Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Erol Bulut: I don’t accept lack of effort “

Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:30 pm

Erol Bulut spoke to the press after the Bluebirds fell to a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Millwall.

Erol Bulut:

"The first half was good, but the second half was not." Erol began. "We spoke in the dressing room at half time. We had 45 minutes to change the game, but in the second half we didn't do anything to change the game. That is not enough.

"The first half, we played quite well. We conceded goals from losing balls in the centre - the second one, we shouldn't lose this ball, because we were three against two. We have to keep the ball much better.

"We have to speak clearly about this. We cannot lose so many easy balls, and in the second half, this is a mentality question.

"It's not just about being safe, it's about how much you want something. Today, the opponent in the second half wanted to win, and they got it. We didn't want it in the second half, and that's why we lost three points.

"We had a good 45 minutes in the first half, but in the second half we have to push for much, much more.

"I can accept losing games but not if we aren’t putting the effort in. We need to fight until the end. I demand maximum effort.

Watch more from Erol on Cardiff City TV.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Erol Bulut: I don’t accept lack of effort “

Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:41 pm

Fair enough comments Erol.
Perhaps you need throw some tea cups at half time instead and shake these pampered players out of their self imposed comfort zone!

I'd give them the proper hairdryer treatment.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:05 pm

I don’t usually agree with his comments, but I agree with him.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:22 pm

If he really thought that the first half was good he must have being at a different game to the one I was at.

Whatever he said at half time inspired those players to turn in one of the least effective, lazy and clueless performances for some time yet still he accepts no responsibility for his part in it.