Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Monol Siopis: “It’s important / the Owner must answer.” "

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:13 pm

Monol Siopis: “It’s important / the Owner must answer.”

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238638&p=2442921#p2442921

"He is the guy who brought me to this club and the country. It's important (he stays), but it's something the owner must answer," Siopis said.

"But if you ask me my opinion, we must know if he is staying or not. Because they must make plans for next year. We have just one month (left). I want him to stay, of course.

"This is a question you must ask the owner, but we must know. We will see”

Read much more on this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238638&p=2442921#p2442921
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Monol Siopis: “It’s important / the Owner must answer.”

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:15 pm

Siopis is spot on.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:30 pm

He's getting sold then !!

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:34 pm

JulesK wrote:He's getting sold then !!

Bulut not just slagging Tan off to the press, but getting his mates to do it as well :lol:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:04 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Bulut not just slagging Tan off to the press, but getting his mates to do it as well :lol:

I don't read it like that (slagging off). However, I fully understand that silence on the topic from the Board (ahem, Vincent Tan) does not help the situation of Bulut or his players; particularly the Turkish element...

Apart from the 'security' of manager, coaches, players, etc., it just confuses the club's support group and gives rise to even more unhelpful rumour and conjecture at a point in tne season where we really need to be concentrating on finishing the season well and prepping for next season...

Whether or what is happening behind the scenes will become clear (or maybe not) in the week's to come but I feel Erol Bulut should have had some indication of his future good or bad at this point; even if only to stop the topic over riding what remains of this season... :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:52 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I don't read it like that (slagging off). However, I fully understand that silence on the topic from the Board (ahem, Vincent Tan) does not help the situation of Bulut or his players; particularly the Turkish element...

Apart from the 'security' of manager, coaches, players, etc., it just confuses the club's support group and gives rise to even more unhelpful rumour and conjecture at a point in tne season where we really need to be concentrating on finishing the season well and prepping for next season...

Whether or what is happening behind the scenes will become clear (or maybe not) in the week's to come but I feel Erol Bulut should have had some indication of his future good or bad at this point; even if only to stop the topic over riding what remains of this season... :ayatollah:

Chris correct me but isn't bulut a dalman signing and as such dalman as say on if he stays or goes?
So him not speaking to tan would be right as he should be talking to dalman ... bit of smoke & mirrors by bulut maybe? And would hazard a guess that he knows ehats happening.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Chris correct me but isn't bulut a dalman signing and as such dalman as say on if he stays or goes?
So him not speaking to tan would be right as he should be talking to dalman ... bit of smoke & mirrors by bulut maybe? And would hazard a guess that he knows ehats happening.

Allan, I believe 99.9% of all decisions are Vincent Tan's and Mehmet Dalman gets the odd 0.1% nod of approval from his master, which would logically have included the appointment of his 'friend' Erol Bulut...

I don't know it as fact but my thought is that the appearance that Erol Bulut has not (publicly at least) had the nod for next season means Vincent Tan has not (yet at least) given his approval...

Again, whether it is for footballing or other reasons, is an unknown that only time will give the answer...

What I will say in the absence of any factual knowledge on the strangely long 4-page thread suggesting 'something positive' could happen in the summer that resulted in some of the strangest comments/guesses I've ever read on here, is that Mehmet's only other managerial appointment was OGS...

Enough said on the low value and big losses incurred on that particular subject... :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:09 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Allan, I believe 99.9% of all decisions are Vincent Tan's and Mehmet Dalman gets the odd 0.1% nod of approval from his master, which would logically have included the appointment of his 'friend' Erol Bulut...

I don't know it as fact but my thought is that the appearance that Erol Bulut has not (publicly at least) had the nod for next season means Vincent Tan has not (yet at least) given his approval...

Again, whether it is for footballing or other reasons, is an unknown that only time will give the answer...

What I will say in the absence of any factual knowledge on the strangely long 4-page thread suggesting 'something positive' could happen in the summer that resulted in some of the strangest comments/guesses I've ever read on here, is that Mehmet's only other managerial appointment was OGS...

