Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: “ NO FINAL DECISION YET “

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:50 am

Updated:

Discussions will start this week:

It is no foregone conclusion just yet. While Bulut himself said after the defeat by Middlesbrough on Saturday that he hopes talks will be "positive" over what happens next, the manager wants assurances over what the future looks like next season.

Of course, having to wait this long for the owner to make a decision on him will be weighing on Bulut's mind as he and his representatives get around the table with the Cardiff decision-makers, while the manager's frustrations in the last two transfer windows have been clear to see.

Up to this morning Erol Bulut has not been told if it’s a yes or no for next season:

Monday 29th April 2024

Cardiff City look close to making a decision on Erol Bulut’s future with the Bluebirds manager hoping for a “positive” outcome for both him and the club.
Bulut’s Cardiff contract ends after next weekend’s trip to Rotherham United.

But club owner Vincent Tan is thought to be close to delivering a verdict on whether to offer Bulut a new deal.

Vincent Tan is still thinking about it, as Mehmet Dalman wants Bulut to stay.

Cardiff are guaranteed a top-half Championship finish despite Saturday’s heavy home defeat to Middlesbrough.

That represents significant progress after they finished one place above the relegation zone last season, yet Bulut – who was appointed on a one-year contract last June – does not know yet whether he will still be in charge come pre-season.
Unusually, Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman and chief executive Ken Choo attended Bulut’s press conference after the Middlesbrough loss.

When Bulut was asked for an update on his contract situation Dalman, who was sat with members of the media, said: "Why don't you let me have dinner with him tonight?"

Bulut was then asked whether he hopes a decision on his future will be made quickly.

Erol Bulut:

"Everyone will know, I will know, the board will know, but it's up to the board,” he said.
“The chairman was here [in the press conference room] and he gave the answer before.
"We hope it's positive from both sides."

Former Fenerbahce boss Bulut has indicated that he would like to remain at Cardiff, and said before the Middlesbrough game that the club’s hierarchy were “happy” with the club’s progress during his season in charge.

Bulut acknowledged that a comprehensive defeat was a disappointing way to sign off at home in 2023-24, but remains pleased with his team’s efforts throughout the campaign.

Erol Bulut:
"The last game at home, we wanted to win in front of the fans, it didn't happen,” he said.
“If we see the whole season, until now, I am personally satisfied with the season.
"I think our fans and our board are satisfied with where we are now. We have one more game left against Rotherham. We could have had a few points more but we have built really good and progressed as a club this season. Cardiff can only build on it."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ NO FINAL DECISION YET “

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:58 am

Sounds to me Tan is not 100% about Bulut.

What the reason is no one knows. It can't be the dire football because he would not know if it was dire or not.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:16 am

I don’t think he’ll be here next season.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:47 am

Meanwhile back at the ranch....
Other championship clubs are all making plans.

FFS sort it out.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:Up to this morning Erol Bulut has not been told if it’s a yes or no for next season:

Monday 29th April 2024

Cardiff City look close to making a decision on Erol Bulut’s future with the Bluebirds manager hoping for a “positive” outcome for both him and the club.
Bulut’s Cardiff contract ends after next weekend’s trip to Rotherham United.

But club owner Vincent Tan is thought to be close to delivering a verdict on whether to offer Bulut a new deal.

Vincent Tan is still thinking about it, as Mehmet Dalman wants Bulut to stay.

Cardiff are guaranteed a top-half Championship finish despite Saturday’s heavy home defeat to Middlesbrough.

That represents significant progress after they finished one place above the relegation zone last season, yet Bulut – who was appointed on a one-year contract last June – does not know yet whether he will still be in charge come pre-season.
Unusually, Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman and chief executive Ken Choo attended Bulut’s press conference after the Middlesbrough loss.

When Bulut was asked for an update on his contract situation Dalman, who was sat with members of the media, said: "Why don't you let me have dinner with him tonight?"

