Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol and his staff were at

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 pm

Erol bulut and his staff where at the Nottingham forest vs man city match, he has links with the owner

I hope it was just to watch the game and nothing else...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol and his staff where at

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:08 pm

Rumours circulating online say Tan had given green light for new contract!

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:11 pm

He’s mates with the owner of Forest, that’s all it is.

There’s literally nothing more to it than that.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:12 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Rumours circulating online say Tan had given green light for new contract!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=239044

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
cardiffboy1995 wrote:Rumours circulating online say Tan had given green light for new contract!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=239044

Na bulut to forrest next season
Only joking

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:32 pm

Hopefully they were learning how to play an attacking brand of football instead of the defensive dross they've served up all season.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:41 pm

davids wrote:Hopefully they were learning how to play an attacking brand of football instead of the defensive dross they've served up all season.

If we had Hudson-Odoi, Elanga and Gibbs White then Bulut would play attacking football.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:Hopefully they were learning how to play an attacking brand of football instead of the defensive dross they've served up all season.

If we had Hudson-Odoi, Elanga and Gibbs White then Bulut would play attacking football.[/quote

No evidence of that whatsoever based on what we've seen at Championship level this season.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 pm

davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

If we had Hudson-Odoi, Elanga and Gibbs White then Bulut would play attacking football.[/quote

No evidence of that whatsoever based on what we've seen at Championship level this season.

Because we don’t have the players to play that style? :lol:

Next season will be different if Bulut gets the funds he wants.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:28 pm

Isn't it a footballing law that you have to prey at the altar of Saint Pep at least once a year.....This was their pilgrimage

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

How do you know that?

Has he got a track record of playing exciting attacking football or has he always only managed teams where he's not had the funds he wants?

Are you confident that Tan will give him "the funds he wants" in the summer?

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:56 pm

davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

How do you know that?

Has he got a track record of playing exciting attacking football or has he always only managed teams where he's not had the funds he wants?

Are you confident that Tan will give him "the funds he wants" in the summer?

First, if he doesn’t get the funds he wants then we’ll have a different manager - yet again.

I don’t know he’d play attacking football with different players but I have reasons to think so.

Other than Leeds and Leicester away (understandably) we played attacking football until Ramsey got injured.

Better attacking players and he will play attacking football.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:12 pm

And then go ahead and get Haaland :(

Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:37 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Big Alf coming out of retirement

Re: Erol and his staff were at

Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:28 pm

Not a City shirt, scarf or bucket hat between the lot of them.

Bloody plastics.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:03 pm

davids wrote:Not a City shirt, scarf or bucket hat between the lot of them.

Bloody plastics.

Haha...reckon Bulut's aged a bit in the year he's been with us aswell. Was his beard 2 tone when he joined?

Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:48 pm

I honestly believe that City did have the players this season, despite Rambo's injury, to play a more attack minded formation.

Erol just chose not to and for home matches, that was unforgivable.

I'd bet the players would have clicked better and enjoyed a more attack oriented coaching philosophy.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:18 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:I honestly believe that City did have the players this season, despite Rambo's injury, to play a more attack minded formation.

Erol just chose not to and for home matches, that was unforgivable.

I'd bet the players would have clicked better and enjoyed a more attack oriented coaching philosophy.

:lol: :lol:

Unforgivable??

Have a word with yourself, we’re going to finish in the top half which is what matters.

You could have had attacking football and we would have lost most games 5-0. Maybe that’s what you’d prefer and then you’d be watching us in League One next season.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 pm

Worcester

Ok - unforgivable perhaps a bit strong! But, do you honestly think our squad was that weak that Bulut couldn't play any formation other than his one stop defensive set up?

The opponent didn't matter, so we even set up the same way for a team with an awful away record e.g. Sunderland being a case in point at the time they visited.

I can't believe you think that we would've got taken apart by most teams we played at home if we had the audacity to set up taking the game to the opposition.

In my mind football is always about scoring more than the opposition firstly. That's nor to say gung-ho kamikaze football but just a lot more in your face than Bulutball.

If Erol is in charge next season and he players two strikers and two wingers with 1 defensive enforcer then I'll take this back - but so far there's been no evidence Bulut can and will adapt or take risks.

Our goal difference is terrible too and more goals would obviously help there.

Are we safe in the Championship with a decent table position? Totally but for me, I want a more entertaining brand of football, even if we lose some games throwing the kitchen sink at it.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:26 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Big Alf coming out of retirement

;)