Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We have sold 10k+ season tickets sor far

Mon May 06, 2024 12:10 pm

Not bad to sell that many already!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: We have sold 10k+ season tickets sor far

Mon May 06, 2024 12:27 pm

kyle08 wrote:Not bad to sell that many already!

That’s pretty good I reckon. Seems around the same as by the end of season last year from what I remember. :bluescarf:

Mon May 06, 2024 12:52 pm

Not all doom and gloom on that front then; although I think that is well down than at this point last season...

Positive news or some clarity at least from the owner would help sales further when 'general sales' open up this week... :ayatollah:

Mon May 06, 2024 12:58 pm

Pretty good considering loads on here claim they haven’t renewed because of Bulut :lol:

Mon May 06, 2024 3:16 pm

Renewed today. 125 yrs my only motivation. Hoping the club get it right this year, unlike the balloons and cheap fireworks of NPs last day

If it wasn’t for the anniversary I honestly think I would have left it and cherry picked. I have gritted my teeth and put up with Tans nonsense for long enough. Our owner is currently at his most anonymous and ignorant. He does not care for us . He has ripped out our heart and soul. His family don’t want to inherit it and have been saying for years for him to sell, He is getting on a bit now and doesn’t need this. Wonder what the season ticket figures would be if we had a new owner.

Mon May 06, 2024 3:18 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:

Renewed today. 125 yrs my only motivation. Hoping the club get it right this year, unlike the balloons and cheap fireworks of NPs last day

If it wasn’t for the anniversary I honestly think I would have left it and cherry picked. I have gritted my teeth and put up with Tans nonsense for long enough. Our owner is currently at his most anonymous and ignorant. He does not care for us . He has ripped out our heart and soul. His family don’t want to inherit it and have been saying for years for him to sell, He is getting on a bit now and doesn’t need this. Wonder what the season ticket figures would be if we had a new owner.

Go on mate mate, support the team not the owner.

Mon May 06, 2024 3:38 pm

I think that's good , should hit 15k plus by start of the season

Mon May 06, 2024 3:39 pm

I'm one of the renewers. I feel I need to get my head checked as I've spent months spouting off about Bulut's anti-football strategy!

At the moment I'm apprehensive about what's coming but the 125th anniversary did pull me in a little.

Here's hoping.

Mon May 06, 2024 3:41 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

Go on mate mate, support the team not the owner.

Always. Even though it could still be Bulutball next season! :banghead: :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon May 06, 2024 4:27 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:

Fair do's, that's a new one on the list of 'reasons I renewed despite not wanting to' :thumbup:

Fingers crossed it's good season...! :ayatollah:

Mon May 06, 2024 4:34 pm

Sven wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

Fair do's, that's a new one on the list of 'reasons I renewed despite not wanting to' :thumbup:

It’s also habitual , historical, cultural, ritualistic and annual! Plus I love a good sing and shout! And the odd limbs with my son and his mates! Not bad for 55 :bluebird:

Mon May 06, 2024 4:37 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

It’s also habitual , historical, cultural, ritualistic and annual! Plus I love a good sing and shout! And the odd limbs with my son and his mates! Not bad for 55 :bluebird:

Good on you mate.
Apologies as I thought you’d said you weren’t renewing earlier in the thread. :bluescarf:

Mon May 06, 2024 4:38 pm

Its the hope, there is always next season !!!!

If you were going to Jack it in, last season was the one to do it, a bit of real Jeopardy got the pulse going, but 99% of us would have renewed even in L1

Yes it's been on the whole boring, I wanted boring, but our manager has tested me, and we have been through a lot worse.

Probably be around the same figure as this season, which is decent enough

I just hope they sort out the digital app as its crap !!!!!

Mon May 06, 2024 4:47 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Its the hope, there is always next season !!!!

If you were going to Jack it in, last season was the one to do it, a bit of real Jeopardy got the pulse going, but 99% of us would have renewed even in L1

Yes it's been on the whole boring, I wanted boring, but our manager has tested me, and we have been through a lot worse.

Probably be around the same figure as this season, which is decent enough

I just hope they sort out the digital app as its crap !!!!!

Personally speaking, a loss doesn’t hurt as much as it used to.
Love the day out and speaking to the people who sit around us. A bit of a release and for £11 odd a game, I can’t fault it. :old:

Mon May 06, 2024 5:05 pm

Weirdly, defeats get to me more these days but then being a miserable git in my 50s mightn't help. Plus I love a good shout at the match which gets me some looks in the Family Stand as they seem unnaturally chilled in there!

Mon May 06, 2024 5:09 pm

I make a weekend of it as I live in Plymouth so it's not just about the football (which this season has been bloody awful at home bar a few matches)
Drinks with friends,the occasional band and a curry help to usually having a decent weekend.
Shout out to the Libs club,Star of Wales Indian,Canton pub and The Art Centre.

Mon May 06, 2024 5:10 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Weirdly, defeats get to me more these days but then being a miserable git in my 50s mightn't help. Plus I love a good shout at the match which gets me some looks in the Family Stand as they seem unnaturally chilled in there!

I love a good shout too mate, particularly at the refereeing decisions

Mon May 06, 2024 5:45 pm

I can’t give it up. I’m an addict.

I’d rather Buluts tactics to those of Malky Mackay who was far more negative, but because he was better at it we won more games and so the fans forgave him. If we win promotion, no one will moan about Buluts tactics.

Mon May 06, 2024 5:58 pm

I’m one of the ten thousand that have renewed no matter who the manager going to be or who owns the club love the bluebirds

Mon May 06, 2024 6:04 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I can’t give it up. I’m an addict.

I’d rather Buluts tactics to those of Malky Mackay who was far more negative, but because he was better at it we won more games and so the fans forgave him. If we win promotion, no one will moan about Buluts tactics.

Spot on and Warnocks hoof ball wasn't much better but he got us up so he's a hero.We'll end up being the West Ham of the championship who's fans are fecking retarted for hounding Moyes out.Things like this tend to come back and bite you.

Fellow addict :bluescarf:

Mon May 06, 2024 6:05 pm

wez1927 wrote:I think that's good , should hit 15k plus by start of the season

I’m not so sure the “Ramsey Effect” contributed to a huge surge in sales last year , going on the fact that 10,000 is more than last season at the same stage.

Didn’t we sell around 14,200 at the start of last season ?

Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

:thumbup: :ayatollah: :clap:

Mon May 06, 2024 7:10 pm

Sven wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

:thumbup: :ayatollah: :clap:

I’ve renewed , mainly because of my son and wife who love the day out regardless of result etc. If I was single I probably wouldn’t have to be honest as it’s pretty boring at home games and the club treats a significant portion of its fans with contempt.

Mon May 06, 2024 9:47 pm

Renewed again
25 years now
Enjoy the game
Sport is like life has its ups and downs
I am hopeful of the payoffs
:bluebird: :bluescarf:

Mon May 06, 2024 10:17 pm

We can't wait for the attacking entertaining football Erol has promised us for next season!

Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

I have big doubts about this amount of sales so far as it’s come from Dalman & Choo??

Last Season:

On June 5th/6th 2023, when Bulut was appointed Dalman told the media 11 - 12,000 had been sold at that time. He then predicted sales would rise to 18,000 saying

Mehmet Dalman:

"I reckon we will sell 18,000 (season tickets). I have got a couple of other announcements to make," Dalman said. "Erol and I have got a few more announcements to make that I think will make the fans happy."

By August we sold just over 14,000 season tickets.

After Xmas we had 14,600.

Tue May 07, 2024 9:28 am

City would easily shift 18k STs if:

1. The club looked like they were serious about implementing a DOF along with quality support staff running the age groups / academies.

2. They make a decision on Erol now and not in a few weeks.

3. They invest in the playing squad and attempt to recruit a striker worthy of the name.

At present, we seem like a rudderless ship with a disengaged and disinterested owner.

Tue May 07, 2024 10:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have big doubts about this amount of sales so far as it’s come from Dalman & Choo??

Last Season:

On June 5th/6th 2023, when Bulut was appointed Dalman told the media 11 - 12,000 had been sold at that time. He then predicted sales would rise to 18,000 saying

Mehmet Dalman:

"I reckon we will sell 18,000 (season tickets). I have got a couple of other announcements to make," Dalman said. "Erol and I have got a few more announcements to make that I think will make the fans happy."

I think the core support is around 12,000 regardless of signings , club control, politics etc , there are around 2,000 who look at any excuse not to renew , and around 10,000 total floaters who come and go depending on the opposition, price point , league position, manager etc. This is the group the club should be interested in.

There are people who are paid within the club who are supposed to come up with ideas to tempt the 10,000 floaters.

Tue May 07, 2024 12:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have big doubts about this amount of sales so far as it’s come from Dalman & Choo??

Last Season:

Mehmet Dalman:

Reminds me a bit of the time in the Sam years when one of our home games at Ninian Park clashed with or was played just a few hours before an egg international in Cardiff.

Sam bullishly predicted in the media that football was far more popular than the egg and that we would geta crowd of 18,000 despite the fact that the egg was on straight after the match had finished.

When the attendance was read out over the tannoy towards the end of the game it was given as exactly 18,000 much to the amusement of the 10,000 or so fans in the ground at the time.

Certainly never a dull moment during Sam's time at the club!

Tue May 07, 2024 1:36 pm

Unless its done by the person who counts the weekly attendances of course when its 17000 in a near empty stadium