Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: “Rubin Colwill Premier League “

Thu May 02, 2024 3:44 pm

Erol Bulut:

"When I saw Rubin in pre-season, how he was on the field and where he is right now, I think there's a big step. A big, big step," Bulut said of the Cardiff academy product

"Now he's the target of many Premier League clubs. I didn't say that we would let him leave! I just said he was a target of many Premier League clubs.

"It doesn't surprise me because I knew at the start of the season that he can be much better. He worked hard on it, he listened to us and I still believe he can do much more.

"He is running everywhere, he wants to make everything happen. Sometimes you have to handle that better and he will then look much, much better and he will be at that level and then we cannot hold him to be here."

"I think he will not be with us (at Rotherham)," Bulut said. "He was training yesterday individually but I don't want to risk him for one game. He has a hamstring problem so I don't want to use him for 45 minutes and then he gets injured. If somebody is at risk, they will not be with us."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut: “Rubin Colwill Premier League “

Thu May 02, 2024 5:01 pm

Interesting that there’s PL interest.

No doubt on his day he can be brilliant, my issue with him is his consistency.

Bulut sounds like he wants to keep him but I wonder what the club will do if a decent sized offer comes in - if it meets their valuation, they will obviously sell.

I just don’t know what our valuation of him is.

Thu May 02, 2024 5:44 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Interesting that there’s PL interest.

No doubt on his day he can be brilliant, my issue with him is his consistency.

Bulut sounds like he wants to keep him but I wonder what the club will do if a decent sized offer comes in - if it meets their valuation, they will obviously sell.

I just don’t know what our valuation of him is.

What would you take?

North of £2Million and i'd consider it...

Thu May 02, 2024 6:07 pm

Sounds like talking him up for the shop window. I am still not convinced he is a premier league player but I sincerely hope the club do not let him go unless it's silly money. Arsenal have been allegedly keeping tabs on him. Let's not make the same mistake again like we did with Ramsey.

Thu May 02, 2024 7:31 pm

Hes raw, but improving.

If we want to stand a chance of pushing for play offs or better, I feel we need to keep hold of our better young players.

No doubt we will sell him for 1m and an overpaid 35 year old has been

Thu May 02, 2024 10:21 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Hes raw, but improving.

If we want to stand a chance of pushing for play offs or better, I feel we need to keep hold of our better young players.

No doubt we will sell him for 1m and an overpaid 35 year old has been

Needs to stay as you say - if we want to build on next season .

Fri May 03, 2024 9:13 am

EastleighBlue wrote:Sounds like talking him up for the shop window. I am still not convinced he is a premier league player but I sincerely hope the club do not let him go unless it's silly money. Arsenal have been allegedly keeping tabs on him. Let's not make the same mistake again like we did with Ramsey.

Russell Martin talked him up a lot, I'm sure teams are watching him. He's still developing well, one more year at least, and his value could fly, let's not make the same mistake we made with Ramsey, selling too early and below his potential value.