Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Erol Bulut says he will change style of play if he stays “

Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:31 pm

Bulut on if he would develop the style of play if he was to be kept on:

“Of course, we have to see what kind of transfer we can get and then we can also we can change a few things in our game plan."

Re: “ Erol Bulut says he will change style of play if he sta

Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:05 pm

Erol - there has been nothing stopping you hamstringing yourself with the inverted wingers / defensive midfielder set-up this season. You have the squad to do a 442 - try it and see what front foot football is like!

Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:27 pm

He's got 4 games left this season to show us he can change.

Things were better yesterday, keep it going and he'll change many minds, maybe even mine. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:10 pm

he can only play in a way to the players ability, i can see us going for it more attacking with the players he wanted.

We only need to look at back in jan the three players he said he wanted really bad and they where pure class attacking types :bluebird:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:19 pm

kyle08 wrote:he can only play in a way to the players ability, i can see us going for it more attacking with the players he wanted.

We only need to look at back in jan the three players he said he wanted really bad and they where pure class attacking types :bluebird:

There are plenty of our players that have bags of attacking ability. Bulut's style of play for most of this season has restricted them. Stopped their natural ability to attack.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:54 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:he can only play in a way to the players ability, i can see us going for it more attacking with the players he wanted.

There are plenty of our players that have bags of attacking ability. Bulut's style of play for most of this season has restricted them. Stopped their natural ability to attack.

sorry but not for me, which player has that quality ? meite hasnt bagged loads of goals for a long time, grant the same.

etete has never proved that hes a goal scorer, i dont see where the attacking ability is ? bulut has done a great job with what we have, compare last season to now we have done better and thats without him being backed !

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:19 pm

If someone gave you an aging Champions League attacking midfielder in your first championship season, you'd build a team around him. Isn't that what we did?

Our issues started when he was out and we didn't have a replacement in terms of positional play or class/quality.

Rubin is a forward, lets forget midfielder at this stage of his career. Robinson came late but is/was a second striker not an attacking midfielder.

I believed Bulut was a three-at-the-back guy when he came here, I was surprised we started with a flat-back four. We essentially play with 4 +2 defensive-minded players; 3+2 gives us another forward minded body (Colwill).

I don't think we could do that mid season. I think a lot depends on Rambo. I am unsure that Rubin fits this rigid 4231 but I don't think Bulut is wed to it, but if Rambo stays and is fit you have to play to his strengths and that's 4231.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:20 pm

Apparently he as started looking at players for summer signing along with his backroom staff...
Even though he still doesn't know if staying.. :o

Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:46 pm

We haven't got the strikers to guarantee 2-3 goals per game. We only scored one against Birmingham.

As a result he has no alternative other than to concentrate on defence.

I think if he gets the players he wants we will play attacking football next season. We will concede goals each game but we will score 2 or 3 instead

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:We haven't got the strikers to guarantee 2-3 goals per game. We only scored one against Birmingham.

As a result he has no alternative other than to concentrate on defence.

I think if he gets the players he wants we will play attacking football next season. We will concede goals each game but we will score 2 or 3 instead

That is the way hopefully - I see it .

Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:32 am

kyle08 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

sorry but not for me, which player has that quality ? meite hasnt bagged loads of goals for a long time, grant the same.

etete has never proved that hes a goal scorer, i dont see where the attacking ability is ? bulut has done a great job with what we have, compare last season to now we have done better and thats without him being backed !

No need to apologies mate, we all have different views and opinions, this forum would be boring without them :thumbup:

Meite, Turnbull, Bowler, Grant, Colwill, Robinson to name a few, all have natural attacking ability and 4 of those were Bulut's players. Maybe not what he origianlly wanted but still his players but only Grant has been able to play to his system, and that has restricted his natural ability to attack. He's only got 6 goals and 2 assists and he's many peoples choice for player of the season, which says a lot.

As for last season, we were under a tranfer embargo, so the managers had less options then Bulut. This seasons squad has much better quality in all positions than last season even without Ramsey and O'Dowda.