Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Cardiff City v Middlesbrough?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:30 pm

Cardiff City win (12/5)
85%
Middlesbrough win (21/20)
5%
Draw (13/5)
10%

Total votes : 20

MATCH THREAD: CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH “ MATCH THREAD

Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:30 pm

CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH
Saturday 27th April, 3pm
Sky Bet Championship
Cardiff City Stadium

Cardiff City XI: Horvath; Romeo, Goutas, Phillips, Tanner; Siopis, Ralls; Ashford, Turnbull, Bowler; Diedhiou.

Subs: Turner, Lawlor, Giles, Wintle, Conte, J. Colwill, Antwi, Sawyers, Robinson

Boro are bringing a hell of a following 1,600 at least, All that way, for nothing to play for .

Maybe We will take to Rotherham 2,000 away fans, a lot nearer for our last away game.

THIS SATURDAY 3pm

Should get a good crowd

Get 50% off tickets for our final home game of the season!

Individual pre-matchday ticket prices start from £11 for Adults and £5 for U16s

PAY ON THE DAY FOR CARDIFF CITY FANS & BORO FANS:

Erol Bulut:

“ I believe in them and they will deliver.”

"Of course we will try to use young players again," Bulut said. "My bench will be full of U21 players because of the amount of injuries we have. But I trust them and I believe them, they are the future of the club.

"When we look at how those three guys last week played [Cian Ashford, Luey Giles and Raheem Conte] I hope this was a good signal for the other U21 players who will be on the bench to show themselves. Everybody, I think, is waiting for those minutes to show something.

"The mentality of those young guys is really good. Not one of them is flying, they keep their feet on the ground and it is a good sign

Erol Bulut will be putting up to 6 Under 21 players
in to the match day squad.

Erol Bulut has confirmed Yakou Meite has suffered a grade two tear on his calf and will be out for the remainder of the season.

Aaron Ramsey to miss rest of season through injury. Started seven games on his Cardiff return, finished just one of those.

Adding to the club's injury woes are player of the season candidate Perry Ng is doubtful.

TEAM NEWS:

EROL BULUT:

“We have a number of players out injured for the season.”:

“NG and Alnwick will miss the final games.”

“Callum O'Dowda could be out for the rest of the season.”

“Kion and Josh are out for the rest of the season.”

“Mark McGuinness is out for the season.”

“Aaron Ramsey is out for the season.”

The Opposition's Manager

Michael Carrick has been Boro manager since October 2022.

Last season, he took them from the bottom three to the play-offs.

He also had a coaching spell with Manchester United, where he was briefly caretaker manager.

Opposition Dangerous Players

Emmanuel Latte Lath has twelve league goals this season.

Finn Azaz has ten league goals this season, including seven with his time at Plymouth in the first half of the season.

Head To Head 

Middlesbrough beat us 2-0 in October.

They have won four of the last five meetings, with us only winning one.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Horvath, Romeo, Goutas, Phillips, Tanner, Siopis, Ralls, Turnbull, Colwill, Ashford, Meite

Middlesbrough: Dieng, Ayling, Van den Berg, Clarke, Engel, Howson, O’Brien, Azaz, Jones, Silvera, Latte Lath

Last Game

We beat Southampton on Saturday.

Middlesbrough lost at home to Leeds on Monday night, live on Sky.

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 12/5
Middlesbrough - 21/20
Draw - 13/5

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH “ MATCH THREA

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:04 am

A prize fight.

If we win, we go (and likely stay with Rotherham next) above them so 1 position higher at least. That is worth extra cash.

Unleash the youngsters, give them a %age uplift for the win :laughing6:

Re: LATEST NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH “ MATCH THREA

Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:23 pm

PAY ON THE DAY FOR CARDIFF CITY FANS

Aaron Ramsey to miss rest of season through injury. Started seven games on his Cardiff return, finished just one of those.

Adding to the club's injury woes are player of the season candidate Perry Ng is doubtful.

TEAM NEWS:

EROL BULUT:

“We have a number of players out injured for the season.”:

“Callum O'Dowda could be out for the rest of the season.”

“Kion and Josh are out for the rest of the season.”

“Mark McGuinness is out for the season.”

