Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dalman / Choo & Erol Bulut

Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm

All three were in the Press Conference:

Hmmm?

When a question was put to Bulut about his future, Dalman intercepted it by saying: "Why don't you let me have dinner with him tonight?"

Dalman was virtually stopping Bulut speak.

Clearly, a decision on the manager's future is imminent. Even at 4-0 down, those in the Canton Stand were heard singing "Erol Bulut, we want you to stay" despite a chastening afternoon on the pitch.

When Bulut did eventually answer, he said: "It's up to the board. The chairman is here as you can all see (in press room) and he gave the answer before. We hope it's positive from both sides."

The manager, who will be attending the end-of-season awards evening at the stadium on Saturday evening along with the board members, did say that the top brass are happy with the progress which has been made this season.

"The last game at home, we wanted to win in front of the fans, it didn't happen. If we see the whole season, until now, I am personally satisfied with the season," he said.

"I think our fans and our board are satisfied with where we are now.”

“I want to stay that’s all I can say.”

We have one more game left against Rotherham. We could have had a few points more but we have built really good and progressed as a club this season. Cardiff can only build on it."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dalman / Choo & Erol Bulut

Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 pm

Come on Dalman, get that contract in front of him tonight.

But very strange behaviour by Dalman in the press conference, not even sure why he was there.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm

It's madness, today was the the day to announce whatever is happening.

Even though it's like watching paint dry I am not opposed to Bulut staying, just tell us whats happening !!!!!

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:It's madness, today was the the day to announce whatever is happening.

Even though it's like watching paint dry I am not opposed to Bulut staying, just tell us whats happening !!!!!

Even though I would, I really don't want to watch paint dry next season.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 pm

Regardless of what people think about the football, bulut has done his job then some.

Give the man a 2 year deal and a fair crack in the summer to bring in what he wants, it's the very least he deserves for what can only be seen as a job done season.

Now no more cost cutting let's get a plan and get this club where it should be, I'm not alone when I say im fed up of no future plan and lack of commitment to our managers

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:36 pm

question 1
why was dalman in the press conference when he did not do anything but interupt Bulut?

question 2
He said the board are happy with bulut but Tan might not be?

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:question 1
why was dalman in the press conference when he did not do anything but interupt Bulut?

question 2

I think Dalman has persuaded Tan to give Bulut an extension under the condition there is no money to invest in the squad.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

question 2

I think Dalman has persuaded Tan to give Bulut an extension under the condition there is no money to invest in the squad.

If Tan has been persuaded to give Bulut another season without the funds then I think Bulut will walk. Because he managed a team in the champions league and he will simply not like to continue the job without the funds to improve the team.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

question 2

If Tan has been persuaded to give Bulut another season without the funds then I think Bulut will walk. Because he managed a team in the champions league and he will simply not like to continue the job without the funds to improve the team.
How much is funds ?

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

question 2

I remember Dalman saying champions league manager, where and when?

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 pm

Sounds as if going to announce it after dinner ! As for on the proviso no funds will be available thats fanciful thinking considering he'll be in demand and dont have to take a job with those conditions attached to it.... I do wonder sometimes... :roll:

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Sounds as if going to announce it after dinner ! As for on the proviso no funds will be available thats fanciful thinking considering he'll be in demand and dont have to take a job with those conditions attached to it.... I do wonder sometimes... :roll:

I was under the impression that the ball is in the clubs’ court. If we say we want him, he stays.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Sounds as if going to announce it after dinner ! As for on the proviso no funds will be available thats fanciful thinking considering he'll be in demand and dont have to take a job with those conditions attached to it.... I do wonder sometimes... :roll:

I was under the impression that the ball is in the clubs’ court. If we say we want him, he stays.

Yes it is but to say can have job but with no funds is ??? We need 9 or 10 players guess can recruit the under 23 team to be promoted to 1st team squad. :roll:

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 pm

Every club pleads poverty, I expect no difference this off season

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Every club pleads poverty, I expect no difference this off season

Even more poverty next season for most clubs so big fights for the best freebies and loans.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yes it is but to say can have job but with no funds is ??? We need 9 or 10 players guess can recruit the under 23 team to be promoted to 1st team squad. :roll:

But who none look anything special.
I’m not sure about bulut he’s definitely nothing special at all but may be better than what we can get. His football is awful, he blames everyone else, cries like a baby when he doesn’t get what he wants. To me he seems pretty untrustworthy.
But on the flip side we higher than most expected us to be he inherited a weak squad and had an embargo to deal with so many he has a lot more to offer and with that will come more entertaining football.
If I was pushed for an answer I’d say may as well keep him see how he does. But if they got rid of him I wouldn’t be to upset or shocked.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 pm

Watch how the manager leaves. To much damaged been done in the back ground. I really feel this.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:33 pm

Ibby wrote:Watch how the manager leaves. To much damaged been done in the back ground. I really feel this.

Please elaborate.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:56 am

Just watched the press conference, very interesting.

Not only did Dalman interrupt when he said “I’m going to have dinner with Erol tonight.”

But also when the press asked Bulut again, the press officer stopped them and said “we’ve already said enough for now.”

Does sound like Dalman is sorting out the contract extension this weekend.