Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bulut can only succeed so far with a number 9 like Meite, he

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:29 am

Bulut can only succeed so far with a number 9 like Meite, he isn’t helping his cause at all .. not good enough technically, would give ashford or robbo a go up top on Wednesday

Re: Bulut can only succeed so far with a number 9 like Meite

Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 am

I don't think it would make any difference who he plays as a striker, the tactics are the problem not our strikers.

Meite scored 42 goals in 156 appearances for Reading.

Diedhiou scored 51 goals in 169 appearances for Bristol City.

Both experienced strikers in the Championship but since signing for Cardiff:

Meite has scored 1 goal in 35 appearances.

Diedhiou has scored 1 goal in 11 appearances.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:39 pm

MikeO76 wrote:I don't think it would make any difference who he plays as a striker, the tactics are the problem not our strikers.

When you digest the stark reality of those figures, it really does hit home how Bulut's tactics are the main cause of our 'misfiring' forwards. Even Mbappe would be hard pushed to excel with Bulut at the helm.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:22 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:I don't think it would make any difference who he plays as a striker, the tactics are the problem not our strikers.

When you digest the stark reality of those figures, it really does hit home how Bulut's tactics are the main cause of our 'misfiring' forwards. Even Mbappe would be hard pushed to excel with Bulut at the helm.

Exactly mate. And that's my big concern with Bulut. He's either to stubborn to change tactics or doesn't know how to.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:23 pm

He seems like a decent guy and I would like nothing more than for him to succeed. Hopefully if his contract is renewed he will be prepared to adapt the team's tactics more proficiently than he has this season. He's not stupid so he must see what the fans see. The rest is up to him.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:53 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:He seems like a decent guy and I would like nothing more than for him to succeed. Hopefully if his contract is renewed he will be prepared to adapt the team's tactics more proficiently than he has this season. He's not stupid so he must see what the fans see. The rest is up to him.

:thumbup: