Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Coach leaves quietly ( Cardiff City )

Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:55 pm

Coach leaves quietly just months after appointment

Darren Davies has left Cardiff City:

He’s the 3rd coach to leave in last 12months.

Davies, formerly the assistant of Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglu, was appointed to the club's coaching staff last autumn, with Cardiff looking to emulate a system which had been in place at Liverpool.

His focus was to bring through academy players into the first team, bridging the gap between age-grade and senior football while introducing training sessions on Thursdays for fringe first teamers and the best crop of academy talent.

Academy chief Gavin Chesterfield and first-team coaches were excited by the appointment, particularly following the opening of the new site in Llanrumney, as Cardiff looked to push through and maximise the potential of their young guns.

Davies was highly rated and will be a big loss to the Accademy, he left 4weeks ago.

Re: Coach leaves quietly ( Cardiff City )

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 pm

Any ideas why?

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 pm

Where’s he gone to?

I know David Hughes has gone from strength to strength since getting involved with the academy at Man Utd, they think he’s brilliant.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:20 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Where’s he gone to?

I know David Hughes has gone from strength to strength since getting involved with the academy at Man Utd, they think he’s brilliant.

Looks like we are picking up good coaches only for bigger clubs to entice them away.. bit like our youngsters. :roll:

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 pm

Thought we’d bought a new fleet of electric coaches.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm

Its not going to be the last time I'm afraid.

With us not being a cat 1, the coaches will probably want to watch the development of the players and get them to a first team if possible.

We have to get cat 1 to stop other clubs being able to sign our young prospects so easily.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:52 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Thought we’d bought a new fleet of electric coaches.

;)

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:58 am

I’m sure Darren is from port talbot think he was on spurs books when he was younger think he played for Dover and a few other clubs

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:02 am

On my last 2 visits I sat with two coaches who are now at Man United and were visiting friends and family, they said it needs a total clear out At Cardiff City, that it’s run unprofessional, not my words

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:06 am

cardiff 74 wrote:I’m sure Darren is from port talbot think he was on spurs books when he was younger think he played for Dover and a few other clubs

Yes I am right it is the same Darren Davies that I know from port talbot I played with his dad at afan lido Darren been around spent time in Australia left Swansea to come to us he came highly recommended so why have we let another coach go

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:I’m sure Darren is from port talbot think he was on spurs books when he was younger think he played for Dover and a few other clubs

Yes I am right it is the same Darren Davies that I know from port talbot I played with his dad at afan lido Darren been around spent time in Australia left Swansea to come to us he came highly recommended so why have we let another coach go

You don't let them go they go on their own accord for whatever reason ... but at moment it's musical chairs when it comes to backroom staff in football
So many moved its incredible...