Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Clubs now interested in Erol Bulut as Vincent Tan:

Mon May 06, 2024 8:04 am

Once again behind the scenes chaos is continuing as the CCFC Board are divided and No plans to what’s happening??

Turkish sports newspaper Fotospor now claim Panathinaikos could move for Bulut this summer. Reports in Greece — and elsewhere — suggest current boss Fatih Terim will vacate his position as manager and fellow Turk Bulut could fit the bill.

Fotospor report that a meeting has already been held with Panathinaikos' president, Giannis Alafouzos, and Bulut's camp over a potential deal.

The 49-year-old City boss is thought to be an attractive prospect for Panathinaikos because of his experience in Greek football with Panionios, Olympiacos, Olympiacos Volos, OFI Crete and Veria as a player. Bulut's No.2 Nikolaos Karydas, is also Greek while his goalkeeper coach, Mario Galinovic, actually played for Panathinaikos between 2004 and 2011, amassing more than 100 appearances for the club. Galinovic was also the goalkeeper coach for the club between 2015 and 2017.

Talks did start between Tan an Bulut but at the moment they seem way off as Tan is looking to past managers and Bulut now having a lot of interest in him from Greece and Turkey, Bulut though would love to stay in English football.

Bulut was named in the Turkish media has a potential candidate for the Besiktas job after they decided to part ways with ex-Portugal boss Fernando Santos. Bulut refused to be drawn on those particular links.

Bulut, however, has said more than once that he is happy in the Welsh capital and has overseen a dramatic rise in results this season, which has seen Cardiff secure a 12th-place finish in the Championship, a nine-place improvement on last season.

Erol Bulut:

“I’ve repeated it many times I have started something at Cardiff and I want to stay and build from here.”

Bulut now heads back to Istanbul and will spend some time with his family, after not seeing his wife and children for some time. There is hope that a decision, one way or another, will be swift so that the club can press ahead with plans for the 2024/25 season and ensure they are not caught on the back foot.

On the very latest with regards to his own future, he said after the defeat by the Millers: "We had positive talks with the chairman, Mehmet (Dalman), but until now I don't have anything clear to say. Now we are on one point, maybe that takes a few days for the club. I don't know.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Clubs now interested in Erol Bulut as Vincent Tan:

Mon May 06, 2024 8:43 am

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 06, 2024 8:43 am

Replies:

Mon May 06, 2024 8:46 am

Doesn’t shock me annis club got no plan or nothing I can’t wait for dalman to come out and promise the world,get them all out it’s a circus we just go around and around year after year

Mon May 06, 2024 9:01 am

Reply:

Mon May 06, 2024 9:08 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Doesn’t shock me annis club got no plan or nothing I can’t wait for dalman to come out and promise the world,get them all out it’s a circus we just go around and around year after year

Sam,

It’s getting beyond, We’ve been called a Circus run by Clowns.
But this just shows their so called new plans for the future every year are total bullshit.

Yes your right Dalman will be coming out with we have our New plans in place and the club are going forward and we want everyone behinds etc , his two Spokesmen Morgan and Williams will come on websites , Twitter everything saying all the bullshit for them.

Why don’t they question properly Dalman and say please the fans have had enough, but know they will print the bullshit.

Mon May 06, 2024 9:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:
SamCCFC1927 wrote:Doesn’t shock me annis club got no plan or nothing I can’t wait for dalman to come out and promise the world,get them all out it’s a circus we just go around and around year after year

Sam,

But this just shows their so called new plans for the future every year are total bullshit.

Yes your right Dalman will be coming out with we have our New plans in place and the club are going forward and we want everyone behinds etc , his two Spokesmen Morgan and Williams will come on websites , Twitter everything saying all the bullshit for them.

Why don’t they question properly Dalman and say please the fans have had enough, but know they will print the bullshit.

