Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I see a few on the forum had a go at Rubin Colwill for Millw

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:53 am

I see a few on the forum had a go at Rubin Colwill for Millwall's second yesterday. However, nobody picked up it was Josh Bowler losing possession through his lack of physical strength on the right minutes earlier which led to a flurry of home corners from which, ultimately, Colwill's error occurred.

The defeat yesterday, and the dire second-half show, could well now trigger the end for Bulut who just doesn't have an answer to the haphazard results.

Also, yet again, Bulut takes of Siopis when we were chasing the game, and sends on the crab Wintle, who the pairs with the other side and back passing Ralls.

When is Bulut going to learn? It's Siopis or another defensive midfielder with two creative midfielders in the midfield pyramid.

Re: I see a few on the forum had a go at Rubin Colwill for M

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:30 am

Always City wrote:I see a few on the forum had a go at Rubin Colwill for Millwall's second yesterday. However, nobody picked up it was Josh Bowler losing possession through his lack of physical strength on the right minutes earlier which led to a flurry of home corners from which, ultimately, Colwill's error occurred.

The defeat yesterday, and the dire second-half show, could well now trigger the end for Bulut who just doesn't have an answer to the haphazard results.

Also, yet again, Bulut takes of Siopis when we were chasing the game, and sends on the crab Wintle, who the pairs with the other side and back passing Ralls.

When is Bulut going to learn? It's Siopis or another defensive midfielder with two creative midfielders in the midfield pyramid.

I agree.
IMO our midfield 3 should be Siopis, Ralls and Turnbull.
I’d play Colwill on the right side of attack / midfield as now is the time to try this type of thing as Bowler won’t be here next year.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:38 am

Bowler has been doing that all season long. He obviously has ability but he’s just not good enough mentally. Be glad when he’s gone.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:00 pm

Agree about Bowler, can be a very lazy player who also makes needless passes like Colwill.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Agree about Bowler, can be a very lazy player who also makes needless passes like Colwill.

You’ll get people saying that Colwill is a good player because he’s played at a World Cup :banghead:

How many managers have failed to get him firing??

Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:39 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Agree about Bowler, can be a very lazy player who also makes needless passes like Colwill.

You’ll get people saying that Colwill is a good player because he’s played at a World Cup :banghead:

I'm guessing thst's a backhanded 'pop' at my comment on the topic yesterday; but that was said with some jest, and if you read the whole post, I was broadly in agreement with Ned and said that Rubin has a lot to learn to become the player I believe he can be.. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:52 pm

Sven wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:

I'm guessing thst's a backhanded 'pop' at my comment on the topic yesterday; but that was said with some jest, and if you read the whole post, I was broadly in agreement with Ned and said that Rubin has a lot to learn to become the player I believe he can be.. :ayatollah:

Nope, definitely not a pop at you. I sit near a few who bang on about him being at the World Cup and how fantastic he is because of that. The standard of international football isn’t as good as some think.

There are times when he looks unplayable, the goal he scored at home to Bristol is a fine example. His performance at home to Sunderland stands out to me. He along with most that day were completely off it. I don’t think he’s designed to play any higher, I hope he makes me eat my words mind. He should be nailing down a starting spot now for his age, but he cannot complete 90 mins.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:11 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
Sven wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:

Nope, definitely not a pop at you. I sit near a few who bang on about him being at the World Cup and how fantastic he is because of that. The standard of international football isn’t as good as some think.

There are times when he looks unplayable, the goal he scored at home to Bristol is a fine example. His performance at home to Sunderland stands out to me. He along with most that day were completely off it. I don’t think he’s designed to play any higher, I hope he makes me eat my words mind. He should be nailing down a starting spot now for his age, but he cannot complete 90 mins.

My bad; apology offered...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:37 pm

Sven wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
Sven wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:

My bad; apology offered...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:32 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
Sven wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:

He was the best player by a mile against Birmingham last Wednesday.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:01 pm

SB 1927 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
Sven wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:

He was the best player by a mile against Birmingham last Wednesday.

As a sub, like at Birmingham, he is a good option from the bench.

Can’t be trusted to start though.