Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Manolis Siopis on Cian Ashford:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:40 pm

My View: Bulut should be starting Ashford as these are the ideal games to get him ready for next season.

“I like a lot Ash [Cian Ashford]. The difference he has with other players, he takes the ball and you feel he’s been in the first team two or three years. He’s not afraid, he has confidence and he has amazing finishing.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Manolis Siopis on Cian Ashford:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My View: Bulut should be starting Ashford as these are the ideal games to get him ready for next season.

“I like a lot Ash [Cian Ashford]. The difference he has with other players, he takes the ball and you feel he’s been in the first team two or three years. He’s not afraid, he has confidence and he has amazing finishing.”

From that I would say he has the same opinion.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:50 pm

This is a good time to give the lad a chance .

Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:30 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:This is a good time to give the lad a chance .

Don’t think it will happen yet.

As long as Bulut says we can still get top six (we won’t) then he will not pick the young players.

I think they should be given a chance now but won’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen until the last few games.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:15 am

We need more players that don’t hide and want the ball. We’ve seen the benefit of that when Colwill comes on. Okay he’s not the complete player by any stretch but he always wants the ball and isn’t afraid.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:47 am

Underhill1927 wrote:We need more players that don’t hide and want the ball. We’ve seen the benefit of that when Colwill comes on. Okay he’s not the complete player by any stretch but he always wants the ball and isn’t afraid.

Your spot on there, you have only got to watch the likes of Bowler who is quite happy just to shuffle along and wait for someone to pass to him, which he eventually loses. There is no urgency to want it, could name a few who tend to shy away from WANTING the ball.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:46 pm

This is the last few games! Get Cian in there FFS - give him a chance as we've technically got nowt to play for.

If he doesn't start now, when? In meaningless pre-season friendlies?

If they're good enough, they're old enough. Simple.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:32 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:This is the last few games! Get Cian in there FFS - give him a chance as we've technically got nowt to play for.

If he doesn't start now, when? In meaningless pre-season friendlies?

If they're good enough, they're old enough. Simple.

:thumbup: