Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: FOR ME TODAY SHOWED WHO HAD THE REAL QUALITY & PHI

Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:58 pm

MY VIEW: FOR ME TODAY SHOWED WHO HAD THE REAL QUALITY & PHILOGENE IS QUALITY.

If you spend good money you get quality.

Cardiff were Booed off at H-T.
Cardiff looked so negative in the first-half and allowed Hull to keep coming at them.

Hull City came to Cardiff without a win in their last 7 games and losing their last 3 games and like Cardiff their play-off hopes virtually over.

THE CARDIFF CITY HIERARCHY NEED TO DECIDE:

SELL UP ONCE & FOR ALL OR INVEST & GIVE CARDIFF CITY STABILITY ON MANAGERS & DECIDE NOW.

The season is over for Cardiff City, so bows the time to make the big decisions.

FIRST-HALF: First 20mins, Hull had the possession and controlled the game, but Cardiff had the only shot.
Then as time was going on with Hull continually going forward & 74% possession , you could see it coming.

32nd min: GOAL! Cardiff City 0-1 Hull City (Carvalho)
First real moment of quality in the game, and Hull were in front.

Cardiff did start to come alive and had a few chances, but well wide.

GOAL! Cardiff City 0-2 Hull City (Carvalho)

44mins: So easy.

Tufan slid the ball through the gap created by Phillips and Goutas, who are caught napping.
Carvalho slips in and applies the finish.
2-0, and Hull are good value for it.

Hull though looked in control and as the away team, I believe they deserved their 2 nil lead.

SECOND-HALF: Cardiff came out better and we’re going forward more, but that did not last.

GOAL! Cardiff City 1-2 Hull City (Grant)

60th min: Double sub
Ramsey and Wilson-Esbrand on for Bowler and Turnbull.

But then minutes later Philogene scored to make 1-3
Philogene coasted past Phillips and Goutas like they aren't even there and slots into the net.

Then Hull hit the post, it was back to being all Hull again.

75th min: Sub for Hull
Omur is replaced by McLoughlin.
Tufan coming off for Zaoury.
79th min: Wilson-Esbrand unable to continue
He's been receiving lengthy treatment for the last few moments. Limps offed to be replaced by Tanner

Cardiff tried to go forward but lacked quality.

CARDIFF CITY 1 HULL CITY 3
H-T 0-2
Crowd. 20,688
Away Support 885

Cardiff City: Horvath; Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Collins; Ralls (c), Siopis; Turnbull, Bowler, Gratin; Meite

Subs: Turner, Romeo, Wilson-Esbrand, J.Colwill, Ramsey, Tanner, AShford, Diedhiou, Robinson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: FOR ME TODAY SHOWED WHO HAD THE REAL QUALITY &

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:00 pm

I dont think that was too bad a performance today just angry with their third goal, utter suicide after we got back in the game. Cavalho and Philogene were a class above what we have and it showed today. So for all the moaning about Bulut, yes negative, but the quality Hull have is why they were better than us. We need investment this summer and a striker top of the list. Meite is never a number 9. Awful this has never been addressed for 3 years. Until there is investment in the team the debate about the manager is irrelevant.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:01 pm

Team:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:03 pm

Just posted similar, you get quality when you spend money.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:06 pm

Updated:

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:10 pm

Of late I have seen absolutely nothing to say we are going in the right direction. In fact I will say we are just as bad as last season. My fear is that I do not see much investment coming in next season. I'm fearing next season.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:15 pm

Most important issue is why we give possession , play deep and negative from the start, more than the players we play . The manager is the reason. Hull have been on a poor run. Teams come to Cardiff on a poor run , and we just let them grow in confidence.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:16 pm

Full Table:

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:19 pm

Yeah true mate. We lack quality and I can’t blame Bulut today, we were more attacking, we just lack quality up top, and unusually our defence was half asleep today. The players have to take the brunt of the blame today.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:23 pm

Phillips killed the game for us after we scored to make it 2:1 I thought we could have gone on to equalise

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:24 pm

Let’s face it. Even if we had spent the money Hull have, do we honestly think Bulut would be achieving much more? We have been appalling at home and managed to pick up some fortuitous wins away that have provided us with safety. Sorry to say it but I don’t think he’s the man.
Yes, the Hull manager has had loads more money to spend but I think their ceiling is potentially much higher. They play good stuff. Under Bulut, we look a league below.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:24 pm

Grandstand wrote:Most important issue is why we give possession , play deep and negative from the start, more than the players we play . The manager is the reason. Hull have been on a poor run. Teams come to Cardiff on a poor run , and we just let them grow in confidence.

