Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY WANT OVER €120M FROM NANTES “

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:58 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Here we go Tan costing our club fortunes, if only he would concentrate more on the running of our club and the team.

I agree, Tan clearly just trying to make up for money he has spent during his Tenure, pitiful this is happening

Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:11 pm

What's new? We all know that Tan was going after nante/mackey so a figure as been put on it that was bandid about previously! So nothing new or changed ;)

Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:08 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Here we go Tan costing our club fortunes, if only he would concentrate more on the running of our club and the team.

I agree, Tan clearly just trying to make up for money he has spent during his Tenure, pitiful this is happening
so owners should just lose there money ? .

Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:10 pm

Trust chair Keith Morgan provides an update on Cardiff City Football Club’s (CCFC) claim against FC Nantes over the Emiliano Sala transfer.

I have previously provided Trust members with regular updates on this matter, and the linked issue of a legal action against the agent involved Willie McKay. Discussions with sources involved now enable me to provide the following further update.

FC Nantes` initial defence to Cardiff City`s damages claim in May last year was lodged in November and was considered by CCFC to be a very poor one as its basis was that Willie McKay did not act for them in the transfer and did nothing wrong.

Since the lodging of the defence CCFC commenced an action against Willie McKay to discover documentation and correspondence contradicting FC Nantes` defence claims. This action is not yet finalised but is progressing.

CCFC has now lodged a more detailed claim with the Commercial Court in Nantes setting out Willie McKay`s negligent actions leading to the fatal plane crash where Emiliano Sala tragically lost his life and why, under French law, his actions as their agent makes FC Nantes liable for CCFC`s consequent financial loss. The claim is in excess of Euros 100m.

Leading football analysts have forecast the probability of Cardiff City not being relegated if Sala had played at 54%-62%.

A judge is due to review the updated claim document tomorrow (Monday, April 22).

Keith Morgan, Chair

Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:Trust chair Keith Morgan provides an update on Cardiff City Football Club’s (CCFC) claim against FC Nantes over the Emiliano Sala transfer.

I have previously provided Trust members with regular updates on this matter, and the linked issue of a legal action against the agent involved Willie McKay. Discussions with sources involved now enable me to provide the following further update.

FC Nantes` initial defence to Cardiff City`s damages claim in May last year was lodged in November and was considered by CCFC to be a very poor one as its basis was that Willie McKay did not act for them in the transfer and did nothing wrong.

Since the lodging of the defence CCFC commenced an action against Willie McKay to discover documentation and correspondence contradicting FC Nantes` defence claims. This action is not yet finalised but is progressing.

CCFC has now lodged a more detailed claim with the Commercial Court in Nantes setting out Willie McKay`s negligent actions leading to the fatal plane crash where Emiliano Sala tragically lost his life and why, under French law, his actions as their agent makes FC Nantes liable for CCFC`s consequent financial loss. The claim is in excess of Euros 100m.

Leading football analysts have forecast the probability of Cardiff City not being relegated if Sala had played at 54%-62%.

A judge is due to review the updated claim document tomorrow (Monday, April 22).

Keith Morgan, Chair

Dalmans PA at it again , Free office etc

300 members out of 14,500 Season Ticket Holders and we average 22,000 home fans.

I absolutely don’t read a thing Dalmans PA writes, lost All respect for him .

Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Just win the case first against Nantes as we lost it three times already saying they were at fault.

This is why our club loses so much money.

You need to say all this on FB as well Wez

Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:04 pm

I hope Keith's posts continue as it's fair to hear an alternative view.
Cheers for update.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Just win the case first against Nantes as we lost it three times already saying they were at fault.

Annis, please explain to us why you are so set against these court precedings? I suspect, if it was your company and you felt that you had suffered wrong doing that cost you 10's of millions of pounds, you would seek redress?

If that is the case, and please state if you would not, why are you so vehemently against Tan pursuing this?

We go back a long way mate but I don't understand your position on this matter! :bluebird:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:07 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Annis, please explain to us why you are so set against these court precedings? I suspect, if it was your company and you felt that you had suffered wrong doing that cost you 10's of millions of pounds, you would seek redress?

If that is the case, and please state if you would not, why are you so vehemently against Tan pursuing this?

We go back a long way mate but I don't understand your position on this matter! :bluebird:

Jim,

First we have not proved it was Nantes fault quite the opposite.

We have already £millions in interest and costs and I 100% believe we are going to win this latest Court Case which will go and on again.

If I really believed we would win, I would be for it.

Tan needs to either sell up this Summer or finally concentrate on the running of our club day to day.

None of them are running it properly and that’s a fact.

