Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Callum Robinson

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 pm

What do we do about Robinson - keep him or try and move him on?

Thought he did alright when he came on today. Showed some nice touches and was unselfish to give Bowler a tap in instead of shooting himself.

I’m one of his biggest critics but there’s no doubt he is a top player at this level when he’s fit and his attitude is right.

The problem is that hasn’t been the case for a while.

Re: Callum Robinson

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 pm

I think the answer to that question depends on what happens with Bulut.

If Bulut stays I can see the club trying to get rid of Robinson.

I'm not sure Bulut really rates Robinson and of course dropped him for a couple of weeks for disciplinary reasons.

If Bulut goes it may be different.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:What do we do about Robinson - keep him or try and move him on?

Thought he did alright when he came on today. Showed some nice touches and was unselfish to give Bowler a tap in instead of shooting himself.

I’m one of his biggest critics but there’s no doubt he is a top player at this level when he’s fit and his attitude is right.

Not sure where he fits in this system or what is his best position is nowadays.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:What do we do about Robinson - keep him or try and move him on?

Not much point in keeping him if you aren't going to play him. Cardiff City play with a big target man up front to hold the ball up front [heavens knows why], so if you intend to keep him warming the bench for 6 months then better all round for him to go - we'll have the prolific Etete back next season..