Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EROL BULUT GOES IN TO A RANT & HONESTY

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:43 pm

EROL BULUT:

“First half we were the better team.”

"The main thing is the mentality, how you go in the game, if you want to win this game. What are you expecting from yourself, individually? I can speak only to my players. But the mentality on the field has to change, especially the second half."

"We are in consistent, this is the problem. Too many differences in games. We play a great game against Ipswich, one week later we don't understand why the team changes. The same team, the same XI."

Q. Why has consistency this season been such a problem?

EB: "This is the biggest problem this season. We would speak now about different things, but I cannot change everything with these players. I can ask about details, but it's not easy to change everything.

"Some of the fans, the media can say... but I am the manager, I know what I want. I know what I want from my players. But they have to also know what they want.

Q. Why has consistency this season been such a problem?

EB: "This is the biggest problem this season. We would speak now about different things, but I cannot change everything with these players. I can ask about details, but it's not easy to change everything.

"Some of the fans, the media can say... but I am the manager, I know what I want. I know what I want from my players. But they have to also know what they want.”

"I am reading a little bit of news, press, I get messages from my friends... until now I've never spoken about this kind of thing. It's normal that people criticise me, fans, media, this is my job. I am not perfect. I have to learn a lot of things.

“ I read the message board.”

"But you cannot say this season that it is luck that we are here with 59 points. I am long enough in this business, I played football for 20 years.”

"In the press sometimes I am reading these things, someone wants to show that all our work this season is bad. This I do not accept. I know what my guys did this season. What we did all this season. No one can speak badly about our work.”

"It's enough. All the last few weeks I am reading these things, getting these messages. Until now I never spoke about these things. But enough is enough.”

"They can criticise me, I don't have any problem with this. But I think they do it on purpose, these messages. Of course, we are reading this, the players are reading this, it affects us also. It affects players. When you speak about players, the coach, our game, things like this, it affects the players."

Q. Poor mentality of players today in the second half, did you tell them that in the changing room after?

"I said it to my team right now. I cannot accept that. Many times I have said it. OK, we have 59 points. For me it's not enough. The season is not finished. I want maximum performance from the players until the end."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EROL BULUT GOES IN TO A RANT & HONESTY

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:01 pm

Wow, very strong words from Bulut.

I agree with a lot of what he says there and like that he’s speaking how he feels, being honest.

I honestly hope we extend his contract. Not many expected us to be where we are at this point, done better than expected.

With the right transfers, we will be able to kick on and play a more attacking style with Bulut next season.

But I’m not getting my hopes up, it’s clear again that the hierarchy have no plan and as usual are taking it day by day - that doesn’t work.

But fair play to Bulut for sticking up for himself.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:10 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:16 pm

Love the honesty from bulut ,
Just wish some of the players would put more effort in for the travelling fans

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:23 pm

News flash!

Erol Bulut blames players for defeat.............. :roll:

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:34 pm

Reply:

Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:52 pm

MikeO76 wrote:News flash!

Yes the boring negative football we play game after game has absolutely nothing to do with him, the players just don’t understand him.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:00 pm

News flash!

You’ve missed the point….

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:24 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

News flash!

Go on then, enlighten me!

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:03 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

News flash!

Ok.

First, this topic is clearly about Bulut’s comments in reaction what the press, fans etc say.

Not about today’s performance, there are other topics about that. People are free to criticise his tactics on those topics.

So he’s said what he wants to say about the reaction to the style we’ve playing but instead of offering a constructive argument against that, you just put an eight word response which is not constructive in the slightest.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:04 pm

He needs to take along hard look in a big mirror.

His football is the least enjoyable and entertaining that we've had to put up with for years.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:10 pm

davids wrote:He needs to take along hard look in a big mirror.

His football is the least enjoyable and entertaining that we've had to put up with for years.

This will also be our highest league position for years.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

This will also be our highest league position for three years.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

This will also be our highest league position for years.

With a better squad than we have had for years. And for a few years the weakest championship. I will never understand the Bulut love in. Oh wait, points over performances and entertainment value. It will be more of the same next season , if he stays, for a manager to come out after a full season in his job to say I’m still learning, is worrying, what happens when your in learning mode? You make mistakes, so there will be more stubbornness and naivety to come. If he stays, more division in the fans. We need a united front, so get someone in to reunite the fans with wiser smarter more attractive football , Buluts tactics are dreadful and predictable. A better more climatized championship boss would have us higher up the table. And wanting the revolving door to stop is no reason to keep someone in their job who is dividing and alienating the fan base. We already have had enough of that from Tan. Really wanted him to succeed in giving us good football, having a go. Even if we lose, we have given them a right go, it’s just not like that

Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:38 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

News flash!

I agree with you, Ned; Erol Bulut used the 'we' word and put his points across well...

He has taken us to a higher position than most expected and admits to making mistakes; but for me, the players have made more...

Give him a new contract, some new players (preferably of his choice) and tbe opportunity to push us further forward nrxt season... :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:50 am

I think Siopis and Goutas are knackered, the hard long physical championship season has taken its toll. Has its taken its toll on Bulut as well? I think some of them are running on fumes

I reckon nearly everyone, fans, players & management wants to see the back of the season

Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:28 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

News flash!

Ok.

First, this topic is clearly about Bulut’s comments in reaction what the press, fans etc say.

Not about today’s performance, there are other topics about that. People are free to criticise his tactics on those topics.

So he’s said what he wants to say about the reaction to the style we’ve playing but instead of offering a constructive argument against that, you just put an eight word response which is not constructive in the slightest.

Read your own OP again, the first part he talks about the Millwall game. And like most of the season he blames the players. Yes he refers to them as "we" but we all know he's referring to the players.

As for your last paragraph, yes it was an 8 word sarcastic response to Bulut's comments blaming the players again. I'm fed up of hearing the same thing from him every time we lose.

I didn't know there was a minimum amount of words we had to post and to only post constructive comments.

Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:19 pm

The Manager both praises and criticises the players. It’s his job. Better this than the usual guff you hear post match.