Jim, we have known each other a long time and I like you what the best for our club.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Jim,

We have already £millions in interest and costs and I 100% believe we are going to win this latest Court Case which will go and on again.

Tan needs to either sell up this Summer or finally concentrate on the running of our club day to day.

Jim, we have known each other a long time and I like you what the best for our club.

On your points about Tan leaving us, I totally agree. I have given him the benefit of the doubt for far too long now. The best for all of us is if he leaves very soon.

On the court case I disagree, I think it's fair and right that this matter is pursued. Yes, a lot of money has gone into failed court cases re Sala. But I think they were to get to this point of civil law. I believe we have a strong case and therefore it should be pursued. :bluebird:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:17 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Jim,

On your points about Tan leaving us, I totally agree. I have given him the benefit of the doubt for far too long now. The best for all of us is if he leaves very soon.

On the court case I disagree, I think it's fair and right that this matter is pursued. Yes, a lot of money has gone into failed court cases re Sala. But I think they were to get to this point of civil law. I believe we have a strong case and therefore it should be pursued. :bluebird:

Jim,

Once the deal was done for Sala, Sala was our player and Nantes were NO longer responsible for him we were totally.

Jim,

What’s our Strong case??

Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:48 pm

None of us know what will happen in a French civil court.

However, my money is on Tan getting £15m plus all costs back as a minimum.

What the critics of Tan are failing to acknowledge is that OUR club is the only one of the two to even contribute to the Sala trust. Nantes have pocketed the full £15m and not paid a penny to the family of a player who served them for a number of seasons. In addition to recklessly using an unregistered agent who arranged an unfit pilot to fly an unfit for purpose plane.

Surely any fair minded person, never mind City fan, would want to see Nantes nailed for their negligence or does the anti Tan bias preclude fair mindedness ?

Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Jim,

Jim,

Once the deal was done for Sala, Sala was our player and Nantes were NO longer responsible for him we were totally.

Jim,

What’s our Strong case??

Depends what the contract says really , he wasn't registered with the premier league

Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:

Jim,

Jim,

Jim,

What’s our Strong case??

Unless anyone has seen the court file we don’t know the full case now being considered. However, we know that this is now nothing to do with ownership of the player, that’s been resolved in Nantes favour and we’ve paid the fee on that basis.

However, Nantes employed an unregistered agent, who arranged the pilot and flight in, what will be argued, a negligent manner.

The claim for the £120m is unlikely to succeed but a proportion of that, the fee and all costs is quite likely to succeed particularly if it passes this review stage. If there is no merit in the case I presume the adjudicator will throw it out now.

If it isn’t struck out I would guess Nantes insurers will almost certainly look to settle out of court pretty rapidly as they will know things are not likely to go their way.

I think this is likely to get resolved more quickly than people are thinking.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:20 pm

piledriver64 wrote:None of us know what will happen in a French civil court.

However, my money is on Tan getting £15m plus all costs back as a minimum.

What the critics of Tan are failing to acknowledge is that OUR club is the only one of the two to even contribute to the Sala trust. Nantes have pocketed the full £15m and not paid a penny to the family of a player who served them for a number of seasons. In addition to recklessly using an unregistered agent who arranged an unfit pilot to fly an unfit for purpose plane.

Surely any fair minded person, never mind City fan, would want to see Nantes nailed for their negligence or does the anti Tan bias preclude fair mindedness ?

Well this court case is not about whos player he was so why its being used in argument god knows... this is purely about liability something the club is duty bound to pursue so that things can be put to bed permanently....strangely it won't matter if club wins case because same old crap be brought up that will have nothing to do with this particular action .

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:02 pm

The club HAS to pursue this case as surely everyone can see the Nantes negligence.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:03 pm

I’m certainly not Tan’s biggest fan and would be happy to see the back of him

However, I just don’t get this criticism of him pursuing Nantes.. Be honest with yourselves if it’s was your own personal money that you had lost can anyone at all honestly say they would just walk away and not at least try to get your money back??

It’s easy for any of us to say just walk away because it’s not us who have lost £20 million

I certainly wouldn’t let that parasite McKay get away Scott free!!

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:46 pm

I would love us to win and get all our money back, plus more.

Would I continue if it was my money, I would be turning to lawyers and advisors and would 100% listen.

Does Tan, well he’s a different type of person shall we say??

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:34 pm

Quite right this case is proceeding. After all, justice should be recognised by either side.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:25 am

Shouldn't the pfa make this payment ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:51 am

Yesterday:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238949

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 am

Good shout Mr Borley, perhaps some might see past their hatred and realise our club has acted properly.