Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No iFollow next season

Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:58 am

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/april/12/ ... m-2024-25/

Re: No I follow next season

Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:01 am

Wish Sky would feck off. They don't give a feck about the supporters. Their prices will go up again no doubt.

Re: No I follow next season

Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:50 am

It won't be a problem. IPTV is your friend.

Re: No iFollow next season

Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:39 pm

Didn't see anything in there about international coverage. Anyone know if this will stay the same or go the way of ifollow?

Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:50 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Didn't see anything in there about international coverage. Anyone know if this will stay the same or go the way of ifollow?

International coverage is staying.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:51 pm

Good news.

I have Sky sports. I'm not paying more for iFollow, another 10er a game!! But I watch on red button midweek for no more than my subscription.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Didn't see anything in there about international coverage. Anyone know if this will stay the same or go the way of ifollow?

International coverage is staying.

Thank you sir.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:01 pm

Can't say i will miss the city commentators, often switch over to the other side. Normally folk up norf are very fair, lasted 5 seconds with Sarff Londun

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:26 pm

Best commentators are BBC radio Wales though

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:51 pm

Wasn't it put out that we will have 6 Saturday games at home at 3pm because of this deal?

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Wasn't it put out that we will have 6 Saturday games at home at 3pm because of this deal?

Yeah they announced the new EFL deal about a year ago:

- 10 live games every weekend. Five in the Championship, three in League One and League Two

- Teams to get a bigger proportion of live games

- All non-3pm games to be shown live, including all midweek and bank holiday games

- All EFL Cup and EFL Trophy games to be shown live

- Saturday TV blackout between 2.45pm and 5.15pm to remain so televised games will be outside of this period

The EFL wanted more money but Sky said they wanted more coverage if they were to increase the amount, can’t really blame them if you look at it from their point of view.

Be thankful DAZN didn’t win the contract, they wanted no 3pm games at all.