Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what can this summer hold for us ?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:58 am

I wonder what the summer will look like. bulut staying or leaving, some of our better players leaving, like ng goutas sio rubin?

Is the plan just to stay in the league again or push for it?

I feel there are so many questions but no answers from the club, but as we all know, the board doesn't like communicating with the fans.

For me, we need to have bulut on a 2-year deal. We need our better players to stay and get rid of the deadwood and strengthen where the team lacks. For me, that is upfront and the winger positions with some new left and right backs with a cb cover.

We need rubin to be the centre of everything as i really feel he is a gem of a player who could quite easy dominate the championship at number 10

What are everyone's thoughts on what should change this summer, or even what you would like to see.

i thought this could be a decent topic where everyone could put there 10 pence in, and talk about what peoples ambitions would be for our club. :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: what can this summer hold for us ?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 am

Personally I am excited. I'm impatient like everyone else. Afterall this is the club I have supported since 1973.

There are clearly more on this board who know more than others, people who have more contacts, people who have personal friendships. So when someone like Annis posts that exciting things are going to happen. That's all I need to know.

I'd like Bulut to stay but if he is not here then I am confident good times are ahead

Whatever the plans are I am sure that over the next 60 days or so it will all be revealed.

Exciting times ahead

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 am

Even though its like watching paint dry Bulut knows his way around football management.

My take is he was offered a contract weeks ago and it negotiating it out. I reckon Dalman was a bit panicky yesterday as Bulut could have talked himself into Vinny withdrawing it. I don't think he has been offered enough money for him or the kitty and he is holding out. I doubt we'd have a plan B if his current offer expires.

Then who knows.

Sawyers,Ojo, Keiron Evans & Denham contract expires then its about Rinomhota, Adams

I can see NG and Wintle,Rinomhota,Adams and Robinson moving on for funds and salary release (if Bulut stays)

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:43 am

Paul Keevil wrote:Personally I am excited. I'm impatient like everyone else. Afterall this is the club I have supported since 1973.

There are clearly more on this board who know more than others, people who have more contacts, people who have personal friendships. So when someone like Annis posts that exciting things are going to happen. That's all I need to know.

I'd like Bulut to stay but if he is not here then I am confident good times are ahead

Whatever the plans are I am sure that over the next 60 days or so it will all be revealed.

Exciting times ahead

i have to agree with you, im excited for the new season aswell. i feel the crap with transfers and not being able to spend is well behind us and i feel we can now have a proper go at it.

with bulut now having a full season behind him i can only see us doing better especially with some added quality :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 am

llan bluebird wrote:Even though its like watching paint dry Bulut knows his way around football management.

My take is he was offered a contract weeks ago and it negotiating it out. I reckon Dalman was a bit panicky yesterday as Bulut could have talked himself into Vinny withdrawing it. I don't think he has been offered enough money for him or the kitty and he is holding out. I doubt we'd have a plan B if his current offer expires.

Then who knows.

Sawyers,Ojo, Keiron Evans & Denham contract expires then its about Rinomhota, Adams

I can see NG and Wintle,Rinomhota,Adams and Robinson moving on for funds and salary release (if Bulut stays)

i really hope we keep perry hes quality, but if we got 5 million we could invest in a faster wing back and add more quality.

yes for me at times the football was terrible but i cant help but feel it was a few factors like, not trusting the players he has, and also it being his first season hes trying to adapt to the way we play here.

i do feel hes waiting out a little bit for one of the options you said regarding his contract, i also think the job from turkey that he has been name dropped on is from his agent to have better negotiation power over his contract renewal.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:38 am

As i have stated on other topic we are like newcastle under mike ashley no say whatsoever from fans
suck it up the board does not feel what fans feel on the terraces example yesterday people had a belly full 4 nil down another 30 mins to play i bet the board members never felt sick to there stomach watching there club getting thrashed they propably carried on with siping pimps and bubbly tea and buiscuits laughing and joking
I as a fan i wantt the board to feel the pain i feel when we loose can you see dalhman on his yacht feeling gutted we lost
Only when you have a board with members who feel what the fans feel will we improve.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 am

Consistency is what we need now.

Give Bulut another year.

Keep the spine of the team.
Continue to integrate youth.
Allow Bulut a sensible war chest.
Go and buy some attacking players!!
Buy early in the window, none of this last minute panic buying!

Target. Improvement. Style of play to improve, more goals. Home form to improve, more fight!

I'd say if all the above, I'd be expecting a Play off push.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:26 am

Attacking exciting football that’s what I want to see next year.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:21 pm

Cantonblue.ian wrote:Attacking exciting football that’s what I want to see next year.

Agree , goals goals goals