Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tan out Sam in!

Thu May 02, 2024 7:05 am

Let’s get back to where we were in the good old days of Sam when we had passion and togetherness.
Ninian park was a place of fear for visiting teams and fans unlike our soulless Lifeless bowl of a stadium that now thanks to the former groundsman who has killed the atmosphere. Would Sam have allowed this to happen…….. never in a million years.
It’s a pipe dream in know as Tan won’t sell to Sam.

Re: Tan out Sam in!

Thu May 02, 2024 7:30 am

My favourite days following Cardiff .

Thu May 02, 2024 7:52 am

that would be the perfect final piece of the jigsaw.

Many, in the know I might add, are saying its simply not going to happen anymore. Its only my opinion, but I dont think its quite as dead in the water as is being made out?

Thu May 02, 2024 8:44 am

Posted the same in another thread, but didn't it end sour between us and Sam with the whole Langstone debacle?

Great times, definitely the catalyst to take us from the lower leagues to a proper Championship club.... but a return?

This needs a poll, if I've ever felt the need for a poll! :laughing6: I'd love to know how many would want Sam back, vs those that don't, vs the unsure's & don't cares.

Thu May 02, 2024 9:22 am

Yeah.
Let’s go back to the time when Sam nearly put the club into administration!!!

Yes, we had good times under Sam. However, he nearly destroyed the club by putting us towards administration!

Thu May 02, 2024 9:45 am

SB 1927 wrote:Posted the same in another thread, but didn't it end sour between us and Sam with the whole Langstone debacle?

Great times, definitely the catalyst to take us from the lower leagues to a proper Championship club.... but a return?

This needs a poll, if I've ever felt the need for a poll! :laughing6: I'd love to know how many would want Sam back, vs those that don't, vs the unsure's & don't cares.

That's actually a very good idea as there have been some big threads of late on this and as Barclay says above, it may still have some legs apparently - go on, do it!

Thu May 02, 2024 10:35 am

Loved those days, a togetherness and there certainly was an atmosphere, absolutely gutted he’s not coming back

Thu May 02, 2024 10:40 am

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Yeah.

Yes, we had good times under Sam. However, he nearly destroyed the club by putting us towards administration!

Mate, did he, who said so Ridsdale, the media ?
A question for you, the year 2000 where was our club and how well off were we?
Did he nearly destroy our club? Who said so? Was our club not virtually destroyed in 2000?

The years under Sam were what brought our new fans in.
Are we going anywhere under this board?
Debt not going any lower and six million out interest alone every year to this pathetic board

Thu May 02, 2024 2:42 pm

So the evening news outside Ninian Park which lots of us sat watching in horror and disbelief was made up was it?

Thu May 02, 2024 4:45 pm

For me, Tan over Sam anyday, by a country mile.

Thu May 02, 2024 4:50 pm

I would love Sam to come back.

But it’s just not going to happen.

Thu May 02, 2024 5:39 pm

I would be bouncing and over the moon to have Sam back. He kickstarted us. He worked on bringing the community and club closer, presence in the City and valleys, brought in Welsh players, kids swapping their EPl shirts, it was like a bluebirds ‘Welsh Army’ roadshow around Wales. Identity most fun I’ve had as a bluebird, and also some good football! Unlike now and last few years. Mistakes made yes, Tan has made more.

The club currently lacks all of the above

Thu May 02, 2024 6:02 pm

I would absolutely love SAM back, finish where he left off. He would get our academy where it needs to be he would also have us fighting for promotion. But unfortunately dictator tan would never let it happen.

Tan fears the fans loving sam more than he would ever be, he also hates the fact sam is doing a million times financially better now than he is.

Tan out sam in 1000000%

Thu May 02, 2024 6:52 pm

Sam any day over Tan. Tan is slowly killing us. Sam we love him and he loves us , We want Sam back

TAN OUT

Thu May 02, 2024 6:56 pm

Use to love singing Sam songs , only time I’ve sung Tan songs is Tan your a wanker

Thu May 02, 2024 7:16 pm

Polarising!

Thu May 02, 2024 7:20 pm

Just attempted a poll. God know if it'll work!

Thu May 02, 2024 7:23 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Just attempted a poll. God know if it'll work!

Put a option for Sam stay away

Thu May 02, 2024 7:50 pm

I’d have Sam back all day long, the club currently has no soul at all. We are like some form of MK dons ffs….
Sure he ran out of cash after being stabbed in the back by riddler and pmg who stole his idea for the retail park being part of the deal. I wonder how many youth matches tan and Dalman have ever been too? I guess those who know the truth know, the others are just like the modern day glory hunter happy flappy Wayne Nash lovers.

Thu May 02, 2024 8:10 pm

Tan destroyed our souls. hearts and killed our pride , b*stard fir taking our identity away and still we have a worm badge :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thu May 02, 2024 8:17 pm

goats wrote:I’d have Sam back all day long, the club currently has no soul at all. We are like some form of MK dons ffs….
Sure he ran out of cash after being stabbed in the back by riddler and pmg who stole his idea for the retail park being part of the deal. I wonder how many youth matches tan and Dalman have ever been too? I guess those who know the truth know, the others are just like the modern day glory hunter happy flappy Wayne Nash lovers.

Mk dons fc is a result of someone's mismanagement of another club :o

Sun May 05, 2024 6:04 pm

Always City wrote:

Did he nearly destroy our club? Who said so? Was our club not virtually destroyed in 2000?

Debt not going any lower and six million out interest alone every year to this pathetic board

Remember Sam saying on the Welsh news on a Wednesday night that the club wasn't in any financial problems! Then on the Friday we were giving away Kav and asking the PFA to pay the players wages.

So Sam can stay as far away as possible from our club.

Sun May 05, 2024 6:37 pm

dazza wrote:
Always City wrote:

Remember Sam saying on the Welsh news on a Wednesday night that the club wasn't in any financial problems! Then on the Friday we were giving away Kav and asking the PFA to pay the players wages.

So Sam can stay as far away as possible from our club.

Everyone was keen to say buck stops at top when the managers wasted millions under so why doesn't it apply to other owners when club almost went into administration or worse? it wasn't a figment of people's imagination as I've said before should never go back only end in tears..