Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vote your Man of the Match (versus Southampton)

You may select 1 option

View results

VOTE YOUR MAN OF THE MATCH (versus Southampton)

Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:49 pm

Vote your Man of the Match versus Russell 'Jack' Martin's promotion-chasing Southampton...

Sadly, I was unable to attend but what a result and hopefully a few to choose from... :ayatollah:

Re: VOTE YOUR MAN OF THE MATCH (versus Southampton)

Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:51 pm

Ralls, Colwill and Phillips very strong.

But from a personal point of view, I can’t ignore the moment Cian Ashford gave us all in that stadium.

He gets my vote because of the emotional side of it.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:37 pm

Many to chose from in this game 4 names mentioned already above and just to add our keeper had a good game .

Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:04 am

Watched the highlights, few stand outs, Horvath with some fantastic saves, Goutas with an important block towards the end. Looked like some really strong contenders for MOTM but got to give it to Cian, 1st start and a goal :clap:

Future looks bright :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:12 am

Ethan Horvath, kept us in the game first-half

Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:35 am

There was some strong cases,Romeo did very well and Havarth under normal circumstances but I’ll give it to the winnerAshford :occasion5:

Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:08 am

Ashford will rightly so take the headlines, but Horvath gets my vote.

I called him out in here for parrying it straight to the feet of their goalscorer... but after that he was demanding and knows when we SHOULDN'T play from the back. He's very quick off his line to a through ball and make some great saves.

Youngster at right back was very comfortable when he came on. Forgot his name.

Rubin absolutely embarassing their defence; if he adds goals then what a player.

I honestly didn't see us winning. I thought we'd get pumped. "They're already on the beach" has been the theme recently; the lads weren't yesterday. Great home performance against a better team. I absolutely LOVE these type of wins!!

Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:32 am

Ralls rolled back the years and looked like the Warnock version

Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:52 am

Ashford will get it under the circumstances and well done to him, he looks a promising prospect, looked good v Millwall also.
BUT in my opinion the game changed when Diedhiou came on. Southampton fans started chanting England, Diedhiou battled and won a corner, turned to Canton raised his arms showed some passion with a Come on! to try and lift the crowd. The momentum changed at that point a few minutes later he scored.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:04 am

Easily Horvarth for me. Could have been 3 or 4 at HT if it wasn’t for him

Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:07 pm

Ralls for me as I thought he was immense, although I could have picked 3 or 4 others as well.

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:32 pm

Still Time To Vote :bluescarf: