Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ipswich Virtually Up..with a team of

Wed May 01, 2024 5:12 am

Nobodies really ..They all grew with the team, that surprisingly got promotion from League one. No superstars to name, mostly young hungry energetic, eager players. That side on paper no worse or better than our squad? Their key to success, a young progressive, front foot manager, with a flowing, attacking pattern of play. Wes Burns one of their stars, a Barry lad, I used to pay with his dad years ago. Right footed who plays on his NATURAL side, getting behind defences, like he did yesterday evening. Signing Moore in January , another master stroke, to boost their attack and goal threat.

I read many posts about our squad not being good enough? It's all nonsense when you see the tractor boys with one foot in the
premier league, using mostly youngsters. All done with coaches and a manager that sets his team to WIN every game , not contain.

Good luck to them on their double promotion, an incredible success story, with a manager who has a great future ahead. All food for thought with contract talks up in the air, and Forest knocking on the door.

Let's hope next season, whoever is in charge, we adopt a similar style, especially at Cardiff City stadium. Entertainment is the name of the game. :old: :bluescarf:

Re: Ipswich Virtually Up..with a team of

Wed May 01, 2024 8:06 am

Not a massive amount I can disagree with here and all points are valid.

One thing I would say though is that the manager has a very bright future in management, and not all "young hungry managers" will do anything near as well as he has

Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 am

There's a history of teams getting young talented managers in and being promoted on successive seasons! I think Howe with Bournemouth did it from div 2 to premier league using as say young hungry players sure if look find several more clubs doing similar....

Wed May 01, 2024 10:04 am

Wiggy

Singing from the same hymn sheet here. Of course our squad is good enough to play Ipswich's game plan - these are professional sportsmen FFS!

Erol's tactic of choice is football with a straitjacket on - it can work but is bloody tedious to watch at times.

As you said, entertainment is the name of the game.

Wed May 01, 2024 1:45 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Wiggy

Singing from the same hymn sheet here. Of course our squad is good enough to play Ipswich's game plan - these are professional sportsmen FFS!

Erol's tactic of choice is football with a straitjacket on - it can work but is bloody tedious to watch at times.

As you said, entertainment is the name of the game.

Thanks Tuna as much as we like to win we also have to entertain the public...Fear is if we don't they'll go elsewhere, kids + all. Ipswich have certainly gone for the throat this year fair doooooos.