Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Not the way we wanted to end the season “

Sat May 04, 2024 1:54 pm

Before anyone asks, yes I do still want Bulut to stay. I’m not one of those who change my mind every week.

I’ve judged it on our whole season, not today.

But that was awful, let’s be honest. Thank god it didn’t matter :lol:

Not much to say other than that, but nobody comes out of it well.

You do often get strange results on the final day and that’s happened to us today.

Long journey home now.

City fans were brilliant as usual. Singing “Erol Bulut we want you to stay” at full time :bluebird:

Bring on next season :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Not the way we wanted to end the season “

Sat May 04, 2024 2:13 pm

Worcester

You're very forgiving. 9 goals conceded in two matches, 22 games lost and dreadful GD. Thank goodness we got several fortunate last minute wins to get us to 62 points.

For me, I know it's the last day but something doesn't seem quite right to me.

Does not fill me with confidence about the future with Bulutball to be honest.

Sat May 04, 2024 2:45 pm

It's the number of defeats that's a red flag to me. Bulut seems incapable of getting his teams to fight tooth and nail to get something out of a game. I think if he goes it won't be a great loss, if he stays let's just hope he can instill some fight in the team next season. Just what the board is thinking now is anyone's guess.

Sat May 04, 2024 2:58 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:It's the number of defeats that's a red flag to me. Bulut seems incapable of getting his teams to fight tooth and nail to get something out of a game. I think if he goes it won't be a great loss, if he stays let's just hope he can instill some fight in the team next season. Just what the board is thinking now is anyone's guess.

I worry about the motivation side of things. Even if Bulut was given 20m and created a team that were leading all season, I'd just know we'd always fall by the wayside come the end. We'd only ever be a nearly team a bit like under Dave Jones (but his sides were far more entertaining).

So disillusioned today, can't get over this result.

Sat May 04, 2024 3:00 pm

At least Dave Jones team played exciting football, on the front floor not like this boring crap.

Sat May 04, 2024 3:14 pm

Today's performance was truly horrific with no excuses. There was enough in that starting 11 not to get hammered by a team so poor. But rather than draw conclusions on Bulut from a this dreadful game, I look at the season as a whole. It was an improvement to last year and we've finished 12th. Was the squad Bulut had any better than that? I don't think so. Our injuries this season to key players also exposed how poor many of our squad players are. I understand the big doubts about Bulut but equally some perspective and patience is needed too. We can't keep changing managers every five minutes. We need proper investment and to see a project develop over time rather than expect instant result. We need to keep faith with Bulut. Lots of exciting players finished the game today. The future is still bright

Sat May 04, 2024 3:21 pm

One of the worst managers we have had down the City in a very long time, I’ve seen them all since 1989

Sat May 04, 2024 3:34 pm

1989 - I think that means you missed the awesome Alan Durban and Kenny Hibbitt years then! :-)

Sat May 04, 2024 3:40 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:1989 - I think that means you missed the awesome Alan Durban and Kenny Hibbitt years then! :-)

Oh I watched them on Soccer Sunday ! and I bet even they changed things and tried to vary and adapt. It’s a basic foundation of being a football manager. I see it every Sunday morning being done by kids coaches on the playing fields yet not down the CCS. Plain wrong

Sat May 04, 2024 3:45 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Today's performance was truly horrific with no excuses. There was enough in that starting 11 not to get hammered by a team so poor. But rather than draw conclusions on Bulut from a this dreadful game, I look at the season as a whole. It was an improvement to last year and we've finished 12th. Was the squad Bulut had any better than that? I don't think so. Our injuries this season to key players also exposed how poor many of our squad players are. I understand the big doubts about Bulut but equally some perspective and patience is needed too. We can't keep changing managers every five minutes. We need proper investment and to see a project develop over time rather than expect instant result. We need to keep faith with Bulut. Lots of exciting players finished the game today. The future is still bright

Would agree with that.

Look, I’m not saying things should be the same next season. They shouldn’t.

If he gets the players he wants, we have to play more positive football. That’s obvious to everyone.

If that doesn’t happen, I’ll be the first to hold my hands up.

I still maintain that we don’t have the players to play a positive style effectively, I know some strongly disagree.

But for this season, he has achieved a 12th placed finish which I’m pleased with.

I expected another relegation battle and we were never close to that.

Sat May 04, 2024 3:49 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:1989 - I think that means you missed the awesome Alan Durban and Kenny Hibbitt years then! :-)

Chandler and Lynex who could forget.
Then theres the New Zealand signings.

Sat May 04, 2024 4:14 pm

Yes - Steve 'Lethal' Lynex once of Leicester. The lads from New Zealand - Kevin Meacock and one other absolute clogger who's name escapes me! That was it - was it Graham Withey!?