Enough said on the low value and big losses incurred on that particular subject... :ayatollah:

Like said to you earlier in week it's been a strange time with tan and financial woes being mentioned by several posters me including...... what pussles me is why the wait about bulut even Tan knows we are better now than been for years playing wise so why risk that? what can possibly be in doubt and why would tan go against dalman after already agreeing to bulut in 1st place? As I've said cannot believe bulur doesn't no what's going on and for life of me cannot think of any logically reason other than new management team as to why new contract for bulut hasn't been announced and no logical reason for not giving him one....

Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Like said to you earlier in week it's been a strange time with tan and financial woes being mentioned by several posters me including...... what pussles me is why the wait about bulut even Tan knows we are better now than been for years playing wise so why risk that? what can possibly be in doubt and why would tan go against dalman after already agreeing to bulut in 1st place? As I've said cannot believe bulur doesn't no what's going on and for life of me cannot think of any logically reason other than new management team as to why new contract for bulut hasn't been announced and no logical reason for not giving him one....

I see your point, Allan, but therein lies the problem; no one outside a select few (or two) has too much of an idea of what or why things are or are not happening right now or in the near future...

The 'star-gazers' on here have had their minds in overdrive these last few days and I doubt any of them have hit the (proverbial) nail square on its head...

Clearly, 'some' information about 'something' has been imparted of late but I doubt it amounts to anything concrete; maybe more of a 'hope' based on things that may simply 'have' to change...?

As I said previously, I simply don't know; but at our club the basic range of 'possibilities' is such that the impatient minds of some will be working overtime to convince themselves theirs is the resolution to the unknown conundrum...! ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I see your point, Allan, but therein lies the problem; no one outside a select few (or two) has too much of an idea of what or why things are or are not happening right now or in the near future...

The 'star-gazers' on here have had their minds in overdrive these last few days and I doubt any of them have hit the (proverbial) nail square on its head...

Clearly, 'some' information about 'something' has been imparted of late but I doubt it amounts to anything concrete; maybe more of a 'hope' based on things that may simply 'have' to change...?

As I said previously, I simply don't know; but at our club the basic range of 'possibilities' is such that the impatient minds of some will be working overtime to convince themselves theirs is the resolution to the unknown conundrum...! ;) :ayatollah:

Chris also strange siopis as got involved who happens to be friendly with Bulut? Anyway we can blame Annis for dangling carrot in front of us fans ....

Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:33 pm

It's the question most of us want an answer to :bluebird:

Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Chris also strange siopis as got involved who happens to be friendly with Bulut? Anyway we can blame Annis for dangling carrot in front of us fans ....

You're right on both counts, Allan... :thumbup:

Firstly, Siopis got involved, as he and Goutas only came here because of the manager...

Secondly, Annis dangled a positivity carrot after one of his many sources gave him a snippet of positive things to come this summer...

I take it as a positive that Annis felt positive enough to put it out there (so far as he really could) for us to hold on to as we move toward this season's end...

Others well overreacting and in some places being critical and dismissive because he didn't (or more likely couldn't) divulge what he was told, was indicative of the nature of some on here...

Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:38 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Firstly, Siopis got involved, as he and Goutas only came here because of the manager...

Secondly, Annis dangled a positivity carrot after one of his many sources gave him a snippet of positive things to come this summer...

I take it as a positive that Annis felt positive enough to put it out there (so far as he really could) for us to hold on to as we move toward this season's end...

Others well overreacting and in some places being critical and dismissive because he didn't (or more likely couldn't) divulge what he was told, was indicative of the nature of some on here...

Chris the more you read what bulut says the more you think a lot is lost in translation and a lot is contradictory ..eg previously says not spoken to tan but today read he speaks several times a week mostly about games to tan ! I don't think for one minute he does not know whats happening behind the scenes despite management's chaotic behaviour at times.... as for changes to me it has to be of significance otherwise no point in saying anything and again if was something mundane like new beer being sold that would come out in general news ! For certain reasons will stick to my original opinion it's financial news . :thumbup:

Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Chris the more you read what bulut says the more you think a lot is lost in translation and a lot is contradictory ..eg previously says not spoken to tan but today read he speaks several times a week mostly about games to tan ! I don't think for one minute he does not know whats happening behind the scenes despite management's chaotic behaviour at times.... as for changes to me it has to be of significance otherwise no point in saying anything and again if was something mundane like new beer being sold that would come out in general news ! For certain reasons will stick to my original opinion it's financial news . :thumbup:

All that makes sense to me, Allan... :thumbup:

For now, in the absence of anything firm, we just have to be patient and wait and see what evolves in the pleasantly unusual knowledge that 'something' positive could well be on the horizon...

