Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ We have to be in the play-offs or higher next season “

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:49 pm

David Turnbull on his start at Cardiff:

“I’ve had a good start, not an amazing one, I’ve still got a lot more to give and next season will be big for me. We have to push for the play-offs or higher.”

Re: “ We have to be in the play-offs or higher next season “

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 pm

No question of his quality, can use both feet effortlessly and can turn on a 6 pence. However, I wanna see him drive at the opposition once he's turned but he doesn't - possibly coz he just doesn't have that in his locker.

Wondering whether he'd be better as an 8??? Siopis or Ralls as the 6, Turnball at 8 and colwill at 10???

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:25 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:No question of his quality, can use both feet effortlessly and can turn on a 6 pence. However, I wanna see him drive at the opposition once he's turned but he doesn't - possibly coz he just doesn't have that in his locker.

Wondering whether he'd be better as an 8??? Siopis or Ralls as the 6, Turnball at 8 and colwill at 10???

I agree with this. I thought for a few games now that Turnbull would make a better 8 than 10 with Colwill at 10. But if Bulut is manager next season I can't see that happening cos it's too adventurous. He doesn't set up to win games, just not to concede.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:28 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Maloby_Blue wrote:No question of his quality, can use both feet effortlessly and can turn on a 6 pence. However, I wanna see him drive at the opposition once he's turned but he doesn't - possibly coz he just doesn't have that in his locker.

I agree with this. I thought for a few games now that Turnbull would make a better 8 than 10 with Colwill at 10. But if Bulut is manager next season I can't see that happening cos it's too adventurous. He doesn't set up to win games, just not to concede.

I agree. Will be great at 8.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:31 pm

He’s the natural successor to Ralls for me

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:09 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:He’s the natural successor to Ralls for me

Agree .