Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TWO PLAYERS DROPPED FOR DISCIPLINE ISSUES

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:12 pm

Cardiff City bomb two players from squad over disciplinary issues as Bulut demands 'respect'

The Bluebirds manager has made his feelings clear over why players were not included

By Glen Williams

Cardiff City jettisoned Callum Robinson and Mahlon Romeo from their squad for the win over Birmingham City over disciplinary issues, manager Erol Bulut has revealed.

Cardiff named only 19 players in their matchday squad for the game at St Andrew's, one fewer than their opposition. While the likes of Callum O'Dowda, Jak Alnwick, Mark McGuinness, Kion Etete and Josh Wilson-Esbrand were known to be injured, questions were asked about Robinson and Romeo, both of whom were named on the bench for the defeat by Hull City at the weekend.

And when asked whether the duo were missing through injury, Bulut replied: "No, they are not injured. It's a disciplinary penalty from my side.

"We don’t need to speak about this. It is internal that we cleared it. I spoke with the player. I said at the start of the season, discipline and respect are the most important things for me. They were a little bit away from that. That's why they were not with us
."

Both players were big players during the relegation-fighting season last year, but have found themselves out of the team for a number of reasons this season.

Robinson has had injury issues, but is also unlikely to displace the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Rubin Colwill or David Turnbull Cardiff's starting XI. While on the wings, Karlan Grant and Josh Bowler have been nailed-on favourites.

Romeo has fallen foul of Cardiff changing formation this season, meaning Perry Ng, one of Cardiff's most consistent performers and the reigning player of the year, has had a free run at that right-back spot, with no wing-backs having been deployed.

Nevertheless, Cardiff's injury list is lengthy and Bulut would have been loath to narrow his options further, but felt it necessary to take disciplinary action over something which clearly occurred between the Hull game last Saturday and the Birmingham game on Wednesday. When asked about the nature of the indiscretion, Bulut declined to divulge further information.

Cardiff travel to Millwall on Saturday, another team fighting for their lives at the bottom of the table, just like Birmingham. Bulut confirmed that Romeo would be back but further conversations would be had with Robinson.

"We will have a talk with [Romeo], but he will be back (for Millwall)."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TWO PLAYERS DROPPED FOR DISCIPLINE ISSUES

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:15 pm

Not too sure about Mahlon Romeo, but Callum Robinson has 'history' of poor discipline and is probably the signing that has disappointed the most since he arrived from WBA and started so well... :cry:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:19 pm

No surprise that Robinson was involved in a discipline issue.

Good to see Bulut be strong on this, you have to discipline players for breaking the rules or they won’t respect you.

Bulut has done well here.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:20 pm

F**k them both off. Bad eggs.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:30 pm

Surprised that Wintle wasn’t in the squad; certainly before Sawyers.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:46 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Surprised that Wintle wasn’t in the squad; certainly before Sawyers.

Wintle injured, mate. Hopefully back for Millwall on Saturday :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:48 pm

What more needs to be said about Mr Robinson?

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 pm

Hate hearing about this sort of thing, all the money they are paid. It's not difficult to train hard and generally be professional around the club for 20k a week is it. Bomb the pair of them (Robinson especially) if their attitude isn't right.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:07 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Surprised that Wintle wasn’t in the squad; certainly before Sawyers.

Wintle injured, mate. Hopefully back for Millwall on Saturday :ayatollah:

Cheers mate. :thumbup:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:14 pm

Wintle said Saturday he was hoping to be back this weekend.

Explains why Robbo was in a foul mood when he left Saturday, also explains why he was an absolute dick to the kids waiting to get autographs (one being my daughter).

It’s no excuse though, they know that they have to interact with the fans on game day with the position of the car park.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:30 pm

Good for Bulut for being firm

I hate it when highly paid players start dicking about

The least they can do is train hard and give it 100% on match day

Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:38 pm

Robinson comes across as a right Prima Donna, another waste of big wages and probably an unsettling influence to youngsters in changing room. Get rid.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:48 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Wintle said Saturday he was hoping to be back this weekend.

Explains why Robbo was in a foul mood when he left Saturday, also explains why he was an absolute dick to the kids waiting to get autographs (one being my daughter).

It’s no excuse though, they know that they have to interact with the fans on game day with the position of the car park.

Sorry to hear he was like that with your daughter, no need to be a dick with the kids at all, hope you explained to her that he's just a knob head in child friendly words. Hopefully Bulut hears about this as well & gives him more shit.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:18 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Wintle said Saturday he was hoping to be back this weekend.

this is a sorry state our club is in, years ago this would never happen the fans are number 1

i want him gone this summer hes a clown :banghead:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:19 pm

We could always boo
robinson when he shows his face on the pitch give him a bit of his own medicine and something to think about.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:29 pm

montyblue wrote:We could always boo
robinson when he shows his face on the pitch give him a bit of his own medicine and something to think about.

Wouldn't bother him in the slightest probably Monty, looking for a pay off I think.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:36 pm

Callum Robinson’s partner has commented on the disciplinary statement from BBC Sport. Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:05 pm

Robinson is too slow.

Romeo not good enough for this level

Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:No surprise that Robinson was involved in a discipline issue.

Good to see Bulut be strong on this, you have to discipline players for breaking the rules or they won’t respect you.

Bulut has done well here.

Agree .