Ye exactly they need to start printing the truth we’re run worse then a Sunday league side it’s laughable,same as the trust annis why don’t they ask the proper questions they just lap up what dalman says I’ve had enough of them all I have get them all out of our club

Mon May 06, 2024 9:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Sam,

Ye exactly they need to start printing the truth we’re run worse then a Sunday league side it’s laughable,same as the trust annis why don’t they ask the proper questions they just lap up what dalman says I’ve had enough of them all I have get them all out of our club

Mon May 06, 2024 10:09 am

Reply:

Mon May 06, 2024 10:09 am

Reply:

Mon May 06, 2024 10:27 am

Nothing surprises me about how this club is run anymore.

Dalman will promise us the world the summer and deliver nothing as usual.

I fell for it last year, but won’t again.

Mon May 06, 2024 10:38 am

Does anyone on here think that Bulut is worth a three year contract because it seems that is what he wants.

I would say goodbye to him today but I can just about at a struggle understand the logic in giving him another year but absolutely no way should he be given more than a year.

Have we not learned the lesson of McCarthy and others?

No fan of Tan but if he's unwilling to offer Bulut more than one year I'd be 100% in agreement with him.

Mon May 06, 2024 10:43 am

davids wrote:Does anyone on here think that Bulut is worth a three year contract because it seems that is what he wants.

I would say goodbye to him today but I can just about at a struggle understand the logic in giving him another year but absolutely no way should he be given more than a year.

No fan of Tan but if he's unwilling to offer Bulut more than one year I'd be 100% in agreement with him.

I think it’s two years he wants so he can move his family over, that’s not unreasonable at all in my opinion.

From a club point of view, does the length of contract really matter with the football manager? I’m not sure.

Club should just give him that contract.

My concern is he has asked for money for new players and a bigger recruitment department but they don’t want to spend the money.

If that’s the case, we can look forward to another manager like Hudson and probably relegation next season.

Mon May 06, 2024 10:52 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:Does anyone on here think that Bulut is worth a three year contract because it seems that is what he wants.

I think it’s two years he wants so he can move his family over, that’s not unreasonable at all in my opinion.

From a club point of view, does the length of contract really matter with the football manager? I’m not sure.

My concern is he has asked for money for new players and a bigger recruitment department but they don’t want to spend the money.

If that’s the case, we can look forward to another manager like Hudson and probably relegation next season.

I think the length of contract does matter to the club because of course it's not just the manager we're talking about but the whole coaching team who will be getting extensions to their contracts.

Bulut has already been talking about extending the coaching set up (an attacking coach would help) and if things go tits up by Christmas you are then looking at multiple pay offs to get rid of the existing manager and his coaching staff as well as the cost of a replacement manager who no doubt will want his own entourage.

Mon May 06, 2024 11:00 am

davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I think the length of contract does matter to the club because of course it's not just the manager we're talking about but the whole coaching team who will be getting extensions to their contracts.

Bulut has already been talking about extending the coaching set up (an attacking coach would help) and if things go tits up by Christmas you are then looking at multiple pay offs to get rid of the existing manager and his coaching staff as well as the cost of a replacement manager who no doubt will want his own entourage.

Managers at other clubs get given 2/3 year contracts all the time, I don’t see why our club should be any different?

A lot of the time there is a clause where if a manager and his coaches don’t achieve a certain thing then they can be sacked on reduced compensation. That would be the case here.

People just need to realise the real reason Tan isn’t sure. It has nothing to do with Bulut.

It’s because he doesn’t want to spend money.

Mon May 06, 2024 11:18 am

I can’t see any half decent manager signing for less than 2/3 years. You might get somebody on the downward slide or somebody with no previous experience at this level but do we really want to go through that again ?

Unless we’ve got someone like Steve Cooper lined up (ain’t going to happen) then let’s just get on with giving Bulut the contract and see where that takes us.

Mon May 06, 2024 12:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I would say goodbye to him today but I can just about at a struggle understand the logic in giving him another year

but absolutely no way should he be given more than a year.

Managers at other clubs get given 2/3 year contracts all the time, I don’t see why our club should be any different?

A lot of the time there is a clause where if a manager and his coaches don’t achieve a certain thing then they can be sacked on reduced compensation. That would be the case here.

People just need to realise the real reason Tan isn’t sure. It has nothing to do with Bulut.

I've not heard of such a clause before but you may well know far more about managers and coaching staff contracts than I do.

So where would you draw the line for Bulut and his coaches to get reduced compensation next season? If he doesn't make top 6? If he doesn't make top 10? Only if we're in the bottom 3?

Would any manager accept such a clause in their contract?

I hear what you say about Tan not wanting to spend money and I agree with you but if there's no money available why would Bulut want to stay? Surely it will be no different to this season? Bulut will only be able to sign players who are incapable of playing the exciting , skilful entertaining football he's told us he wants to play but of which we have seen absolutely no evidence this entire season.

Mon May 06, 2024 1:10 pm

davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I would say goodbye to him today but I can just about at a struggle understand the logic in giving him another year

but absolutely no way should he be given more than a year.

I've not heard of such a clause before but you may well know far more about managers and coaching staff contracts than I do.

So where would you draw the line for Bulut and his coaches to get reduced compensation next season? If he doesn't make top 6? If he doesn't make top 10? Only if we're in the bottom 3?

Would any manager accept such a clause in their contract?

I hear what you say about Tan not wanting to spend money and I agree with you but if there's no money available why would Bulut want to stay? Surely it will be no different to this season? Bulut will only be able to sign players who are incapable of playing the exciting , skilful entertaining football he's told us he wants to play but of which we have seen absolutely no evidence this entire season.

I think you’re missing my point.

If Bulut doesn’t stay, it’ll be because he’s told he won’t get longer than a one year contract or he won’t get money to spend on players.

As has been said on here, you won’t get someone better if only a one year deal is on the table. We were fortunate Bulut agreed to just one year last summer. That doesn’t happen often.

Bulut has said next season the target needs to be top six, so if he doesn’t achieve that he would have failed in his target. But he has to be backed. There is not a manager in the world who could get this squad in the top six.

I remember Man Utd being able to sack Moyes for reduced compensation when they failed to get in the top four. Similar has happened at Chelsea in recent years.

So there’s the precedent.

Mon May 06, 2024 1:26 pm

The one year deal suited both parties. Bulut hasn't managed in northern Europe and we had so many restrictions on us that we semi-got around when we needed to be we were never attracting an established name.

Now we have seen him for a year its up to the board to commit or not. Why is it not as simple as that.

If I were him I'd want three years. If i were Tan I'd want to enter conditions, if these are not compatible then part ways and enact plan B ":lol: :lol: (as if)

All of us are guessing, very few know what each party's red line are.

Its a big gamble for Tan, i get that, its huge money if its goes wrong.

If I was Bulut i'd head to Greece, he get their game and his reputation could take a battering if he is backed here and is sacked by christmas

Mon May 06, 2024 8:57 pm

Done well to give bullut a 1 year contract..shite manager..what's sad is ,there doesn't seem to be anyone in place to take over from him..by the time he is replaced the transfer window will be gone

Mon May 06, 2024 10:30 pm

For me if Tan and the board want to keep Erol - offer him another 1 year contract and review in Jan or wait end of season ..
To me it also has a lot to do with how much money is there to buy/improve the squad for next season .

Tue May 07, 2024 7:00 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:For me if Tan and the board want to keep Erol - offer him another 1 year contract and review in Jan or wait end of season ..
To me it also has a lot to do with how much money is there to buy/improve the squad for next season .

Problem is Bulut wants longer .

Tue May 07, 2024 7:57 pm

litoblues wrote:Done well to give bullut a 1 year contract..shite manager..what's sad is ,there doesn't seem to be anyone in place to take over from him..by the time he is replaced the transfer window will be gone

So won't get anyone until September when transfer window closes? :D