Up until their first goal there was not much in it and then Cavalho hits a great volley in off a corner. That's the quality and the difference. We had a great chance before that when Bowler cut the ball back at the byline but we don't have a striker to be in their to score. Too easy to Bulut bash all the time. He's not perfect but sometimes the opposition may have something to do with negative results too.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:26 pm

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:Let’s face it. Even if we had spent the money Hull have, do we honestly think Bulut would be achieving much more? We have been appalling at home and managed to pick up some fortuitous wins away that have provided us with safety. Sorry to say it but I don’t think he’s the man.
Yes, the Hull manager has had loads more money to spend but I think their ceiling is potentially much higher. They play good stuff. Under Bulut, we look a league below.

So Cavalho and Philogene would make no difference if we had them in our team today then?

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:39 pm

All those kids that were there for a quid today... I hope the club put on a load of free shit for them I'm the family stand?! Sweets, entertainment, the usual. Cos the football ain't gonna bring them back.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:54 pm

It’s funny though, because the quality they have they should firmly be in the top 6.

If they don’t finish top 6, I can see Rosenior getting the sack. They’ve spent serious money.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:03 pm

I am one of 20K, but i want the ball going forward quicker, too much faffing around regardless if we had the players. Hull were no great shakes at 2-1 I fancied us getting back in it.

Warmock would get this good defence, hard working midfield shit attack into the playoffs

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:12 pm

Never understood the thinking of booing your own team tbh.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:22 pm

Yeah - agree. I think that Warnock may well have got our squad in the playoffs.

It's just been really tedious at time watching City at home thus season. Its like groundhog day but last season was even worse.

There have been many games like this and it is partly due to Bulut and his negative set up. All Hull needed to do was take their time and stroke the ball around between their back 4 - there was absolutely no pressure on them at all from our pretend forwards Meite and Turnbull.

The result being Hull were camped in our half for much of the match.
It is so dire to watch and very disheartening.

Ironically the minute we look threatening Bulut subs Turnbull and Bowler!

I can only assume that Ashford isn't better than Meite and our loan signing Farmer Dido - the poor kid must be thinking what the fk does he need to do to get some game time - why didn't Bulut make wholesale changes at half time!?

Look at the facts: we've now lost 20 games this season - that's not great. Is Bulut the man to take us forward because for me, I'm really unsure - his tactics are questionable as he NEVER changes them!

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:22 pm

Reply:

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:32 pm

Disappointing performance today, Hull were a cut above - very slick, fast, great technical ability compared to our slow, laboured, awkward approach to possession football.

And why we don't go direct when we are losing I'll never know. Some might say we give the ball away too easy by doing so but it also leads to corners or mistakes from the opposition. Very frustrating!

Trying to find the positives, we were up against a very expensive squad on paper so it's no disgrace to lose against them.

I miss the Warnockesque fight and passion though. We are so boring!!!

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:43 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:Disappointing performance today, Hull were a cut above - very slick, fast, great technical ability compared to our slow, laboured, awkward approach to possession football.

And why we don't go direct when we are losing I'll never know. Some might say we give the ball away too easy by doing so but it also leads to corners or mistakes from the opposition. Very frustrating!

Trying to find the positives, we were up against a very expensive squad on paper so it's no disgrace to lose against them.

I miss the Warnockesque fight and passion though. We are so boring!!!

I think this is a fight and passion squad, we are just slow and tedious by design.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:48 pm

The football under Russell Slade is better than this shit we’re being served.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:37 pm

Definately a difference in quality today. Bizzare how we just melted after Grants goal, though??

Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:04 pm

Why does bulut set us upto play like the away team it invites pressure om us straight away we need to attack and press teams especially at home 9 home deafets says it all please change the tactics erol WE ARE THE HOME TEAM

Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:24 pm

The referee was most definitely the worst we’ve had all season. And yes that includes the female ref who fell over.

What was the EFL thinking putting a Humberside ref in charge of a Hull match :banghead:

And we’ve got him again Wednesday night :oops: :oops:

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:12 pm

Guess today sums up our season? We were happy to concede possession from the start of game to hold on to 0-0 by being very passive attacking wise..... after going 2 down decide to push forward more and then score but every team would push on and pressure opposition but not city we get free kick halfway line and decide passing backwards was better except rolls forgot to tell phillips bang another goal.... I actually thought we were more comfortable passing at the back "except goal" than we have been all season but unfortunately game is won at other end of pitch somewhere we are reluctant to visit unless we are losing. :roll: just a very annoying season with more believe in ourselves we would be top 6 I have no doubts going on the stupid games we've lost at home..

Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:27 pm

Reply:

Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:27 pm

Reply:

Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:56 pm

16/12/2023 Hull City 3 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 20,352 Away Support ( 380 Cardiff fans )

06/04/2024 Cardiff City 1 Hull City 3 Crowd 20,688 Away Support ( 885 Hull fan )

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Just posted similar, you get quality when you spend money.

Hull sold a player for £18m and had that money to invest in new players.

If we spent any serious money we would be into FFP issues as we haven’t made any money from player sales for years

It’s not that the Board don’t want to invest, they can’t because of FFP restrictions