Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ARE LEEDS IN FOR PHILLIPS ?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 pm

Hope we can pin him down otherwise
all we do every transfer window is have to replace and find weaker replacements we really should keep hold of our best loans if they are there for the tsking we have missed out with philogene kipre last season.

Re: ARE LEEDS IN FOR PHILLIPS ?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:23 pm

Leeds don’t need another CB so I doubt they’re looking at Phillips.

They’ve got Ampadu and Rodon.

Rodon is on loan but they think they can keep him.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Leeds also have Llorente and Woober out on loan.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:00 pm

More chance of getting Kelvin Phillips back ;)

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:14 am

The article was just fluff.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:59 am

What's his value If Liverpool want to sell? Can't see a loan materialising

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:42 am

pembroke allan wrote:What's his value If Liverpool want to sell? Can't see a loan materialising

I thought he only had a year left at Liverpool but he said the other day he has two years left.

He also said he likes being at Cardiff and his girlfriend likes living in the City so that’s a good thing for us.

The fact he has two years left at Liverpool means that a loan maybe could be done.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:What's his value If Liverpool want to sell? Can't see a loan materialising

I thought he only had a year left at Liverpool but he said the other day he has two years left.

He also said he likes being at Cardiff and his girlfriend likes living in the City so that’s a good thing for us.

The fact he has two years left at Liverpool means that a loan maybe could be done.

Ned new manager for them suppose could be possible..... maybe he'll want to take look at what players are out on loan depends if need cover for right back? If loaned out again you'd think we will be favourite but sometimes they like players to try different styles/manager for their education.... anyway need 4 or 5 loanees plus 5 or 6 signings this coming season..

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:19 pm

Leeds have identified Liverpool defender Nat Phillips as a summer target. Phillips, who has impressed on loan at Cardiff, is wanted by Leeds whether the club win promotion or not.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:04 pm

Cardiff are light at centre-back, with only Goutas and McGuinness recognised senior options in that position in terms of players who have permanent contracts with the club.

Manager Bulut is on record as naming McGuinness as one of the club's most valuable and saleable assets. At 23, the Arsenal academy product has an incredibly high ceiling and if Cardiff are to change how they are viewed in the transfer market — i.e. a club who can sell and bring in cash rather than one that lets players' contracts run down to zero — they might see it fit to recoup a big fee for the former Republic of Ireland youth international in the summer. He would certainly command a significant fee given his age, potential and number of matches in English football's second and third tiers.

That, of course, would leave only Goutas and the untested Ryotaro Tsunoda, who signed for Cardiff and was loaned straight out to KV Kortrijk in January before suffering a nasty injury last month, as senior central defenders.

So, what of Phillips, then? Well, it is likely he is getting to the stage in his career where, at 27, he wants to find a permanent home. He has already said he is enjoying his life here and his partner — Liam Gallagher's daughter Molly Moorish — loves the city, which is an important and often overlooked factor.

When asked whether he would countenance a permanent move to the Welsh capital, he said: "I'd certainly consider [a return to Cardiff]. I've enjoyed my time here, I've enjoyed playing regularly. I want to continue playing regular football and enjoying my football.
"Any time you move clubs, a lot is up in the air. I've done it a few times with loans, so I would say I'm more accustomed to it than some people are. I know how to do it. I know Cardiff now and I've done that.

"It's been beneficial for me in that [Bulut has] taken a liking to me as a player. I've played regularly so that's played in my favour. Any time a player is moving they want to know who the coach is going to be and whether or not you're going to be a player for them."