Re: Erol Bulut: 19 wins this season currently have the mos

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:40 am

100% agree Errol Bulut needs to be given a contract

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:43 am

Spot on, well put.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:29 pm

It is a results business and our results are decent unlike the football, but he would have learned a lot so I doubt we'll go backwards.

Surely there's more to the "non-offer" than meets the eye?

Either Erol's agent is deep in negotiations or someone else is taking over so nobody want's to make a big decision like renewing the first team managers contract

Surely needs to be sorted by next weeks game

Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:55 pm

Agreed, I’ve flip flopped and never been 100% behind Bulut but stats don’t lie. Best season for ages and not one fan, and I mean not one, wouldn’t have been more than satisfied if offered this season at the end of last.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:24 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Agreed, I’ve flip flopped and never been 100% behind Bulut but stats don’t lie. Best season for ages and not one fan, and I mean not one, wouldn’t have been more than satisfied if offered this season at the end of last.

When were you elected spokesperson for us all? I certainly hadn’t been asked my option before pre-season. If I had my response would be entertaining exciting football, we certainly didn’t get that so m not satisfied.
Just for a bit of background information what league we play in for me is second to entertainment value it’s not all about the premier league for me. :old: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:03 pm

Cantonblue.ian wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:Agreed, I’ve flip flopped and never been 100% behind Bulut but stats don’t lie. Best season for ages and not one fan, and I mean not one, wouldn’t have been more than satisfied if offered this season at the end of last.

When were you elected spokesperson for us all? I certainly hadn’t been asked my option before pre-season. If I had my response would be entertaining exciting football, we certainly didn’t get that so m not satisfied.
Just for a bit of background information what league we play in for me is second to entertainment value it’s not all about the premier league for me. :old: :old: :bluebird:

Appointed yesterday afternoon

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:19 pm

But I stand by my statement, and opinion. I don’t believe any fan would have been disappointed with the season we’ve had.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:48 pm

Bulut has done fairly well all things considered but there are some caveats - to date we've lost more matches than we've won, we have a minus GD (which with a good striker or perhaps more front foot tactics might have been different) and finally, our home form has not been hugely improved from the last piss poor season.

Bulut has had to work from a very low bar as City missed relegation by a whisker last year. Cannot argue its a much improved season though.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:51 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
Cantonblue.ian wrote:

Appointed yesterday afternoon

lol.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:19 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:But I stand by my statement, and opinion. I don’t believe any fan would have been disappointed with the season we’ve had.

From a position and points I am extremely happy From a entertaining point of view I am very disappointed

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:55 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:But I stand by my statement, and opinion. I don’t believe any fan would have been disappointed with the season we’ve had.

From a position and points I am extremely happy From a entertaining point of view I am very disappointed

I’d agree with that mate. I think things will improve on that front though.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:18 pm

3rd worst losses? Hence not top 6!

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:01 am

Has to be given one more year

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:02 am

Ninian27 wrote:Erol Bulut:

19 wins this season currently have the most wins outside the top 6

2nd in the form table the last 11 games

3 Derby wins

2 wins against promotion chasing sides

Transfer embargo in the summer

has the Highest win percentage out of our last 10 managers

CONTRACT NEEDED TAN!

Great post. Why the f**k is Tan delaying it?

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 am

I just don't understand why a new contract has not been forthcoming for Bulut. It seems a no brainer to me.

I can only surmise here, with the bits of information that Annis has kindly dropped onto this board over the last couple of months, that the hopeful good news we have in the summer is directly affecting the decision NOT to renew his contract at the moment.

Annis - Without giving away the confidence that you were given when told of the possible "good news", do you think the 2 things are related i.e. no new contract offer because of the possible pending news? :bluebird:

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:05 pm

Ninian27 wrote:Erol Bulut:

19 wins this season currently have the most wins outside the top 6

2nd in the form table the last 11 games

3 Derby wins

2 wins against promotion chasing sides

Transfer embargo in the summer

has the Highest win percentage out of our last 10 managers

CONTRACT NEEDED TAN!

:thumbup:

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:Has to be given one more year

I'm back on the fence, the exciting football he promised hasn't happened also we roll over at home too much,

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 am

I'd agree that he's done enough to deserve that extra year. Give him a sensible transfer window. Then the target is for further improvement, in both style and results!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:I'd agree that he's done enough to deserve that extra year. Give him a sensible transfer window. Then the target is for further improvement, in both style and results!

:thumbup:

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:3rd worst losses? Hence not top 6!

There are 4 teams with worse losses than us and 4 teams with the same as us twenty losses

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:37 pm

Wrong. I’ve seen possibly the worst football I’ve seen as a City fan of 5 decades and that’s saying something. I despair of another season of that one Turkish league tactic. Add to that zero variations , bizarre substitutions and publicly calling out young players for a side to their game that isn’t their natural position. I have always been in the ‘want to be entertained, attacking, let’s clap the players off even in defeat for having a real good go’ camp. Many many managers would have us in this league position or higher with more attractive football and therefore no division of us fans. It’s been a low standard championship this term