Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ramsey

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:20 pm

Any news on Ramsey possible injury

Re: Ramsey

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:26 pm

End of the season for him I think, looked like a hamstring issue.

Honestly think he should retire.

Didn’t play well again anyway.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:44 pm

I agree, it's probably time for him to hang up his boots. With all the setbacks he's had in the last few years it must be psychologically damaging for him too. He's been a great player and he deserves to bow out gracefully. He has nothing to prove to the City fans.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:49 am

Scan today

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:04 am

Poor last night, shame. but time to take over the academy Rambo.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:52 am

A summer of rest will do him good, ready for next season :thumbup:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:03 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:End of the season for him I think, looked like a hamstring issue.

Honestly think he should retire.

Didn’t play well again anyway.

Agreed. He was way off yesterday. Hard to watch.

Rubin changed the game and the team grew as a result.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:38 am

We can't keep carrying this injured soldier.
It's like the Robbie Fowler situation all over again.
We need to build a team using younger talent who stay fit.

Thanks Aaron but it's not working out!

:wave:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:45 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:We can't keep carrying this injured soldier.
It's like the Robbie Fowler situation all over again.
We need to build a team using younger talent who stay fit.

Thanks Aaron but it's not working out!

:wave:

Agreed. Add O'Dowda to that list, sadly.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:55 pm

Id love Ramsey to be fit when he played at the start of the season he was immense and the other players improved around him .frustrating for him and us because hes a real good player who wants to be here and loves the club.Well we love him see u next season Aaron

Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:33 pm

brickyblue wrote:Id love Ramsey to be fit when he played at the start of the season he was immense and the other players improved around him .frustrating for him and us because hes a real good player who wants to be here and loves the club.Well we love him see u next season Aaron

Agree with you love him to fit for next season but need to change his contract

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:54 pm

He's not going to agree to a worse contract for him, nobody would agree to a worse contract than they are presently signed to.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:07 pm

I think Rambo will recuperate this summer and come back with a point to prove...

He has the talent and ability to be a driving force both in our team and as a mentor for the likes of Colwill...

Nobody will be more disappointed than him how this season has turned out but to write him off is a little bit of an overreaction... :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:11 pm

Anyone thinking that’s the end for Rambo needs to give their head a wobble.

Despite his reasonable wages I get that he’s a luxury. But just look at that first part of the season and the impetus he gave us. He is STILL head and shoulders above anyone else in the squad and if we can get 20-25 games out of him next season that could make the difference between playoffs and obscurity.

Of course we’d all love him to play 40 games but that isn’t going to happen. But he is just so good at this level that half those games will do for me and should do for anyone who has watched Championship football for a decent amount of time.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:17 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Anyone thinking that’s the end for Rambo needs to give their head a wobble.

Despite his reasonable wages I get that he’s a luxury. But just look at that first part of the season and the impetus he gave us. He is STILL head and shoulders above anyone else in the squad and if we can get 20-25 games out of him next season that could make the difference between playoffs and obscurity.

Of course we’d all love him to play 40 games but that isn’t going to happen. But he is just so good at this level that half those games will do for me and should do for anyone who has watched Championship football for a decent amount of time.

Love him to at least 20 games

Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:14 pm

Sven wrote:I think Rambo will recuperate this summer and come back with a point to prove...

He has the talent and ability to be a driving force both in our team and as a mentor for the likes of Colwill...

Nobody will be more disappointed than him how this season has turned out but to write him off is a little bit of an overreaction... :ayatollah:

Sorry Chris, but have to disagree.

He played up until September and did well.

But since the home game against the Jacks, he has either been injured or done nothing.

For his own sake, I honestly think he should retire.

Then he can do what he wants and be in a happier place - be that coaching or punditry.

As said above, he has nothing to prove to us Cardiff City fans.

Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:44 pm

Think people going a bit ott with his so called injury problems? He had one knee injury (in training) this would put any player out for several months at least and as with all long term injured players they are subject to niggly muscle problems through lack of game time when return.... musnt forget championship is extremely hard physical league very few players make it without injury... Next season will hopefully be less problematic for him

Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:44 pm

Total waste of money. I said this when he come back here and knew he wouldn't play hardly any games in a row due to his past injuries. People thought because he played for us before and he welsh so would be good. But a complete flop in my opinion for the money he's had and having.

If he was younger and no injuries galore fair enough but we wouldn't have a chance then to get him like that, let's be honest.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:17 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:Total waste of money. I said this when he come back here and knew he wouldn't play hardly any games in a row due to his past injuries. People thought because he played for us before and he welsh so would be good. But a complete flop in my opinion for the money he's had and having.

If he was younger and no injuries galore fair enough but we wouldn't have a chance then to get him like that, let's be honest.

To be fair, you did say that at the time and been proved right.

He’s on good money, which we could spend better elsewhere.

Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:41 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:Total waste of money. I said this when he come back here and knew he wouldn't play hardly any games in a row due to his past injuries. People thought because he played for us before and he welsh so would be good. But a complete flop in my opinion for the money he's had and having.

If only he was ten years younger Ned and with us in his peak. Just a pipe dream of course because he would be here three games i bet then off to play champions league football :lol:

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:27 am

Add colwill to your injury prone player out again today.... :o

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:42 am

How many injuries as he had this season Counting this one is it 3? so hardly injury prone?
Unfortunate to get a knee injury in training which is a long term injury for "ANY" player..... so you predicted he would get knee injury in training when he sighned for us very physicic of you? :o

Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:44 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

If only he was ten years younger Ned and with us in his peak. Just a pipe dream of course because he would be here three games i bet then off to play champions league football :lol:

How many injuries as he had this season Counting this one is it 3? so hardly injury prone?
Unfortunate to get a knee injury in training which is a long term injury for "ANY" player..... so you predicted he would get knee injury in training when he sighned for us very physicic of you? :clap:

Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:58 am

He still has a lot to offer if he can get back to full fitness.

He shouldn't have started, he wasn't ready for it and now we've lost him again. Need to manage it carefully when anyone that age gets an injury, let alone an injury like Rambos

Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:28 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:He still has a lot to offer if he can get back to full fitness.

He shouldn't have started, he wasn't ready for it and now we've lost him again. Need to manage it carefully when anyone that age gets an injury, let alone an injury like Rambos

My point the injury had nothing to do with his fitness or other injuries.. .. started 23 games for nice with another 12 as a sub is that injury prone prio to coming to City? O'dowda same scenario ... I accept can't play full season in championship simply because it is a brutal league where lots players fail to make it unscathed... he's only 33 not exactly old .....kieffer more only 6mnths younger probably needs better game management as you say

Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:13 pm

I would not say a waste of money when Colwill came on in the last game I noticed that quite a lot of his moves were the sort of moves Ramsay makes, so it could be that Colwill is learning in training with him, if so that would be worth him being here