Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I’d rather Ramsey not play for Wales this summer:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:11 pm

Erol Bulut : I'd rather Ramsey not play for Wales this summer

Erol Bulut believes Aaron Ramsey should forget about international football this summer and concentrate on getting ready for Cardiff next season.

Ramsey has had a rotten season with regards to injuries, suffering knee, calf and now hamstring problems concurrently throughout the campaign.

The latest injury, Bulut revealed, was a grade two hamstring tear, which rules him out of the rest of the campaign. Bulut said the problem will sideline him for a minimum of three weeks.

"He had a grade two strain which means three weeks minimum, which means the season is finished for him," said Bulut. "A long time he has been away. For a long time, many of our main players have not been with us. This breaks our neck this season.

"We are in a good run then we get injuries. It's not easy to replace them."

This latest problem throws his involvement in Wales' summer game against Slovakia on June 9 into doubt. And Bulut admitted he'd rather Ramsey not be involved after his injury-ravaged campaign.

"I think for him, we have to be honest, he had an injury, he came back and got another injury and now he needs to get fit," Bulut added.

"I think he needs to prepare himself for the new season and not think about the national team, whether he will play or not. Health is most important for a football player, so he needs to focus on getting fit and starting the new season well with Cardiff City."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I’d rather Ramsey not play for Wales this summer Ero

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 pm

I agree with Bulut.

He needs to forget about the Wales game, it’s only a friendly anyway.

Re: I’d rather Ramsey not play for Wales this summer Ero

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I agree with Bulut.

He needs to forget about the Wales game, it’s only a friendly anyway.

I totally agree Ned,

I said this a month ago and got slated.

Only 13 games for Cardiff City this season in all competitions out of 50 games and the majority of those 13 games were as a sub etc

Re: I’d rather Ramsey not play for Wales this summer:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 pm

For Wales its best he doesn't turn up. We know what he does, so if he is in form in the autumn select him, but Wales needs to get the next generation in and the new leaders leading.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 pm

Said for a while that he should consider retiring from international football & manage his playing time the same way Bellamy did if he wants to prolong his career.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 pm

Agree Ramsey should stick with club football from now on. Bulut is right; he 100% shouldn’t play in a meaningless close-season international friendly.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 pm

Agree Ramsey should stick with club football from now on. Bulut is right; he 100% shouldn’t play in a meaningless close-season international friendly.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm

The Wales match in Slovakia is early June isn't it? I have serious doubts whether he'd be totally match fit at that stage anyway.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:07 pm

No one seems to agree with me but I can’t see Ramsey playing much more football. Think his legs have given up.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:57 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:No one seems to agree with me but I can’t see Ramsey playing much more football. Think his legs have given up.

Totally agree. Sadly I think he should retire. Would be great if he could stay on with the Club in some kind of coaching capacity.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:No one seems to agree with me but I can’t see Ramsey playing much more football. Think his legs have given up.

Totally agree. Sadly I think he should retire. Would be great if he could stay on with the Club in some kind of coaching capacity.

Yeh I’ve said the same , he’s only 33 but his legs are struggling , he puts so much effort in when he’s playing but it just seems to much for his body

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:06 pm

Yes he needs to retire, fantastic for Wales for years always around when needed.

Time to think about his home club and keeping fit giving us the best he can

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:15 pm

I can't see him making 10 further appearances for us. He should consider retirement. It really doesn't help us in this constant limbo.