Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

He’s not perfect we all know that BUT:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:24 am

List of managers we’ve had since 2014/15

Erol buluts win percentage is currently

41.86%

He’s not perfect we all know that but he definitely deserves the contract and a chance to see what he can do in both windows without an embargo

Remember this is Erol Buluts first season in the English League, which is one of the toughest in the world.

THANK YOU MATT FOR THIS:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: He’s not perfect we all know that but:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:24 am

Erol Bulut:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: He’s not perfect we all know that but:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:26 am

Updated:

With a Transfer Embargo and then not given the money in January for his Targets:

Re: He’s not perfect we all know that BUT:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:09 am

Reply:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:12 am

Reply:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:30 am

sorry I disagree.I believe another manager could codon better with the players available .He does not have a plan b.He does not seem to learn or want to change.Repeats same mistakes .Blames everybody apart from himself

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:45 am

john52 wrote:sorry I disagree.I believe another manager could codon better with the players available .He does not have a plan b.He does not seem to learn or want to change.Repeats same mistakes .Blames everybody apart from himself

I think you have a point on the lack of Plan B.

However, you say another manager could have performed equally well. Who ?

The stats prove he’s the best in recent seasons and I’m really struggling to come up with another name that we could reasonably expect to take the job.

We have to stop the managerial merry go around at some point and that means holding our nerve for a change.

Give Bulut a rolling 12 month contract or 2 years. Then give him the whole summer window and judge him by around the end of October or early November.

I wouldn’t argue too much if the club decided not to extend his contract but only if we had a quality, improved, replacement lined up and I just can’t see that happening.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:48 am

He's done a very good job.

Also add to that it's his first season in the uk, not many managers come from abroad and do such a decent job straight away

Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 am

I would definitely agree with what Kyle said yesterday.

The football isn't as exciting as it could be, and sometimes he is lacking in attacking creativeness but ultimately his job is to get the best as he can from the players he has.

He has said his target was to avoid relegation, he has exceeded that target with little funds in January and an embargo in the summer.

As we all know, people have different wants and opinions. Ned posted about Colwills pass the other day and that he shouldn't start because of it whereas my view is that at least he is trying to be creative, something we have lacked.

Point here being that a lot of things are just a difference of opinion.

My opinion is he has earned a new contract and a chance to show what he can achieve with backing and his own players.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:56 am

Reply:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:List of managers we’ve had since 2014/15

Erol buluts win percentage is currently

41.86%

He’s not perfect we all know that but he definitely deserves the contract and a chance to see what he can do in both windows without an embargo

Remember this is Erol Buluts first season in the English League, which is one of the toughest in the world.

THANK YOU MATT FOR THIS:

With a transfer embargo, lost his two best players early in the season when we were flying, couldn't sign the attacking midfielder and Striker he knew we needed in January.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:58 am

Reply:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:01 am

john52 wrote:sorry I disagree.I believe another manager could codon better with the players available .He does not have a plan b.He does not seem to learn or want to change.Repeats same mistakes .Blames everybody apart from himself

100% Spot on! Add to that, 3 derby wins against sides that didn’t show up, the poorest championship for many years (those managers listed had more competitive higher standard opponents) publicly calling out players, and baffling substitutions. Bulut is bottom of that list for entertainment value and goals from open play. Please not another season of this predictable dirge. Ralls and Wintle given new contracts means they are the base of our midfield along with Sippis next season if he stays. Defensive! Sideways!

Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:23 pm

Maybe that's something to do with Ralls and Wintle not being the most mobile. Not good news, but not Erol Bulut's fault. Those two should not be playing together. Siopis is more of a holding/break up player. We desperately need a creative midfielder as it looks like Rambo won't manage a full season.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:39 pm

Yes, let’s get his future secure for next season ASAP :thumbright:

Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:10 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:

100% Spot on! Add to that, 3 derby wins against sides that didn’t show up, the poorest championship for many years (those managers listed had more competitive higher standard opponents) publicly calling out players, and baffling substitutions. Bulut is bottom of that list for entertainment value and goals from open play. Please not another season of this predictable dirge. Ralls and Wintle given new contracts means they are the base of our midfield along with Sippis next season if he stays. Defensive! Sideways!

Also Warnock's stats include a season in the prem!

Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:29 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

He had a much better squad than this and also got to bring in his own players.

If you're going to mention he did a season in the prem then you need to mention it wasn't his first season and it was with a squad he was able to build, along with him not having a transfer embargo.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:05 pm

I get the logic and its 10 days since i saw us in the flesh so I am back on board, this is a poor, negative, defensively biased squad. But we know Saturday will be another borefest with little intent to attack and I just can't have him.

Anyone can beat anyone in this league.......If you try

Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:33 pm

I think he deserves a new deal but the most decision is the board make a decision asap !

Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:47 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

He had a much better squad than this and also got to bring in his own players.

If you're going to mention he did a season in the prem then you need to mention it wasn't his first season and it was with a squad he was able to build, along with him not having a transfer embargo.

I disagree, there was no need to mention any of that because managing in the prem far out weighs it all.

Warnock got Cardiff promoted due to his managerial and coaching skills with a squad that was no better than this seasons. He bought from league one and two, added a few championship and premier league loanees and gambled on some freebies.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I get the logic and its 10 days since i saw us in the flesh so I am back on board, this is a poor, negative, defensively biased squad. But we know Saturday will be another borefest with little intent to attack and I just can't have him.

Exactly this send your side out to try and WIN a game not contain. Play your wingers on their correct side, don't be
stubborn and predictable. Book the tickets to Istanbul 4.55pm after Rotherham. Thanks Erol but no thanks.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:27 pm

Wiggy wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I get the logic and its 10 days since i saw us in the flesh so I am back on board, this is a poor, negative, defensively biased squad. But we know Saturday will be another borefest with little intent to attack and I just can't have him.

Exactly this send your side out to try and WIN a game not contain. Play your wingers on their correct side, don't be
stubborn and predictable. Book the tickets to Istanbul 4.55pm after Rotherham. Thanks Erol but no thanks.

Wondered how long after the loss it would take for you to come out of hibernation.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:57 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
Wiggy wrote:

Wondered how long after the loss it would take for you to come out of hibernation.

So true.

Nothing wrong with people criticising his tactics, but it annoys me how people go missing when we win but are on here within 30 seconds of a loss.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:04 pm

Bulut as a man manager he seems ok.
My main gripe with him is I’ve never seen any team who don’t press and fight to win the ball back like we do.
We simply let the other team have it. :nono: If we are lucky enough to get hold of it, the ball is more often than not played backwards or sideways. Painful to watch and totally clueless at times. This must be directed or coached by the manager.
I honestly believe we can do better.