Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: “ He would cost to much money “

Fri May 03, 2024 8:57 am

Erol Bulut believes Lazaros Rota would cost Cardiff City too much money after the Bluebirds were linked with a move for the Greece international this week, pure media speculation:

Erol Bulut:

"I know him. He is a right full-back from AEK. I can tell you straight, the truth, we didn't have any conversation or talks," Bulut said when asked about Rota

"He is a good player, for sure, but don't forget he still has a contract until 2026. If you want to take a player from AEK, they won the championship last season, maybe they are going to win it this season, and he still has two more years on his contract. How are you going to get him out?

"If something is in the media or social media, who put it in there? I think who put it there, they didn't think how this could happen, if you see our situation this season. If you bring something in, it has to be realistic."

Clearly, Cardiff would be unable to implement concrete plans for the summer transfer window without knowing who their manager will be. Bulut on Thursday said conversations were progressing positively over a new deal, with Saturday's clash with Rotherham United set to be his last game in charge, should a new contract not be agreed.