Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fingers crossed

Sat May 04, 2024 1:14 pm

This is the last we see of Bulut.

His style of football is awful.

We have conceded more goals this season than last.

Re: Fingers crossed

Sat May 04, 2024 1:50 pm

Totally agree.

Sat May 04, 2024 1:55 pm

Totally disagree.

Sat May 04, 2024 2:02 pm

dazza wrote:This is the last we see of Bulut.

His style of football is awful.

We have conceded more goals this season than last.

Agree 100 percent.

Conceded more goals than last season and almost the same number of defeats. We need someone in charge who can use more than one tactic.

Sat May 04, 2024 3:42 pm

How can anyone support his management and tactics ,9 goals conceded in two games . 5 by the worst team in the league who haven't scored 5 since god knows when . What an absolute disgrace . Get him and half of the dog shit players out.

Sat May 04, 2024 3:58 pm

jonohowells wrote:How can anyone support his management and tactics ,9 goals conceded in two games . 5 by the worst team in the league who haven't scored 5 since god knows when . What an absolute disgrace . Get him and half of the dog shit players out.

Actually you’re right.

Let’s just focus on the last two games, forget the other 44.

Let’s ignore the fact that we finished top half (which nobody expected), won nine away games, beat two of the top six, won three out of four derby games and outperformed expectations.

Sat May 04, 2024 4:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Totally disagree.

Worcester,

Fair play to you - you have consistently championed Bulut this season but could I just ask you why you support him so much?

Have you enjoyed the football we've played this season?
Which players do you think he has improved with his coaching?
What makes you think he'll change his playing style next season?
What have you seen this season that makes you think he can improve the performances next season?
Any idea why when we win it's only by a goal and when we lose it's always by at least two clear goals?

Sat May 04, 2024 4:06 pm

davids wrote:

Worcester,

Fair play to you - you have consistently championed Bulut this season but could I just ask you why you support him so much?

What have you seen this season that makes you think he can improve the performances next season?
Any idea why when we win it's only by a goal and when we lose it's always by at least two clear goals?

Bulut said a while back that we don’t have the players to play a free flowing attacking game, I agree with him.

I would love nothing more than us to play attacking football like Ipswich, but I also don’t want to be relegated.

I do believe with the right players the style will change.

If that doesn’t happen, I’ll be the first to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

I back Bulut because we have outperformed expectations this season. I do expect him to stay.

I may give a more detailed answer tomorrow but I’m still on the way back and completely knackered to be honest :lol:

Sat May 04, 2024 4:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:

Worcester,

Bulut said a while back that we don’t have the players to play a free flowing attacking game, I agree with him.

I would love nothing more than us to play attacking football like Ipswich, but I also don’t want to be relegated.

If that doesn’t happen, I’ll be the first to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

I back Bulut because we have outperformed expectations this season. I do expect him to stay.

I may give a more detailed answer tomorrow but I’m still on the way back and completely knackered to be honest :lol:

Fans are frightened if we let bulut go we will get a worse manager in
but really
should we stick or twist there are as many fans for as against and the majority are somewhere in the middle

if the board said we are after a certain manager fans could decide but its the unknown and thats where we are
its buluts negative tactics that grind me boring football beyond this constant get to the half way line then we go backwards all the way to the keeper how about learning to go at at team and attack so frustrating today to watch regardless of what 11 it is you can play a certain way .

Sat May 04, 2024 5:19 pm

70 goals conceded this season compared to 58 last season, he definitely hasn't made the defence any better with arguably better players than last year.

Sat May 04, 2024 5:52 pm

dazza wrote:70 goals conceded this season compared to 58 last season, he definitely hasn't made the defence any better with arguably better players than last year.

And setting up more defensively.

Sat May 04, 2024 8:01 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
dazza wrote:70 goals conceded this season compared to 58 last season, he definitely hasn't made the defence any better with arguably better players than last year.

And setting up more defensively.

Yes and again today with Wintle and Siopsis. If we setplayed players on their correct side it would help (Bowler
inverted wingers again today) Get some width in your game, get to the by line fizz crosses in..It ain't rocket science.
Bulut narrows the pitch EVERY game , easy meat for any opposing team....Even one relegated like today! :old:

Sat May 04, 2024 11:06 pm

Boring boring Cardiff world beater is Bulut the only had to better 21st position come on he hasn’t a clue I feel sick watching the way we play I don’t now 1 team in world football who uses the same tactics as us does he even now where players proper positions are if we had haaland Bulut would play him on the wing he’s so nagar I’ve no plan a or b just make sure we don’t lose the match instead of saying let’s go win the match f**k off back to turkey on a camel as far as I’m concerned lamochi was better than him

Sun May 05, 2024 1:00 am

Craigleeccfc wrote:Boring boring Cardiff world beater is Bulut the only had to better 21st position come on he hasn’t a clue I feel sick watching the way we play I don’t now 1 team in world football who uses the same tactics as us does he even now where players proper positions are if we had haaland Bulut would play him on the wing he’s so nagar I’ve no plan a or b just make sure we don’t lose the match instead of saying let’s go win the match f**k off back to turkey on a camel as far as I’m concerned lamochi was better than him

Really? We were in serious danger last seasonand bookies favourites for relegation; but with a few decent tweeks we ended up in the top half of the Championship and at one point dallied with the top six...

No one (or few) moaned when Malky and particularly Neil Warnock ground out single goal wins; so why single out Erol Bulut...?

100% an improvement on last season and some of those 'late comebacks' have been amongst the best we've seen in a long while.. :ayatollah:

Sun May 05, 2024 5:47 pm

I now Sven 12th is better than 21st I agree what your saying it’s just so hard to watch the way we play we go to injoy I don’t mind us losing everyone gets beaten but it’s hard to watch even when we win.will we get another year of this boring shit tactics or with him being backed will we see what Bulut can do

Sun May 05, 2024 6:10 pm

I'd take my club playing boring football and being safe.

Be careful what you wish for.

Mon May 06, 2024 7:45 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:

Worcester,

He probably wants to stay in the game to half time and try and pinch a winner cos our strikers are useless, he knows that but he's not going to come out and say that. We do seem to be more attacking in the 2nd half of games at home, I don't go away so can't comment on away games. He was let down in January, so let's see what he can do if he is backed in the summer(assuming he's still here), his remit was to keep us in the Championship, so in fairness to him give him a chance and back him Mr Tan