Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Tactics spot on tonight “

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:52 pm

Bulut got it spot on tonight.

We looked dangerous when we went forward and defended well.

Took our chance with a very well worked goal.

The whole defence were brilliant but especially Ng and Collins.

Great to see Ashford get 20 minutes.

The only time Birmingham really looked like scoring when they hit the post, never looked like going in.

Will enjoy it if they go down, their fans think they are something they’re not.

Birmingham fans booed off their team.

We are playing well away but as has been the case for years, can’t perform in front of our home fans.

Great win and now onto Millwall.

No doubt the people who are quick to post after a defeat will go missing again tonight.

Re: “ Tactics spot on tonight “

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:53 pm

can;t argue much with that

great result

:bluescarf:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:54 pm

Be careful Ned,

There are those on here who will state that we were just lucky because they were terrible and that it was indeed the players who decided they wanted to play today and that they said "No Erul, we will not play the way you want us to tonight"

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:57 pm

I forgot we were playing. My little one has been poorly all week and she’s just settled and gone to sleep. Nice surprise when I checked my phone and saw the result.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:03 pm

A well deserved win.

I do think Brum had more chances than the OP says but so did Cardiff.

Onto Millwall :thumbup:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:04 pm

The tactics are the same every game, home or away.....Rubin changed the focus of the attack

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:10 pm

MikeO76 wrote:A well deserved win.

I didn’t say that they didn’t have chances, they did.

But I didn’t really think they looked like scoring. Only one shot on target.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:13 pm

llan bluebird wrote:The tactics are the same every game, home or away.....Rubin changed the focus of the attack

Not true Bulut changed it at Coventry

played a tight 3 in the centre of midfield with Turnbull playing the runner supporting our attacks when he could

Again Bulut got it right away from home tonight

The big mystery is why we cannot only get results at home but put in a good shift too

leaves us fans scratching our heads i guess

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:17 pm

Same tactics as usual !!!!
Birmingham were poor
Collwill changed the game and the focus of the game.

And before you say anything I’ve been posting for a change of manager when we’ve fluked other wins NOT when we’ve been losing.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:17 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:A well deserved win.

I didn’t say that they didn’t have chances, they did.

But I didn’t really think they looked like scoring. Only one shot on target.

Fair point :thumbup:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:18 pm

llan bluebird wrote:The tactics are the same every game, home or away.....Rubin changed the focus of the attack

I disagree.

The subs were key tonight.

Normally he would bring Wintle on for Ralls, but tonight it was Turnbull. Wintle obviously not in the squad, but the closest alternative would have been Sawyers.

It meant in the closing stages we had five attack minded players on the pitch despite winning - Grant, Ashford, Diedhiou, Colwill and Turnbull.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:21 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:

played a tight 3 in the centre of midfield with Turnbull playing the runner supporting our attacks when he could

The big mystery is why we cannot only get results at home but put in a good shift too

So the Coventry plan was nearly the same with Ramsey coming to get the ball deep with Ralls and Siopis glued to the middle, so tight.
Rubes hasn't got that game he is an attacking unit, so whether that was the intention or not we had a far more attacking threat in the second half.
I think the problem for Bulut is Rubin isn't a defensive midfielder, nor a central midfielder, a center forward, a winger, or his version of the attacking midfielder which is a midfielder....So he just doesn't have a position for him.

If Bulut stays we have to go three at the back and wingbacks, as it give us a reason to play Rubin more adavanced

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:29 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:

So the Coventry plan was nearly the same with Ramsey coming to get the ball deep with Ralls and Siopis glued to the middle, so tight.
Rubes hasn't got that game he is an attacking unit, so whether that was the intention or not we had a far more attacking threat in the second half.
I think the problem for Bulut is Rubin isn't a defensive midfielder, nor a central midfielder, a center forward, a winger, or his version of the attacking midfielder which is a midfielder....So he just doesn't have a position for him.

If Bulut stays we have to go three at the back and wingbacks, as it give us a reason to play Rubin more adavanced

Didn't we try that at the start of the season but we were shipping goals at a rate of knots but more entertaining !

Norwich play that way and they have conceded 60 goals so far this season but there attack force is much better than ours

Bulut has tightened everything up to secure our championship status for what we were watching at the start of the season

I agree with you about where we play Rubin and wing backs but we need quality up tops to do that

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:31 pm

I thought we looked poor until we scored, then it was only us I could see scoring and probably should've have added a couple of more

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:40 pm

I thought so
Again we lacked quality in the final third and they had a spell after half time
I was confident we would score , when Colwill came on
I think we will beat Millwall and Rotherham and lose our 2 home games to be honest

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:59 am

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:I forgot we were playing. My little one has been poorly all week and she’s just settled and gone to sleep. Nice surprise when I checked my phone and saw the result.

Hope your little one is better soon mate. Somethings are bigger than football.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:11 am

JulesK wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:I forgot we were playing. My little one has been poorly all week and she’s just settled and gone to sleep. Nice surprise when I checked my phone and saw the result.

Cheers Jules. I lost track of time completely until I finally sat down around 10pm and picked up my phone :idea:

Thankfully, she’s on the mend. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

She went to her first game on Good Friday and lasted around 70 mins before she wanted to go home :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:26 am

llan bluebird wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:

Really good points made.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:27 am

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
JulesK wrote:

Cheers Jules. I lost track of time completely until I finally sat down around 10pm and picked up my phone :idea:

She went to her first game on Good Friday and lasted around 70 mins before she wanted to go home :lol: :lol:

I think most of us felt like that on Good Friday mate!
Glad she’s on the mend.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:32 am

Roath_Blue wrote:Be careful Ned,

There are those on here who will state that we were just lucky because they were terrible and that it was indeed the players who decided they wanted to play today and that they said "No Erul, we will not play the way you want us to tonight"

So terrible they can afford to have Dramah and Pritchard on the bench, they are underperforming, that's what a Manager gamble appointment can do, take you down!

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:35 am

Great game, he's improving faster now, and he'll be great next season, he's stopped growing and getting used to professional football, and his brother is supposed to be even better!

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:42 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
JulesK wrote:

I think most of us felt like that on Good Friday mate!
Glad she’s on the mend.

Cheers mate. :occasion5: