Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Raheem Conte “

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 am

Raheem Conte’s contract was due to expire this summer.

But in his press conference, Erol Bulut said Conte’s contract has been extended.

“We have already extended his contract. So no others clubs can look at him.”

Re: “ Raheem Conte “

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:29 am

Good news.
Based on what I’ve seen over the last few games I think he’s potentially the best prospect

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:54 am

If perry ng goes he will slot in from what i have seen and is quicker yesterday he took on players with ease looked comfortable on the ball but will he get a chance if Ng stays.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:04 pm

montyblue wrote:If perry ng goes he will slot in from what i have seen and is quicker yesterday he took on players with ease looked comfortable on the ball but will he get a chance if Ng stays.

Not sure when Romeo’s contract ends but I’d be happy with NG and Conte battling it out for right back.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:If perry ng goes he will slot in from what i have seen and is quicker yesterday he took on players with ease looked comfortable on the ball but will he get a chance if Ng stays.

Not sure when Romeo’s contract ends but I’d be happy with NG and Conte battling it out for right back.

I would like to see him start at rotherham instead of romeo
he is the future.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Conte isn’t a right back. He’s a midfielder.

He’s done a good job there, but his strengths are in the middle of the park.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:16 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Conte isn’t a right back. He’s a midfielder.

Better news if a midfielder with rubin out we need someone who can run with the ball from midfield turnball looks like he is nailed to the pitch and can only turn in a circle and pass .

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:43 pm

montyblue wrote:

Better news if a midfielder with rubin out we need someone who can run with the ball from midfield turnball looks like he is nailed to the pitch and can only turn in a circle and pass .

Said for months, Turnbull needs to be the link in that midfield.

Siopis needs to do what he does. Just be a disruptive arsehole, and give the ball to Turnbull.
From what I’ve seen, Turnbull’s biggest strength is his ability to turn and get that ball forward quickly in between the lines.
Put him next to Siopis in midfield as the link between the attack and defence.
Stick Colwill or Ramsey in the front of the triangle, you watch us start picking up points.

The biggest weakness we have at the minute is how slow we are to build up attacks.
You put Turnbull in the base of that midfield to get the ball to Rubin, Ramsey and the forward players and you’d see hell of a difference.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:56 pm

montyblue wrote:

Think you’re being very harsh. He was trying to make things happen all game yesterday.

I know people like to think Colwill is the new Messi but Turnbull also offers us something.

Not all attacking players have to be someone who runs with the ball.

De Bruyne doesn’t run with the ball and he’s still a half decent player.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 pm

I thought turnbull has a good game. He’s so comfortable on the ball and usually picks out a nice pass.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:12 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I thought turnbull has a good game. He’s so comfortable on the ball and usually picks out a nice pass.

Need to play to his strengths , he needs two good strikers to pass too

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:30 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I thought turnbull has a good game. He’s so comfortable on the ball and usually picks out a nice pass.

Why I think he shouldn’t be at the top of the triangle, but instead alongside Siopis.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Be an interesting summer (if Bulut stays)

Conte is never a full back like Soba Thomas isn't but as an Wingback we are cooking on gas. Tanner proved he may still have a championship career as a wingback over the last 2 weeks as an understudy to CO'D. Then the million dollar question of what happens to Perry NG?

My criticism of our manager is just how defensive he is. A flat back stay at home back 4, 2 sitter with the wingers covering leaves a 9/2 split between defensive vs attackers. a back 3 with wingback and 2 sitters gives an 8/3 split allowing a turnbull? Rambo/Colwill 2 out of three combo with the desperately needed target man.

Turnbull will turn out to be a great acquisition

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Be an interesting summer (if Bulut stays)

Conte is never a full back like Soba Thomas isn't but as an Wingback we are cooking on gas. Tanner proved he may still have a championship career as a wingback over the last 2 weeks as an understudy to CO'D. Then the million dollar question of what happens to Perry NG?

My criticism of our manager is just how defensive he is. A flat back stay at home back 4, 2 sitter with the wingers covering leaves a 9/2 split between defensive vs attackers. a back 3 with wingback and 2 sitters gives an 8/3 split allowing a turnbull? Rambo/Colwill 2 out of three combo with the desperately needed target man.

I’d rather keep the back four but we have one 6 and two 8’s. One fullback coming in to assist the 6 and the other going forward, push the 8’s forward so you have a 5-man line of attack with two-three players behind picking passes and being able to join back in defence against any counters.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 pm

MillenniumNova wrote:

I’d rather keep the back four but we have one 6 and two 8’s. One fullback coming in to assist the 6 and the other going forward, push the 8’s forward so you have a 5-man line of attack with two-three players behind picking passes and being able to join back in defence against any counters.

I agree and Bulut did talk like that early doors then found out the championship is a bit harder than he thought so tried to brick up the goal over the winter.

Be very interesting with King coming back who is an athlete where he fits. He looked a 6 but has an engine. The vastly overrated or hugely out-of-form Siopis can't be the 6 as he is too small and gives the ball to the opposition more than the ballboys. Turnbull as an 8 with Rubin(Rambo) as the 10 would be braver than the manager has shown to date.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:39 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:

I agree and Bulut did talk like that early doors then found out the championship is a bit harder than he thought so tried to brick up the goal over the winter.

Be very interesting with King coming back who is an athlete where he fits. He looked a 6 but has an engine. The vastly overrated or hugely out-of-form Siopis can't be the 6 as he is too small and gives the ball to the opposition more than the ballboys. Turnbull as an 8 with Rubin(Rambo) as the 10 would be braver than the manager has shown to date.

Agree with Siopis, does the dirty work but no way he can he control the midfield as a 6. I do feel like this is an underrated problem of need for our squad. Interesting to see how King takes the step up as you mentioned.

Turnbull, Ramsey and Rubin definitely to fight for the 8’s and 10 positions but I’d also like to see us add one more as Ramsey probably doesn’t count with his injuries.

Fullbacks are a huge need IMO, pace or not, that’s okay, I just need them to be comfortable on the ball and have no issues as acting-midfielders who can string a few passes.

Striker, please someone who is excellent with off-ball movement, can even drop back sometimes to help maintain possession. A physical body on the bench who can come on and win aerial battles or used in those type of games needed.

Not asking a lot…