“Aaron Ramsey is out for the season.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TEAM NEWS: “ CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH “ MATCH THREAD

Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:47 pm

01/04/2024 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 28,529 Away Support 1,680

06/04/2024 Cardiff City 1 Hull City 3 Crowd 20,688 Away Support 885

10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City 0 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 20,854 Away Support 590

13/04/2024 Millwall 3 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 18,838 Away Support. 1,390

20/04/2024 Cardiff City 2 Southampton 1 Crowd 22,372 Away Support 3,193

27/04/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Middlesbrough Crowd Away Support

04/05/2024 12:30 Rotherham United v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support

Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:21 pm

Middlesbrough play Leeds tonight, live on Sky Sports.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:22 pm

Current Form:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:25 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238943&mobile=desktop

Huddersfield v Brum

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:04 pm

Monday night result:

Middlesbrough 3-4 Leeds

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:13 pm

After tonight result

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:41 pm

Updated:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:02 pm

Promotion-chasing Leeds United climbed to second in the Championship with a thrilling victory at Middlesbrough which ended their three-game winless run.

Middlesbrough boss Michael Carrick told BBC Radio Tees:

"I largely enjoyed it. I thought it was a good game of football and we more than contributed to that.

"I thought there was a lot for the boys to be proud of. I'm happy really for the performance but gutted for the result.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:10 am

Erol Bulut My Future is out of my hands:

Cardiff City boss Erol Bulut remained tight-lipped on his future after the Bluebirds' 2-1 win over Southampton.

Fans sang in support of Bulut, whose contract expires in the summer, and chanted they wanted him to stay at the club.

Bulut says he appreciates the support but reiterated that a decision on his future will come first and foremost from Cardiff's owners.

Asked about fans chanting for him to stay, Bulut said: “Of course, if you have support from the fans, from the board and everything is really positive here.
"I don't want to speak too much about this situation, it's up to the board either way. I appreciate this.
"The board, I think, they have opinions and thinking for the future of the club. I think they will make the right decision for the club.”

"For my side, I hope to make the right decision for myself and my future."

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:31 am

Updated:

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:55 pm

Lewis O'Brien impresses, but a real test for next season seems unlikely now -

Lewis O'Brien continues to look really impressive in Boro's midfield. With a drive and positivity in possession and real energy and determination out of it, the Nottingham Forest loan man looks tailor-made for 'Carrick-ball', and looks to be really enjoying his period in the team after such a frustrating season thanks to injury.

The summer will be a really interesting one for the 25-year-old, with two years still remaining on his Nottingham Forest deal. Things are still uncertain at the City Ground as to what division they will play in next season and that probably leaves doubt as to whether O'Brien will be available in the summer. Added to that is the uncertainty over the finances required to do a deal and whether, for Boro, they would be viable.

O'Brien has certainly proven himself a valuable player across these last ten games in which Boro have been far stronger. The real shame, with next season in mind, is that the one test we haven't seen, and probably won't now, is if he and Hayden Hackney can function together.

Two quality midfielders on the ball, the right-foot, left-foot combination makes for a perfect balance in that regard. However, with both very positive, forward-minded midfielders, one potential uncertainty would be whether the pair can play together without leaving Boro's defence too exposed.

It's something that might have to be considered when looking at what direction to go in with regard to strengthening the midfield in the summer, but sadly something that evidence is unlikely to be provided for.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:57 pm

Bangura's return brings focus to interesting summer transfer dilemma -

One interesting element of last night was Alex Bangura's return to action. A 20-minute cameo after being out since January, Bangura immediately looked bright getting up and down the left wing - producing far more in attack in the short period than Luke Thomas in the 68 minutes prior. Using his pace, he also got back well to make one excellent last-ditch recovery tackle.

It was all an example of how, for a long time, Bangura has looked like Boro's best current option in terms of making that role look as close as it did last season, when it was such an important position in terms of how Boro played.

Unfortunately, Bangura just hasn't been able to get a good run in the team, with injuries impacting him since he pulled his hamstring just 60 minutes into his debut at Blackburn Rovers. Without Bangura for most of the season, Carrick's preferred system has had to be tweaked, with neither Lukas Engel - who missed out for personal reasons last night - or Thomas quite producing the same kind of attacking quality.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:55 am

Updated:

Leicester City 5 Southampton 0

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:09 am

Now that Middlesbrough are out of the running for a playoff place,will they rest players and play some of there youngsters.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:52 pm

CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH

THIS SATURDAY 3pm

Should get a good crowd

Get 50% off tickets for our final home game of the season!

Individual pre-matchday ticket prices start from £11 for Adults and £5 for U16s

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:32 pm

Middlesbrough resume Championship action on Saturday afternoon as they travel to southeast Wales to face Cardiff City.

Michael Carrick‘s side are out of the promotion picture and have little riding on the remaining two games of the season.

