Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Useless for next season “

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:03 am

Even though winning or losing should not be our main consideration now .

We must have Ruben play all the games …… he is very much old enough now and we need to know very clearly if he is our man next season .

We also absolutely must try Joel Colwill and Ashford …..and any prospective young ones .

However , understandably , Bulut is playing for himself and his own future and so wants to win.

Ahead of wanting to plan for next season ….so I believe that he will still play his strongest team ….

Even those on loan who are useless to us for next season .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Useless for next season “

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:05 am

I would have thought Trumbull as well …..all the game ! Yes he and R. Colwill are both attacking midfield players …… but really we need to find out and be certain about their ability for next season .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:57 am

We also have to remember the integrity of the competition , we would not be happy if we were in the mire of relegation battle and a team played the kids and lost.
20 mins here and there each game is fine

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:05 am

fred keenor wrote:We also have to remember the integrity of the competition , we would not be happy if we were in the mire of relegation battle and a team played the kids and lost.
20 mins here and there each game is fine

That’s how I look at it.

Saying that I reckon playing some of our kids instead of some of these first teasers who are already on the beach would give us a better chance of picking up 3 points.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:31 am

THink to see the best of Colwill we need a different formation. If we played with a more 414, Sip as the defensive midfielder, Turnball/Ralls the pivot and Colwill allowed more freedom to move around the pitch

Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:38 am

Correct if he don't play he can't develop and then it would be too late.

Rubin has bags if quality but lacks in consistency, that being said injuries and being put in and out if the team wouldn't help anybody

Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:46 am

In Football you do NO other clubs favours, they don’t for you, so you use these games for our planning for next season.

We will once again want to get rid of many players.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:56 am

Because he hasn't been told his future with city and the amount of Bulut out that is happening he has to play his best team. Even though I want the youngsters to get gametime, I understand if he doesn't.

If he played the kids and we lost 5-0 to Millwall then those very same people would have another reason to moan

Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:33 pm

I'm with Annis on this.
Correct - we're not here to fight battles for other clubs - they wouldn't for us so fk 'em!

Now is definitely the time to throw in Ashford, the Colwills and Turnbull from the start or at least an hour.

What's the point in playing our loan signings now!??

If we lose, we lose, we need to see now whether these lads are consistently good enough to be Championship regulars.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:43 pm

This is one of many puzzling things about Bulut that I struggle with. Rubin needs another attacking midfielder on his wavelength, to really blossom, a Turnbull or previously a Ramsey. That constitutes a formation change. Bulut clearly isn’t about that . I’m a fan of Rubin and not just as he’s one of our own. He stands out , particularly when he is subbed on. Can only improve. Needs the opportunities. Needs defensive duties pressure taken away from him.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:47 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:I'm with Annis on this.
Correct - we're not here to fight battles for other clubs - they wouldn't for us so fk 'em!

Now is definitely the time to throw in Ashford, the Colwills and Turnbull from the start or at least an hour.

What's the point in playing our loan signings now!??

If we lose, we lose, we need to see now whether these lads are consistently good enough to be Championship regulars.

Exactly

Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:48 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Because he hasn't been told his future with city and the amount of Bulut out that is happening he has to play his best team. Even though I want the youngsters to get gametime, I understand if he doesn't.

If he played the kids and we lost 5-0 to Millwall then those very same people would have another reason to moan

So when do you play three of our local lads together and who are probably some of our best players??

They actually should of been played months ago

Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Even though winning or losing should not be our main consideration now .

We must have Ruben play all the games …… he is very much old enough now and we need to know very clearly if he is our man next season .

We also absolutely must try Joel Colwill and Ashford …..and any prospective young ones .

However , understandably , Bulut is playing for himself and his own future and so wants to win.

Ahead of wanting to plan for next season ….so I believe that he will still play his strongest team ….

I agree. We need to play these youngsters but until Bulut gets some assurances for next season I completely understand why he would pick his best team to give a better chance of piling up the points.

The key is a new contract for Bulut or tell him that it’s time to go. This uncertainty helps nobody, I’m not wholly convinced by Bulut but this season, given the circumstances he had to work within, was better than I expected so he certainly deserves at least another transfer window and to start the new season in my opinion.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:21 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Even though winning or losing should not be our main consideration now .

I agree. We need to play these youngsters but until Bulut gets some assurances for next season I completely understand why he would pick his best team to give a better chance of piling up the points.

The key is a new contract for Bulut or tell him that it’s time to go. This uncertainty helps nobody, I’m not wholly convinced by Bulut but this season, given the circumstances he had to work within, was better than I expected so he certainly deserves at least another transfer window and to start the new season in my opinion.

So are you finally admitting that the Hierarchy are once again running our club shall we say not professional

Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:22 pm

Does the manager twist or stick now - with the final few games ... ???

Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

So are you finally admitting that the Hierarchy are once again running our club shall we say not professional

I’m not happy about this delay in the managerial situation.

I’m not blinded by this regime as you always assume and when they’re wrong I’ll call them out. I’m just not completely against them whatever they do like you are.

I like the financial stability they’ve given us and I’ve backed the court cases that we’re bringing to conclusion in the Sala issue in particular (let’s see if I’m right on that but taking those cases was worthwhile for sure).

Like you I’m not 100% convinced by Bulut but we need to make a decision now. If he’s not staying, give the new manager most of the summer, if he is staying let’s get cracking on it now.

Not like Tan to stall on a managerial decision either way !!