The assumations and guesstimations of a few made me smile to be fair... :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:15 pm

We all hope there will be positive news as we really do need it, as something needs to happen.

And as with other key concerns and issues that affect the club, and given there is much fan interest in EBs comments and the summer, it would be good if the various members of the Fan Advisory Board and Trust asked for clarification on this to the board.

That's why the EFL brought this very function in. It's a board level issue and decision and affects the club and it's fans. We need to be consulted on it.

Maybe that's in process? I doubt that they would get any real answer apart from a holding statement but I think there are entirely appropriate questions to ask at this point:

1: What's the plan?

2: Will FFP limit us?

3: Will there be new investment?

4: Are we going to have a proper go next season?

5: Or is it another "transition" season?

6: Is EB still part of the plan as MD said in January?

7: MD recently said that there is a need to get more football knowledge at board level. What is being done to address this and when can we expect an announcement?

There are of course many more but these are the most important from my point of view.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:04 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:We all hope there will be positive news as we really do need it, as something needs to happen.

And as with other key concerns and issues that affect the club, and given there is much fan interest in EBs comments and the summer, it would be good if the various members of the Fan Advisory Board and Trust asked for clarification on this to the board.

That's why the EFL brought this very function in. It's a board level issue and decision and affects the club and it's fans. We need to be consulted on it.

Maybe that's in process? I doubt that they would get any real answer apart from a holding statement but I think there are entirely appropriate questions to ask at this point:

7: MD recently said that there is a need to get more football knowledge at board level. What is being done to address this and when can we expect an announcement?

There are of course many more but these are the most important from my point of view.

Fantastic post, mate; everything you say is right...!

Like you, I am hoping the FAB is a positive and I believe it can be, so long as everyone buys into it; EFL, FA, Clubs, Boards, FAB members, and the club supporters who voted them to act/speak on their behalf...

Questions like the ones above need to be asked and importantly, they need to be answered with honesty and integrity, if the FAB plan is to work...

What worries me somewhat is that some clubs/owners/supporters groups may not buy in to the spirit of the protocols put in place on a club to club basis...

Some clubs will play ball, some might not; and it will be interesting to see how seriously our own stakeholders take it. If all parties buy in, it could and should be one of the most positive interactions between clubs and their supporters in many a year...

Time will tell and we can live in hope...! :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:19 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:We all hope there will be positive news as we really do need it, as something needs to happen.

Like you, I am hoping the FAB is a positive and I believe it can be, so long as everyone buys into it; EFL, FA, Clubs, Boards, FAB members, and the club supporters who voted them to act/speak on their behalf...

Questions like the ones above need to be asked and importantly, they need to be answered with honesty and integrity, if the FAB plan is to work...

What worries me somewhat is that some clubs/owners/supporters groups may not buy in to the spirit of the protocols put in place on a club to club basis...

Some clubs will play ball, some might not; and it will be interesting to see how seriously our own stakeholders take it. If all parties buy in, it could and should be one of the most positive interactions between clubs and their supporters in many a year...

Cheers mate. I may ping the FAB and ask them to ask these questions as they are all board room key issues and the decisions by nature will affect the club and fans and we therefore should be consulted before any decision is made. And the clock is fast approaching midnight for this season and next season's plan should have been finalised last season!

A little assistance for them in asking what they should be asking right now and also a wee test to see if in reality, it's actually going to make any difference in the future of our club. They may of course already be engaged in asking these fundamental questions, but if so, we should also know about that too.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:35 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:

Cheers mate. I may ping the FAB and ask them to ask these questions as they are all board room key issues and the decisions by nature will affect the club and fans and we therefore should be consulted before any decision is made. And the clock is fast approaching midnight for this season and next season's plan should have been finalised last season!

A little assistance for them in asking what they should be asking right now and also a wee test to see if in reality, it's actually going to make any difference in the future of our club. They may of course already be engaged in asking these fundamental questions, but if so, we should also know about that too.

I'm with you on all that and we can only hope everyone involved does their bit to give proper answers and make it work...! :ayatollah: