Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Vincent Tan / Erol Bulut / The Offer “

Wed May 08, 2024 3:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Apparently:

Erol Bulut and Vincent Tan are more than far apart on negotiations.

Bulut wants 2 years with an option to extend by another year if promoted.

Vincent Tan is offering 1 year and a very basic budget.

Bulut wants security and to build.

Tan you can see has been down this road before and even though I am not a Tan fan, Bulut has not earned the right to more than 1 year.

In fact Bulut finished the season worse than dreadful.

But Cardiff City need Stability and to know where they are going.

15 years later Not knowing where the club is going or what future it has???

Why has it once again taken so long and Tan was ignorant like this to Lamouchi.

WHAT BULLSHIT WILL THE HIERARCHY SAY / WE ARE PLANNING OUR NEXT 5 YEARS lol

If we finished in the top 6 this year he wpuld of got his 2 years extesion automatically, we didn't, I don't think as you said bulut deserves two years . We weren't exactly good and I think most mangers with our squad would of finished mid table .

If he’d have finished in the top six he’d be a football genius, this squad is nowhere near top six.

You really think most managers would have got top half with this team when all the neutrals pre season were predicting bottom six?

You genuinely believe Tan would have given him two years and decent funds for new players if we’d finished higher?

Bulut is far from perfect, but what you’ve said there is complete rubbish.

Wed May 08, 2024 4:00 pm

Exactly.

Wed May 08, 2024 4:01 pm

It’s accepted that lots of posters on here want Bulut to stay and believe he should be given a minimum of a 2 year contract. Polls however are split 50/50 about him being offered a contract at all. The football has been awful this season and it’s quite possible that Tan had no intention of giving him a new contract but has been persuaded by Dalman to offer him one. He has backed down and given him one even after the last 2 abysmal performances. I understand the anti-Tan feeling on here but sorry to attack him for not offering two years just because we need stability irrespective of any evidence he’s the right man for the job is not on. Hopefully Bulut will spend the next couple of days negotiating a contract with another club and we can all move on .

Wed May 08, 2024 4:06 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Apparently:

Erol Bulut and Vincent Tan are more than far apart on negotiations.

Bulut wants 2 years with an option to extend by another year if promoted.

Vincent Tan is offering 1 year and a very basic budget.

Bulut wants security and to build.

Tan you can see has been down this road before and even though I am not a Tan fan, Bulut has not earned the right to more than 1 year.

In fact Bulut finished the season worse than dreadful.

But Cardiff City need Stability and to know where they are going.

15 years later Not knowing where the club is going or what future it has???

Why has it once again taken so long and Tan was ignorant like this to Lamouchi.

WHAT BULLSHIT WILL THE HIERARCHY SAY / WE ARE PLANNING OUR NEXT 5 YEARS lol

If we finished in the top 6 this year he wpuld of got his 2 years extesion automatically, we didn't, I don't think as you said bulut deserves two years . We weren't exactly good and I think most mangers with our squad would of finished mid table .

If he’d have finished in the top six he’d be a football genius, this squad is nowhere near top six.

You really think most managers would have got top half with this team when all the neutrals pre season were predicting bottom six?

You genuinely believe Tan would have given him two years and decent funds for new players if we’d finished higher?

Bulut is far from perfect, but what you’ve said there is complete rubbish.

The option was there for a 2 year contract extension

Wed May 08, 2024 4:07 pm

bluelover wrote:It’s accepted that lots of posters on here want Bulut to stay and believe he should be given a minimum of a 2 year contract. Polls however are split 50/50 about him being offered a contract at all. The football has been awful this season and it’s quite possible that Tan had no intention of giving him a new contract but has been persuaded by Dalman to offer him one. He has backed down and given him one even after the last 2 abysmal performances. I understand the anti-Tan feeling on here but sorry to attack him for not offering two years just because we need stability irrespective of any evidence he’s the right man for the job is not on. Hopefully Bulut will spend the next couple of days negotiating a contract with another club and we can all move on .

Well said , bulut is a mediocre manager , surely the fans want better ? .

Wed May 08, 2024 4:12 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 08, 2024 4:13 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 08, 2024 4:14 pm

I personally would like to see better than Erol Bulut come in, but I have NO Faith anymore in the Hierarchy bringing in any better.

Wed May 08, 2024 4:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I personally would like to see better than Erol Bulut come in, but I have NO Faith anymore in the Hierarchy bringing in any better.

Quite possibly but I honestly am not sure Bulut is any better than the previous appointments. The football is definitely the worst I’ve seen in many a year. I’ve renewed my season ticket but praying I won’t be watching that crap anymore.

Wed May 08, 2024 4:38 pm

Reply:

Wed May 08, 2024 4:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I personally would like to see better than Erol Bulut come in, but I have NO Faith anymore in the Hierarchy bringing in any better.

They've got it right a couple of times in the last 11 years malky, Slade, warnock , I pit Slade in there coz tbf to him he had the remit of slashing the squad and keeping us competitive, we are one manager away from promotion I'm hope we get rid of bulut and bring in that promotion manager,a real motivator.

Wed May 08, 2024 4:52 pm

bluelover wrote:

Quite possibly but I honestly am not sure Bulut is any better than the previous appointments. The football is definitely the worst I’ve seen in many a year. I’ve renewed my season ticket but praying I won’t be watching that crap anymore.

Agree

Wed May 08, 2024 4:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply:

I wish some would stop saying its not an erol bulut team, it is !!!!!

NG,McGuiness, Collins & O'Dowda were here; Not a bad quartet and he extended Wintle and Ralls FFS !!!! It is his team.

You don't go into a club and demand 16 players........

Wed May 08, 2024 5:08 pm

I was annoyed at alot of games but when i think back at our forwards, how were we ever going to compete, even clubs down the bottom had players scoring 16, 18, 23+ goals. Half our goals are from defenders lol

I think he has to have 2 year deal with an option on the 3rd, most of his transfers have been good. Its on Dhi that wasnt much cop

Wed May 08, 2024 10:42 pm

im for once agree with tan.
Give bulut what he needs in terms of transfer funds etc. But give him 1 year with an extension of 2 years if they get promoted.
it was always going to be a longshot task for bulut to stay with us due to the lack of interest from our board.
And Bulut said it himself that he wants to be part of this family at cardiff but then again who would under tan and the board.
All about compromise if Bulut really want to stay he would have to take the medicine and be another yes man for tan and the board.

Thu May 09, 2024 5:10 am

It’s quite unbelievable that Errol did not get the sack during the season some of the football was hard to watch and the tactics played against teams we should have been well capable of beating and ended up losing due to poor tactics.
Some of the games we won against the run of play and were luckier rather than tactically better were not enjoyable games to watch.
There were some good performances and positive results randomly scattered throughout the season which was probably his saving grace.
My verdict is should Errol stay expect similar next season as one thing we should all have learnt about Errol is that he does not change the tactics.
Should the board feel its time to go forward and try for promotion next season there are better options in our budget.
My choice would be Steve Cooper because he could get the best out of the young players and has a proven track record at this level.
:bluebird:

Thu May 09, 2024 5:19 am

Nikos earlier and he said it’s out of their hands now, all up to Tan deciding whether he wants to finally be adventurous with a manager and hopefully push for something or go with a cheap yes man like previous

Thu May 09, 2024 5:55 am

Just looking on the Forbes rich list , Tan has’nt got the money he once had , he is no longer a Billionaire he down to his last $730 Million bless him !

He should cut his losses & sell up , he clearly does’nt want invest any real money into City anymore

Thu May 09, 2024 5:59 am

Reply:

Thu May 09, 2024 6:01 am

PeterWooly wrote:Just looking on the Forbes rich list , Tan has’nt got the money he once had , he is no longer a Billionaire he down to his last $730 Million bless him !

He should cut his losses & sell up , he clearly does’nt want invest any real money into City anymore

I said this a while back Tans businesses are going down rapidly, his empire has got smaller and smaller.

Thu May 09, 2024 6:32 am

Updated:

Rob Phillips - Bulut has been offered a one year contract as stated on here.

Bulut wants a longer contract, Tan has given Bulut one week to decide.

Bulut is now in Turkey.

Why did Tan not do this weeks ago??

Re: Updated: “ Vincent Tan / Erol Bulut / The Offer “

Thu May 09, 2024 7:42 am

So that's It I guess? No negotiating with Tan is there? 1 year, take it or leave from Vincent 'I know football' Tan.

It's his prerogative of course, but I've never known such dark days. Yes, we've been skint before, yes, we've been in dire financial straits before, but never when we have had an owner that, potentially, can change that in the blink of an eye not by throwing money at things but JUST USING COMMON SENSE!

He has ripped the heart and soul out of our Club, and watches us languish from afar.

Such disrespect shown to our club, our team, our manager, our fans and our City.

Thu May 09, 2024 7:44 am

Replies:

Thu May 09, 2024 7:45 am

Reply:

Thu May 09, 2024 7:45 am

Reply:

Thu May 09, 2024 7:52 am

Reply:

Thu May 09, 2024 7:52 am

Reply:

Thu May 09, 2024 8:00 am

llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply:

I wish some would stop saying its not an erol bulut team, it is !!!!!

NG,McGuiness, Collins & O'Dowda were here; Not a bad quartet and he extended Wintle and Ralls FFS !!!! It is his team.

You don't go into a club and demand 16 players........

It's been his team alright, and his style of football. As a season ticket holder I dread having to watch another season of that awful football. Finished 12th, but how many games out of 46 could you have said 'we were the better team' ? 3 or 4 at most. He's brought in some very, very average players on decent wages. Lucky to have 1yr IMHO...

Thu May 09, 2024 8:34 am

Replies :

Thu May 09, 2024 9:04 am

The worry for me is that I think this means the only contract on offer to whatever manager will be a one year deal which will probably mean it'll be more of a risky punt whoever gets it