Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Birmingham City v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:50 pm

Birmingham City win (10/11)
24%
Cardiff City win (3/1)
72%
Draw (5/2)
4%

Total votes : 25

Re: MATCH THREAD: “BIRMINGHAM CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH TH

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:17 pm

Great goal

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:19 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Bulut has to go as he just doesn't know how to fit Colwill in this team. A unique talent with the most systematic of managers

He just provided a great ball for Bowler's goal...? :?

LATEST SCORE: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY (69 mins)
Bluebird scorer: Josh Bowler, 65 mins

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:21 pm

Colwill will be back on the bench next match.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:22 pm

Cian Ashford and Famara Diedhiou on for Josh Bowler and Yakou Meite respectively...

Great to see Cian Ashford get a decent run out... :clap: :ayatollah:

LATEST SCORE: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY (72 mins)

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:23 pm

Sven wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Bulut has to go as he just doesn't know how to fit Colwill in this team. A unique talent with the most systematic of managers

Yeah, Unique talent that needs to find a manager who knows how to play him. Mr 4231 don't move out of position can't fit him in as he isn't really a midfielder and that what he wants him to be

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:26 pm

Bulut needs to take his straitjacket off and live a little. If he can't take risks at this stage of the season, he never will.

A stubborn manager set in his ways.

But we're winning.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:27 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Yeah, Unique talent that needs to find a manager who knows how to play him. Mr 4231 don't move out of position can't fit him in as he isn't really a midfielder and that what he wants him to be

Bulut isn’t the only manager that hasn’t started Colwill. He’s talented, no doubt but is inconsistent.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:28 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Been involved in every Cardiff attack in the second half I think. As you say, a unique talent and unless we eventually find a manager that can use and improve his talent, we may as well sell him. He's probably very frustrated.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:32 pm

Ashford finally gets his chance, and Bulut puts him on the wing...... :banghead:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:33 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Colwill is only in his first real season after his much-publicised growing issues stalled his progression and he has, to date, done okay to good...

Still progression to be had but it's work-in-progress and Erol Bulut has played him reasonably well and consistently; but I do agree he would do even better in a more attack-minded set-up... :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:34 pm

MikeO76 wrote:Ashford finally gets his chance, and Bulut puts him on the wing...... :banghead:

I believe they are unsure where he plays wide, 10 or striker

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:37 pm

The Bluebirds are linking well right now and Birmingham are losing the battle against some resolute defending; particularly from Perry Ng, who has had Junior Bacuna in his pocket all game... :clap:

LATEST SCORE: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY (85 mins)

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:38 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:Ashford finally gets his chance, and Bulut puts him on the wing...... :banghead:

I believe they are unsure where he plays wide, 10 or striker

Aah! I've only seen him play striker for U21's but that does explain it :thumbup:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:41 pm

Watching on the red button, good to see our new boys Jimielou Collins and siopsis are doing really well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:41 pm

4 minutes of added time, as the Brummies bok their team for their non-enterprise...

LATEST SCORE: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY (90 mins)

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:42 pm

Turnbull wants to stop sulking and start working harder! Given it away too often

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:43 pm

If Ashford plays striker for the U21s why would Bulut chuck him on the wing then!?

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:45 pm

A good away win for the Bluebirds, who put in a solud performance against relegation-threatened Birmingham City...

Well done, guys. You withstood the pressure and came away with the spoils... :clap: :ayatollah:

FINAL SCORE: BIRMINGHAM CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY (90+4 mins)

Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:49 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:If Ashford plays striker for the U21s why would Bulut chuck him on the wing then!?

Because he'll get a bit more space out there. Micheal Owen spent a season or two wide before coming inside.

There are many things to have a go at Bulut but this isn't one of them

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:24 pm

Tonight was Bulut taking the handbrake off in a meaningless match for us. This was as attacking and free flowing as it's going to get under Bulut. Yes we won, but i still think he should be let go

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:55 pm

Colwill for has been consistant he has chsnged nearly every gwme he has come on in he pushes forward and is confident with the ball
keep drawing that out of him only thing is is that when he starts a game he has not been so influential but as a sub w0/30 mins he has been great so just keep building him up to 45 then 90 mins he made the difference in the ipswich game recently and did the same tonight.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:58 pm

montyblue wrote:Colwill for has been consistant he has chsnged nearly every gwme he has come on in he pushes forward and is confident with the ball
keep drawing that out of him only thing is is that when he starts a game he has not been so influential but as a sub w0/30 mins he has been great so just keep building him up to 45 then 90 mins he made the difference in the ipswich game recently and did the same tonight.

There have also been games recently where he’s been awful.

The one thing he isn’t is consistent.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:45 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Turnbull wants to stop sulking and start working harder! Given it away too often

Strange how people see things differently as I thought that we gained a better grip on the game when Turnbull came on as he got a real foothold just before the final third and was the perfect foil for our front 4.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:52 pm

A Good Win Away from Home ...

Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:52 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:Turnbull wants to stop sulking and start working harder! Given it away too often

Strange how people see things differently as I thought that we gained a better grip on the game when Turnbull came on as he got a real foothold just before the final third and was the perfect foil for our front 4.

It is strange, my opinion has been coloured by the fact he stormed straight down the tunnel after being subbed last home game. I can’t stand that kind of petulance, yes he’s showing he wants to play but there’s ways to do it.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:06 am

Underhill1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

It is strange, my opinion has been coloured by the fact he stormed straight down the tunnel after being subbed last home game. I can’t stand that kind of petulance, yes he’s showing he wants to play but there’s ways to do it.

He did go straight down tunnel but came back within 2-3 mins. Could have been something simple like toilet etc. He made sure he walked around in front of the Ninian stand applauding the fans at the end.

Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:16 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

He did go straight down tunnel but came back within 2-3 mins. Could have been something simple like toilet etc. He made sure he walked around in front of the Ninian stand applauding the fans at the end.

I didn’t see that see, makes complete sense. I’ll try not to be a judgemental

Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:27 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I didn’t see that see, makes complete sense. I’ll try not to be a judgemental

I do like the look of Turnbull but as you say, I was disappointed he went straight down tunnel but I kept an eye on the bench area and it was good to see him come back pretty sharpish.
I also think he gets frustrated on the pitch when teammates don’t make a run for him as I’m pretty sure he’s not a ‘kick it anywhere’ type of player.
Don’t know whether you noticed but the commentary on my stream mentioned when he was crowded out once and lost the ball, that Bulut was ‘very animated indicating that the ball should have been shifted out to the right’. Then at the end of the match when the players were walking around the pitch, Bulut put an arm around him and judging by his arm movements, was clearly telling him that instead of going into ‘traffic’ he should have moved it right. Good management imo.
He does remind me a little bit of Whitts in that he’s not got a lot of pace and his tackling isn’t the best. He does look to control the tempo of the game though by staying on the front foot.
Apologies for the ‘war and peace’ post but that’s why I love this forum. :thumbup:
Ps. Got a good shot on him too apparently