Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“You can’t get success the ways it’s being run” SAYS

Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:23 pm

Ex Cardiff City Striker Nathan Blake striker told the BBC:

Nathan Blake:

“Most fans know my position. You can't get success running a club the way it's being run. You will get short-term success, like we had under Neil Warnock, a one-off when all things came together and we played some really good football at times. But that doesn't happen often.”

"If you are running a football club, your board, governance, recruitment, scouting, everything needs to be in place and as professional as it can be.”

"Waiting for this all-seeing, Wizard of Oz-type character to make a decision, it's crazy. I don't think you can look at the three gentlemen at the top of the club and say they get decisions right more often than they get them wrong.”

“Mehmet [Dalman] has spoken about having made many mistakes – and that's after a decade of being at the club.”

"I don't expect anything to change. I just think that is the way it is. Unless the ownership model changes, nothing will change. Expect more of the same."

Re: “You can’t get success the ways it’s being run” SAYS

Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:28 pm

I love listening to Blakey. Always has a very good point of view :thumbup:

Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:32 pm

I don't think anyone will disagree with Blakey there.

The first thing we need to do is is find the problem which we have done and that is Financial.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:47 pm

Stating the blindingly obvious nothing change in 10yrs ive no time for him ..... say can't get success run this way but then says had short success with NW, that's more than a lot of championship clubs .... every time he opens his mouth same stuff comes out like a broken record he's also lousy pundit... just my opinion of course . :occasion5: ...

Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I don't think anyone will disagree with Blakey there.

The first thing we need to do is is find the problem which we have done and that is Financial.

Blakey been saying this for years ,
He’s knows the club inside out ,
Yes there’s a financial problem but the main problem is the 3 at the top and unless he sells up then it’s more of the same until we eventually have new owners who know what they’re doing

Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:08 pm

Blakey is indeed correct, nothing will change unless there is a change in the "ownership model". It really does have to change and as soon as possible.

Nothing every fan and his dog knows and have known for some years. So why doesn't Tan know? I think it's a case of King Canute and The Emperors New Clothes. But of course he knows all this, he's a clever guy. His mistake is him actually believing he is the solution to all of this. His stubbornness and vanity is his weakness. And the clock is ticking and actually getting faster. Or the tide is now licking at his feet as I've mentioned King Canute. And his yes men are pointing to his new clothes and are still saying how nice they are, otherwise they will get sacked. But someone needs to point out he's actually down to his boxer shorts and needs help.

And the crazy thing, Sam would be perfect for this and is as passionate about the club and it's fans as much as ever even after all these years. And it could happen in a pen stroke.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:46 pm

:lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:35 pm

Depends on what is deemed success for a club like Cardiff If you take that last 12 years average league positions it will be up there with any other 12 year period part from the time around the 20s it will certainly be the best since i first went down 50 years ago
We have a good stadium , excellent training facilities but we just don’t seem to be building our player base off it. Something is not right and most will point that at Tan

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:01 pm

For me Nathan always speaks a lot of sense knows his football and knows the club..A director of football is needed someone who knows the club and the game but Tan always knows best always has always will its his money but its our club

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:16 pm

Also said that in training you play the way match day. The manager said the players should press more and be more positive but Nathan was correct it is the manager to do this in training.