Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: Erol Bulut: “ Injury update Not good as out again “

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:47 pm

Erol Bulut said that he hopes that McGuinness will return from injury before the end of the season, but he is not sure that will be possible.

The centre-back is yet to return to training after picking up a hamstring injury a couple of months ago.

"He will not be available for us. I don't know when he will be back," Bulut said. "He is not training with us the last few days. I hope in the short-term, he will be back and we can have him with us.

"I hope [we will see him before the end of the season]."

INJURY UPDATE:

Rubin Colwill now out 2-3 games

Erol Bulut:

O’Dowda has only played in 9 out of 42 League and Cup games and is now out injured again.

"O'Dowda is also injured, so he will not be with us this weekend. It is a hamstring from the last game. He felt a little bit of pain on his hamstring. I think it's also a bit of protection from the medical staff.

"None of us want him to get an injury again, because he was out for a long time, so we have to protect him."

Callum O’Dowda felt pain in his hamstring following the Coventry game and is also expected to be sidelined for Saturday’s fixture.

Etete will be out injured as well.

Re: Erol Bulut: “ Injury update Not good as out again “

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:53 pm

Not that worried about Colwill, been poor recently and Turnbull is doing well.

O’Dowda is a great player at this level but picks up way too many injuries.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:02 pm

I can see a pattern happening here with colwill and o dowda , injury after injury , it’s no good man

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:09 pm

Reading it it’s just a twinge and the medical staff are being over cautious with CO’D.

Don’t really go into Etete’s injury, it’s it a relapse or a fresh injury

Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:45 pm

Can't say I'm overly disappointed with Etete or Colwill.

O'Dowda brings something different but is always injured anyway.

Re: UPDATED: Erol Bulut: “ Injury update Not good as out aga

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:28 pm

Bulut said that he hopes that McGuinness will return from injury before the end of the season, but he is not sure that will be possible.

The centre-back is yet to return to training after picking up a hamstring injury a couple of months ago.

"He will not be available for us. I don't know when he will be back," Bulut said. "He is not training with us the last few days. I hope in the short-term, he will be back and we can have him with us.

"I hope [we will see him before the end of the season]."

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:36 pm

Erol Bulut:

“ Jak Alnwick “

"He was at training with us, but again he felt a pain on his knee and he left training," the manager said. "I don't know about his situation. I was expecting him back in training fully, but the medical staff say he felt pain. I don't know when he will be back."

Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:00 pm

Nothing to lose at this stage of the season - Give and look at some of the younger/ other players in the squad :bluebird:

Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:23 am

Not to worried about them injuries, also not supprised at ODowda, even when he came on as a sub he was at it 100%, after a long time out just air on the side of caution with him if he feels anything imo

Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:39 am

O'Dowda needs to be replaced this summer. We cannot depend on him.