Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ The academy players “

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:58 pm

Cian Ashford will rightly get the plaudits today.

But also well done to Conte and Giles, very impressed.

Good to see them all have their moment in front of Canton at the end.

Re: “ The academy players “

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:34 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Cian Ashford will rightly get the plaudits today.

:bluebird:
Add the old men Rubin and Ralls and 5 academy kids finished the game

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pm

Very encouraging with the youngsters. I had sort of dismissed most of them before today due to the results under Purse but maybe a few of them could properly be involved next season

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:54 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:Very encouraging with the youngsters. I had sort of dismissed most of them before today due to the results under Purse but maybe a few of them could properly be involved next season

Purse's job is to get players to the first team squad, not win a divisional U23 league

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Maloby_Blue wrote:Very encouraging with the youngsters. I had sort of dismissed most of them before today due to the results under Purse but maybe a few of them could properly be involved next season

Purse's job is to get players to the first team squad, not win a divisional U23 league

Totally agree , also purse never has a settled starting 11 , there seems to be an agenda against him , he's got a hard job top played are getting poached by cattogory 1 status , we need to aspire to cat 1 status

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

Totally agree , also purse never has a settled starting 11 , there seems to be an agenda against him , he's got a hard job top played are getting poached by cattogory 1 status , we need to aspire to cat 1 status

Agree on the Cat 1 bit, that’s what we need to work towards so we can keep the players coming through.

We nearly lost Ashford because of this but thankfully he wanted to stay with us.

He loves the club which made his moment today all the more special :bluebird:

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:45 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Cian Ashford will rightly get the plaudits today.

:bluebird:
Add the old men Rubin and Ralls and 5 academy kids finished the game

And we Won it and we’re not being over run or outplayed