Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bulut and his inconsistent team

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 pm

Why are we so inconsistent, can bulut motivate them week in week out ? .

Re: Bulut and his inconsistent team

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 pm

Very inconsistent.

Felt like it was anyones game until they scored just before half time. Second half we were never really in the game.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:12 pm

A team without ambition due to the coach.

I want stability but It's like watching paint dry, he is far too negative for the championship and shows no sign of sussing it. It's not just players, it's him.

In the first half there were countless breaks that were "on" but for no one moving out of position.

Congratulations to the Canton who at 4-0 out of a sign of belligerence created an atmosphere our pedestrian tactics can't muster. We are a very loyal fan base at the ground :clap: :clap:

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 pm

llan bluebird wrote:A team without ambition due to the coach.

I want stability but It's like watching paint dry, he is far too negative for the championship and shows no sign of sussing it. It's not just players, it's him.

In the first half there were countless breaks that were "on" but for no one moving out of position.

Congratulations to the Canton who at 4-0 out of a sign of belligerence created an atmosphere our pedestrian tactics can't muster. We are a very loyal fan base at the ground :clap: :clap:

I know what you mean about the breaks. It's so frustrating to watch. I'm not a fan of Bowler but he's the only 1 that doesn't get a nose bleed when he passes the half way line. No1 else looks remotely dangerous.

Turnball is good on the ball but you never see him run at the opposition and there's no real pace there...and why we don't cross the ball more I'll never know (suppose a striker to aim for would help though).

Every time Middlesborough broke today, they broke with real intensity and speed, and their central midfielders were quick to support the attack. Yet Ralls and Siopis barely leave our half.

I actually thought Middlesborough were bang average too!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:48 am

wez1927 wrote:Why are we so inconsistent, can bulut motivate them week in week out ? .

I don't think it is motivation I think its tactics.

The fashion nowadays is for a tight narrow back four, compact the space. But that leaves space outside the full backs, if the opposition has the players with the skill and stamina and the coach has the balls to sit their fullbacks or wingers high, our wide "forwards" are obliged to come back and cover so it is a back 6 with two narrow sitters, the counter is almost impossible, especially with a big slow target man as your outlet.
We generally beat these teams only through set plays or last 10 minutes of do-or-die moments. That is our game plan!

Its why i think he'll pop another centre half in and play with wingbacks next season as we have little counter to teams playing with genuine width and intent. He may be able to swap one of the two sitting "dogs" for a more cultured player (Turnbull type).

If we keep the narrow back 4, two sitters then I expect the better teams to arrive at the CCS with the intent to own that space outside the fullbacks all season. The not-so-good teams tend to also be compact with 2 sitters and haven't got the ammo or balls to go for it. Then Bulutball works.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:01 am

Think I'd prefer Keeganball, Kloppball or Farkeball. I want winning football, chances created regularly, entertainment. Is that idealistic or too much to ask?

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:08 am

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Think I'd prefer Keeganball, Kloppball or Farkeball. I want winning football, chances created regularly, entertainment. Is that idealistic or too much to ask?

The most successful periods have been under malky and warnock were the football was crap butbloads of chances and the ball was in tje final 1/3rd a lot

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:23 am

Fair point Wez.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:25 am

Whats missing is two attacking midfielders can see that with siopis having no one to find going forward he as to either hold on to ball to long or needs to go back there is a total disconnect between defence and attack two holding midfielders is fine if got a rambo type player ahead of them unfortunately we haven’t since Rambo out..... no idea if this will be addressed next season as hard to fathom out buluts style of play from week to week hence inconsistencies