Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Allowing Erol Bulut to leave at the end of his contract woul

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 pm

Allowing Erol Bulut to leave at the end of his contract would be a "mistake", according to former England international Carlton Palmer.

The Bluebirds manager has three games remaining on his current contract and, at time of writing, owner Vincent Tan has not communicated whether he wants the manager to stay or leave at the end of the season.

"Erol Bulut, has done a great job in keeping them there, and his contract is set to run out at the end of this season, and he is attracting interest from Besiktas, who are one of the clubs tracking him and are very keen on him.

β€œI hope that Cardiff would at the end of the season and the manager and the club will sit down and see where they can go forward. I think it would be a mistake for Cardiff to let him go given the job that he has done, they were perilously in danger of getting drawn into a relegation battle and were down the bottom, and he has managed to pull them up, and with three games to go, they are looking at a mid-table finish.”

β€œIt would not take an awful lot in the transfer window in the summer, to maybe get Cardiff pushing for a play-off place next season. So I am sure they will sit down and have that conversation, and I am sure Cardiff will want to keep him for as long as possible.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.