Though, that gives the Boro boss a chance to assess some of his fringe players, who may get the opportunity to impress.

Academy stars such as Sonny Finch may feature, so too might a rarely-seen 23-year-old who hasn’t started a game all season.

Matthew Hoppe joined Middlesbrough during the summer of 2022, arriving from LaLiga outfit RCD Mallorca for a fee believed to be in the region of £2.5m.

Hoppe’s career on Teesside hasn’t gone according to plan at all, as he’s made just six appearances without a goal or an assist.

The eight-cap USA international has been shipped out on two loan spells to Hibernian and San Jose, both with limited success, and returned from the latter at the end of last year.
The 23-year-old hasn’t had a look in since but did feature on the bench in the 4-3 defeat to Leeds United on Monday evening.

Now, whilst Hoppe clearly isn’t in Carrick’s plans, he should at least make an appearance against Cardiff to put him in the shop window ahead of the fast-approaching transfer window.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:38 am

Middlesbrough have won 2 of their last 7 games and can No longer make the play-offs:

The Riversiders arrive in South Wales currently sitting ninth in the table, with no mathematical chance of reaching the Play-Offs.

Carrick’s side have recorded 17 points less than their total at the end of last season, in which they finished fourth in the table.

Their last six fixtures have resulted in nine points, which leaves them ninth in the form table.

Last time out, Boro fell to a dramatic 4-3 defeat to Leeds United at the Riverside Stadium.

The side have been much better away from home this season, with their away form ranking sixth in the division, while their home record is 15th.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:39 am

Middlesbrough have won 2 of their last 7 games and can No longer make the play-offs:

The Riversiders arrive in South Wales currently sitting ninth in the table, with no mathematical chance of reaching the Play-Offs.

Carrick’s side have recorded 17 points less than their total at the end of last season, in which they finished fourth in the table.

Their last six fixtures have resulted in nine points, which leaves them ninth in the form table.

Last time out, Boro fell to a dramatic 4-3 defeat to Leeds United at the Riverside Stadium.

The side have been much better away from home this season, with their away form ranking sixth in the division, while their home record is 15th.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:38 am

I watch that Middlesborough and Leeds game. Leeds were on their top form and had to be to come away with the win.

This is going to be a difficult game for us and I do hope Bulut does play the youngsters. We will get a good measure of them from this game.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:00 pm

Erol Bulut has confirmed Yakou Meite has suffered a grade two tear on his calf and will be out for the remainder of the season

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Erol Bulut has confirmed Yakou Meite has suffered a grade two tear on his calf and will be out for the remainder of the season

Farmer dido to lead the front line then what the f.ck is going on with the players 10/12 players injured.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 pm

Middlesbrough have nothing more but pride to play for this weekend as they head to Cardiff City for their penultimate game of the 2023-24 season.

Boro now know they can no longer finish in the top-six and secure a play-off place and therefore attentions have turned towards the summer and next season. Despite that, Michael Carrick has made clear that, while he will try and give opportunities where possible, his priority is still to pick a team that will have the best chance of winning the game in South Wales.

Carrick will welcome back loanees Luke Ayling and Sam Greenwood to the fold, but said there wasn't expected to be any other changes to his squad. With that in mind, and with opportunities for younger players still likely to come from the bench rather than the start, here's our predicted Boro team for Saturday.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 am

Last night:

Leicester Promoted:

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 am

Erol Bulut:

“ I believe in them and they will deliver.”

"Of course we will try to use young players again," Bulut said. "My bench will be full of U21 players because of the amount of injuries we have. But I trust them and I believe them, they are the future of the club.

"When we look at how those three guys last week played [Cian Ashford, Luey Giles and Raheem Conte] I hope this was a good signal for the other U21 players who will be on the bench to show themselves. Everybody, I think, is waiting for those minutes to show something.

"The mentality of those young guys is really good. Not one of them is flying, they keep their feet on the ground and it is a good sign

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 am

Boro are bringing 1,600 fans , a hell of a following all that way for a nothing game.

Maybe We will take 2,000 away fans to Rotherham for our last away game.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 pm

Match odds

Cardiff City - 5/2

Draw - 12/5

Middlesbrough - Evens

Re: MATCH THREAD: CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH “ MATCH THREA

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 pm

Cardiff City XI: Horvath; Romeo, Goutas, Phillips, Tanner; Siopis, Ralls; Ashford, Turnbull, Bowler; Diedhiou.

Subs: Turner, Lawlor, Giles, Wintle, Conte, J. Colwill, Antwi, Sawyers, Robinson