Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hull want to appoint a replacement for Liam Rosenior in the

Wed May 08, 2024 11:12 am

Hull want to appoint a replacement for Liam Rosenior in the next few days.

Danny Rohl, Marti Cifuentes, Erol Bulut, Steve Cooper and Tim Walter are all of interest.

Re: Hull want to appoint a replacement for Liam Rosenior in

Wed May 08, 2024 12:36 pm

I assume Bulut's one year deal expires at the end of June like the player contracts?

So at the moment he'll still be under contract to us even though the season has ended (for us in any event).

Wed May 08, 2024 2:47 pm

I'd like Danny Rohl at Cardiff, he's done a great job at Sheffield Wednesday.

Thu May 09, 2024 10:35 pm

Walter, at this stage, is the frontrunner and is understood to be keen on taking over at the MKM Stadium to launch his career in English football. The 48-year-old has vast experience managing in Germany with two of their biggest clubs in Stuttgart and Hamburg but has been eyeing a move to England for some time. In fact, Walter was at the City Ground last month to watch Nottingham Forest's 2-0 defeat to Manchester City in a bid to foster relationships in England.

Mon May 13, 2024 10:18 pm

Championship club Hull City are hopeful of appointing Tim Walter as their new manager after positive discussions over the weekend to bring in the former Hamburg boss.

Walter is expected to replace Liam Rosenior who left City last Tuesday after 18 months in the job, and the Tigers continue to hold discussions with the 48-year-old German.

A big appointment for owner Acun Ilicali, the topic of Walter's style of play was another key discussion point as was his potential impact on the Championship, and how the fans were feeling a week on from the news of Rosenior's exit following the end of the campaign.

Tue May 14, 2024 8:41 am

MikeO76 wrote:I'd like Danny Rohl at Cardiff, he's done a great job at Sheffield Wednesday.

Hmmmm does a good job for six months and all of a sudden he's a new messiah.

Tue May 14, 2024 10:34 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:I'd like Danny Rohl at Cardiff, he's done a great job at Sheffield Wednesday.

Hmmmm does a good job for six months and all of a sudden he's a new messiah.

You can't win on this forum. If you want Bulut to go everyone asks who you want to replace him. I've come up with a name and that gets the p155 taken out of it too :banghead:

Tue May 14, 2024 12:09 pm

Another site saying hull offering a six year deal, hope that works for them or its expensive to change

Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Another site saying hull offering a six year deal, hope that works for them or its expensive to change

Southgate was given 7yr deal at ncastle many years ago ! Therw OK if can get in relegation clause and do it like players contract x amount over 6yrs rather than it over 2/3yrs ... plus it helps ffp but football clamping down on long contracts over ffp avoidance.