Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: “ Cian Ashford “ Erol Bulut said

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:12 pm

Erol Bulut:

“ Cian Ashford “

Erol Bulut said after the match: "Before the game, I said to him that maybe he could come on for 15 or 20 minutes, so I said to him, 'Are you nervous?' He said, 'No, no, I'm OK!'

"After the game I asked him and he said, 'In the game, I was really nervous!' There is a difference between under-21s games and high-level Championship games! He has to learn many things, but for a start, tonight, he was good.

"He had really good games at under-21s and for the national team he had good games. He is training well with us, but small-sided games are different and on the big field everything is different. But he will learn, he is still 19 years old. He will have good moments again."

Bulut's assistant, Nadir Sonmez, wrote of Ashford on social media after the game: "This is the best feeling in football when you see a young player taking part in an important game."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut: “ Cian Ashford “ Erol Bulut said

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:17 pm

Good comments from Bulut and his coach.

Expect to see him get more minutes gradually in the final four games.

Was bound to be nervous but he held his own, like Bulut said it was a good start for him in the first team.