutely unbelievable, the way it treats it's support, lucky it has any fanbase at all.

At least clubs like Hull communicate with everyone, so there is a clear pathway ahead. Whether your in the
Bulut in or out camp the whole thing is a complete farce, we are laughing stock of the football league.

There are plenty of decent managers out of work, choose VERY carefully Mr Tan,and give them every chance to succeed.
Perhaps there'll be a new team on the bench next season Dalman,Tan & coach Choo!?

Wiggy My Good Friend,

It’s not Our Club Cardiff City who we love and follow.

It’s the Caretakers / Dictators / Hierarchy who are the ones who have NO love or care for Our Club or Fans.

They are totally to blame.

15 years of lies and bullshit.

Thu May 09, 2024 8:14 am

Wiggy,

The board are taking the p1ss out of the fans and have been for years.

Countless promises which have not been seen.

He is a business person from a country which has a much different culture to here, not a football man, and this is one of the issues.

Does he understand what the club means to the fans? I don't think he does and I don't believe a word that any of them say.

The quicker he sells up the better.

Thu May 09, 2024 9:13 am

No - Tan does not in any way understand the cultural background of football in its birthplace, the UK. He does not get the passion, loyalty and commitment of the fans -it's alien to him.

The most dreadful example of this total disengagement and lack of knowledge was changing the badge and shirt colour.

Thu May 09, 2024 9:13 am

Whilst you are totally entitled to your opinion, I think you need to bare in mind there are some things that have to be conducted between the actual people involved. If you want a laughing stock of a Club then look at the Birmingham, Reading Shef Wed, Shef Utd, Blackburn, Derby, Notts Forest, Everton the list goes on.

Whilst there have been some bad decisions in the past, City are making progress in a number of directions, and they are talking to us Fans groups as part of the process of engagement. Maybe you should join one of the supporters groups if you feel so strongly about things. :bluebird:

Thu May 09, 2024 9:19 am

Wiggy wrote:Our club is absolutely unbelievable, the way it treats it's support, lucky it has any fanbase at all.

It's a joke, whats the point of dragging the decision on, what has Hull said, I haven't seen.

Thu May 09, 2024 9:23 am

I think they will go for Cooper, sounds like a good fit for what they want to do?

Thu May 09, 2024 9:23 am

Whistler wrote:Whilst you are totally entitled to your opinion, I think you need to bare in mind there are some things that have to be conducted between the actual people involved. If you want a laughing stock of a Club then look at the Birmingham, Reading Shef Wed, Shef Utd, Blackburn, Derby, Notts Forest, Everton the list goes on.

Whilst there have been some bad decisions in the past, City are making progress in a number of directions, and they are talking to us Fans groups as part of the process of engagement. Maybe you should join one of the supporters groups if you feel so strongly about things. :bluebird:

That’s a pretty fair post. Not sure what hull have done other than sack their manager.

Thu May 09, 2024 9:52 am

Whistler wrote:Whilst you are totally entitled to your opinion, I think you need to bare in mind there are some things that have to be conducted between the actual people involved. If you want a laughing stock of a Club then look at the Birmingham, Reading Shef Wed, Shef Utd, Blackburn, Derby, Notts Forest, Everton the list goes on.

It’s a very fair and valid point you make. Certainly add a few other clubs to that list. The Evertonians I know, have not got a clue what’s going on with their club. Moshiri is another who is silent, yet a messy takeover and more threat of FFP is looming. But none of those clubs were having goalkeepers being told to shoot, having the owner interfere with tactics, forced to change colours and have a foreign symbol put onto their badge.

We aren’t alone in having an ignorant selfish stubborn and foreign owner out of touch with the city and country the club he owns is from, but there are other factors, and being immature in not selling to Sam and of course the forced rebrand which so many fans have never returned since. And the day that happened I have wanted this man and his regime far away from our great club. And take all those giant ‘Visit’ signs in our stadiums with you. Managers and their agents know how you treat your managers and fans, you have given us a reputation we don’t deserve, I wouldn’t work for you.

Thu May 09, 2024 9:53 am

Completely agree with you Wiggy.

Thu May 09, 2024 12:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Wiggy My Good Friend,

It’s not Our Club Cardiff City who we love and follow.

It’s the Caretakers / Dictators / Hierarchy who are the ones who have NO love or care for Our Club or Fans.

They are totally to blame.

15 years of lies and bullshit.

Agree Annis ..enough is enough :old: :bluebird:

Thu May 09, 2024 6:03 pm

Yes but we've all known this for fckin years.to toss our history into the bin and then give us that red shite and go into the premier League with it destroyed what me and thousands of hard core home and away fans had waited nearly a life to experience.it should tell you this regime is capable of anything except respectively communicating with our long suffering fan base

Thu May 09, 2024 7:56 pm

Sorry I can't find what the Hull owners said that is so enlightening
He is a younger and a media "mogul" so perhaps that a bit more savvy
Anyway wouldn't worry about Erol going to Hull City

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... gyx2ne089o

Liam Rosenior was sacked by Hull City's owner over a difference of opinion on the team's style of football.

Acun Ilicali told BBC Humberside in an interview on BBC Sounds that he feels the 39-year-old will be a successful coach despite terminating his stay at the MKM Stadium on Tuesday.

Hull finished the Championship season three points outside the play-offs and many fans were shocked by the decision to part company with Rosenior.

Ilicali, a Turkish media mogul, said that he made it plain from his first day in charge that he wanted attacking football and felt Rosenior had not offered that.

"It was a difference in opinions," he said. "Liam is a very good coach and will be very successful. He is young and is a very good character who makes the team love him.

"There are so many positive things, but at the end of the day me and my team are dreaming of something for this club and there is a football style we want to see on the pitch.

"I can't say what the biggest difference is. Liam's football philosophy is very good and may be successful but we didn't see it suiting our character for the future."

Rosenior was appointed in November 2022, with Hull one place above the Championship relegation zone, and guided them to safety with just five defeats in their final 24 games of the season.

'Attacking, entertaining'
He followed that by keeping the Tigers in the hunt for a top-six finish until the final day of the 2023-24 season, when defeat at Plymouth Argyle ended any chance of them making the play-offs.

Asked to expand on how his ideas differed from those of Rosenior, Ilicali said: "I want offensive football. I want an attacking, entertaining team. I said it from the first minute I bought this club.

"I said I would rather lose 3-2 than have a boring 0-0. If you are counting the points and draw every game 0-0 you are going to get relegated. If you lose 3-2, it means you will win another game 4-1.

"My football brain is completely full of a successful and entertaining football style. Liam has a great philosophy but there are different styles of football in the world - Liam's direction can be successful but we want to see different things.

"It is not good for me to go to a coach and ask him to play a different way when he has a certain style of football."