Bulut was then asked whether he hopes a decision on his future will be made quickly.

Erol Bulut:

"Everyone will know, I will know, the board will know, but it's up to the board,” he said.
“The chairman was here [in the press conference room] and he gave the answer before.
"We hope it's positive from both sides."

Former Fenerbahce boss Bulut has indicated that he would like to remain at Cardiff, and said before the Middlesbrough game that the club’s hierarchy were “happy” with the club’s progress during his season in charge.

Bulut acknowledged that a comprehensive defeat was a disappointing way to sign off at home in 2023-24, but remains pleased with his team’s efforts throughout the campaign.

Erol Bulut:
"The last game at home, we wanted to win in front of the fans, it didn't happen,” he said.
“If we see the whole season, until now, I am personally satisfied with the season.
"I think our fans and our board are satisfied with where we are now. We have one more game left against Rotherham. We could have had a few points more but we have built really good and progressed as a club this season. Cardiff can only build on it."

It’s shocking the way we are run a decision should have been made weeks ago so we could plan for next season,we’re run so bad it’s unbelievable and by a man who’s not got a clue about football and a care for our club

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:54 am

Could well be that he has been offered a contract but won’t sign it until he has reassurances about his transfer budget??

Or maybe he’s not sure he wants to work for a dysfunctional club anymore

I’m pretty sure he won’t be short of offers from other clubs in the summer!!

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:04 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Could well be that he has been offered a contract but won’t sign it until he has reassurances about his transfer budget??

Or maybe he’s not sure he wants to work for a dysfunctional club anymore

I’m pretty sure he won’t be short of offers from other clubs in the summer!!

…or it’s all been sorted but nothing officially signed yet. Who knows.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:41 am

Strange, if the club hasn't come out strong and said they want him to stay, then it looks like they've made up their minds and won't announce it until next week after the game that they've decided to part company.

Maybe they have a good Manager surprise lined up, I can't see it but live in hope, we will know soon enough.
Last edited by Bluebina on Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 am

Bluebina wrote:Strange, if the club hasn't come out strong and said they want him to stay, then it looks like they've made up their minds and won't announce it until next week after the game that they've decided to part company.

Maybe they have a good Manager surprise lined up, I can't see it but live in hope.

Bulut was spotted at the Notts Forest game yesterday

some say a guest by the forest owner who knows

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 am

I would hope and expect a decision will be made one way or the other by Saturday.

My gut feeling is he’ll stay, hope so.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:06 pm

With it been left so late and no wanting to effect the last few games i would have thought its a No from tan but dalhman i think is trying to persuade tan to keep him
if he tan was keeping him
it would have been announced a few weeks back so its anyone's guess

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 pm

Perhaps Bulut is wanting a longer contract then Tan is willing to give?

Bulut has mentioned bringing his family to join him so maybe he's looking for a three or four year deal and Tan, having been stung recently by the McCarthy situation, only wants to offer a one year contract?

I'd prefer him to go but if he is to be offered a new contract I think the most it should be for is one more year or perhaps a one year "rolling" type contract.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... kldlnvyz0o

BBC reporting Tan gives the green light to contract talks.

I hope he stays - I appreciate he has been too defensive, especially at home, but he can only play with the players he has, not the ones he would like. Overall he has done a good job - I especially like the wins against Ipswich, Shitty and obv the Jacks :-)

Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 pm

Updated:

Discussions are starting this week.

But it is no foregone conclusion just yet. While Bulut himself said after the defeat by Middlesbrough on Saturday that he hopes talks will be "positive" over what happens next, the manager wants assurances over what the future looks like next season.

Of course, having to wait this long for the owner to make a decision on him will be weighing on Bulut's mind as he and his representatives get around the table with the Cardiff decision-makers, while the manager's frustrations in the last two transfer windows have been clear to see.

Re: UPDATED: “ NO FINAL DECISION YET “

Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:48 pm

Put Bulut to one side for a second... have we got any cash for transfers this summer?