Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Robert Glatzel is 30 now. Cardiff paid £5.5m for him and sol

Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:44 am

Robert Glatzel is 30 now. Cardiff paid £5.5m for him and sold him to Hamburg in the German second division for just shy of £1m, with a year left on his deal. In the three seasons since, including this one, he’s averaged 20 goals a season (59 in total) and got two at the weekend

Re: Robert Glatzel is 30 now. Cardiff paid £5.5m for him and

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:28 am

I loved Glatzel, another striker we’ve been unable to get the best out of. Strikers graveyard

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 am

Was totally unsuited to the style we played at the time.

He would score goals in this team.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:04 pm

Yep, under any other manager than Warnock he would be a 20 goal a season striker in the Championship now.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:44 pm

Square peg in round hole just like all our strikers in recent history.... hopefully will now get round peg in round hole upcoming season.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:49 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Yep, under any other manager than Warnock he would be a 20 goal a season striker in the Championship now.

Agree with you The main issue was he was not great with his head but apart from that think he was potentially the best striker we had in years. The type of football played by Warnock was never going to suit him

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm

He would be excellent in a bulut team , warnock hoofed it up to him

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:57 pm

wez1927 wrote:He would be excellent in a bulut team , warnock hoofed it up to him

Agree.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:16 pm

I must be missing something, Meite (power lifter), Diedhou (big lad) he wanted Kieffer the daddy of modern target men and let
a strong 5'11" Ugbo leave as he couldn't do what he wanted?

I am not expecting anything but a 6"+athlete, not a skinny underpowered lad who struggled in the championship

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:22 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I must be missing something, Meite (power lifter), Diedhou (big lad) he wanted Kieffer the daddy of modern target men and let

I am not expecting anything but a 6"+athlete, not a skinny underpowered lad who struggled in the championship

Ugbo started games at the start of the season so that argument doesn’t stack up.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:43 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I must be missing something, Meite (power lifter), Diedhou (big lad) he wanted Kieffer the daddy of modern target men and let

Ugbo started games at the start of the season so that argument doesn’t stack up.

Of course it does, he didn't physically dominate and pin the center halfs, so was benched and let go

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:47 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Of course it does, he didn't physically dominate and pin the center halfs, so was benched and let go

No, he was benched because he did absolutely nothing.

At the start of the season, he was scoring goals so that kept him in the team. When the goals dried up, he offered nothing to the team.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

No, he was benched because he did absolutely nothing.

Bulut was after Moore and Andrej Ilic over Christmas, my take is he wants a physical presence which Glatzel wouldn't have given him